Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that her body would have been buried before the cadaver dogs arrived

Cadaver dogs are used to find buried bodies too. The body would have had to have been on ice. Maybe they also used something like coffee grounds to confuse the scent trail as well? I am still unsure as to who did it, but IMO the parents at the least know more than they are telling. :twocents: This Wikipedia article alludes to what I was saying. The cadaver dogs can scent buried bodies, or even bodies in running water it says.

I also heard on NG last night that the McCann's can't or won't account for a hour time period if I'm not mistaken.

NANCY GRACE

Portuguese Police Turn McCann Case Over to Prosecutor for Action

Aired September 10, 2007 - 20:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight. A beautiful 3-year-old (SIC) little girl, baby Maddie, reportedly snatched during a luxury resort vacation, her parents party at dinner just 100 yards away at the time. Tonight, police naming Maddie`s own mom and dad prime suspects. Police announce they`re set to turn evidence over to prosecutors, reportedly police seeking charges of homicide and concealing the baby`s body.
As we go to air, stunning reports. Baby Maddie`s DNA, possibly blood, found under the carpet of a car trunk, that car rented by Maddie`s family 25 days after she goes missing. Mom and Dad now flee the country, denying any involvement in Maddie`s disappearance. The clock is ticking. Maddie`s parents have just five days to surrender to police, all the while experts continue to comb through evidence from that rental car and the luxury vacation resort where baby Maddie last seen alive.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A stunning development in the case of missing girl Madeleine McCann, a Portuguese television station now reporting a full DNA match to baby Maddie found in the family`s rental car.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her parents home now in the UK, waiting to see if they will, in fact, be charged in her disappearance. Now, we told you last week the McCanns now reportedly suspected of accidentally killing Madeleine and then hiding her body. They have hired a high-profile legal team that specializes in protecting the reputations of people under investigation. Portuguese police are turning the case over to the prosecutor`s office tomorrow.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: And Tonight, after 11 full days of intense searching by land, by air, by water, police confirm they have ID`d remains of 22-year-old BYU coed Camille Cleverley, found Provo Canyon, Utah, Cleverley last seen leaving her apartment on a silver and purple Schwinn. At this hour, autopsy under way to determine how that BYU senior ended up 200 feet below her bike trail at the foot of a cliff.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Investigators say her body was at the base of these cliffs. It is believed she fell some 200 feet into a forested area.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She was about a thousand yards from the falls. They walked right up on her and were able to find her there. It`s so dense in that area that, literally, if you had been 10 feet to the left or right, they may not have seen her.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Search and rescue teams from Wasatch and Utah Counties canvassed the steep, rugged terrain surrounding the falls. It was in an area already searched several times that the sad discovery was made. Camille`s family gathered and watched as rescuers removed her body from the mountainside, comforting each other and grieving. There is sorrow but also relief. Now it will be up to investigators to determine how Camille might have fallen.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have been able to confirm from clothing articles and items that this is indeed Ms. Cleverley. We`ve turned this into an investigation, but we can confirm that she did die upon the mountain at this time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/10/ng.01.html

Where would a body be put for 27 days, that would not decompose to the point that it would be almost impossible to remove? Seems the body would be covered with migets, bugs, worms, etc. if it was buried in a swallow grave until it was moved back to the car to be taken with the McCanns when they went travelling around. How would you hide a body without all these horrible things happening to it? And the smell would be horrifying. I can not buy that they buried her somewhere in the areas surrounding where they were-in the hot sun.

Seems to me if the body was around after 27 days it would have had to be kept on ice to slow down the decomposing process-then hidden where the spare tire was normally kept in the trunk to move to another location. Could be this was the whole reason for the trip-to remove the body and bury it in a more suitable place while on their trip.

How cold are the caves surrounding where they were staying and how easy is it to get an ice chest at the resort? Could the body have been put in a ice chest in the trunk of the car and somehow bodily fluids linked into the car while on the trip?

Do we know who else rented the same car? Could one of the Tapas 9 have rented it around the time that Madeleine disappeared?

Gerry's blog is maddening, curious, frustrating and confusing all at the same time....what's betting he/they are working on a book? Might have to look for it on the fiction shelf, but I bet there's one in the works....

Hoping there's justice for Madeleine

Do we know who else rented the same car? Could one of the Tapas 9 have rented it around the time that Madeleine disappeared?

Gerry's blog is maddening, curious, frustrating and confusing all at the same time....what's betting he/they are working on a book? Might have to look for it on the fiction shelf, but I bet there's one in the works....

Hoping there's justice for Madeleine

Reportedly one of the other Tapas 9 did have the car at the time Maddie disappeared. That's what makes it so damning.

WindChime:
I also heard on NG last night that the McCann's can't or won't account for a hour time period if I'm not mistaken.

Oh wow I wonder what frame of time was for that hour.:confused:

Reportedly one of the other Tapas 9 did have the car at the time Maddie disappeared. That's what makes it so damning.

Right, and apparently they wanted to keep it within the group for some reason, since the McCanns rented the exact same car directly after Russell O'Brien did.

Right, and apparently they wanted to keep it within the group for some reason, since the McCanns rented the exact same car directly after Russell O'Brien did.

Can you give a link to this ?

I read a lot on this case and have seen nothing that confirms that the car the Mcaans hired was the exact one that the O briens had and they actually asked for the same car ?

Can you give a link to this ?

I read a lot on this case and have seen nothing that confirms that the car the Mcaans hired was the exact one that the O briens had and they actually asked for the same car ?

I cannot but I feel certain that Colomom or CaliKid or someone who is a news researcher CAN....

I can't...I heard this too...I very much want to follow-up on this line. It seems to me that if this is the case, that the body may have been in the trunk the night she dissapeared rather than 25 days later, as is being reported.

I think this is VITAL information. If anyone knows where this report about Russell O'Brien having rented the car and having it on rent when Maddie went missing....please point us to the source of this information.

Until I hear/see a statement from LE, this is still too much to grasp. Too many rumors and speculation. Guilty or not, the media has certainly crucified them already.

Depends on what media you tune into. Greta Van Susteren on Fox News in the US was very disturbed at the accusation on the parents. She was clearly pro McCanns as was her panel.

snip......

Now I've pieced together a whole theory based on all of yours. :( What horrible thoughts I am having about what happened to poor Maddie. We've been duped, and so has the Pope :banghead:

MG

It's not his job to condemn, but to forgive.

I can't...I heard this too...I very much want to follow-up on this line. It seems to me that if this is the case, that the body may have been in the trunk the night she dissapeared rather than 25 days later, as is being reported.

I think this is VITAL information. If anyone knows where this report about Russell O'Brien having rented the car and having it on rent when Maddie went missing....please point us to the source of this information.

I discussed this on another thread - it has been reported that Maddie was last seen alive by the rest of the group at about 7 is after they ate and played together

If Maddie was put in the car that night then the time frame to murder - prepare and then dispose of the body safely is only about 45 minutes - granted it takes seconds to murder - I just cant see how the body could have been hidden so well in the time frame before teh Mcaans arrived at the tapas bar - unless the whole group in implicated ( which I highly doubt )

I discussed this on another thread - it has been reported that Maddie was last seen alive by the rest of the group at about 7 is after they ate and played together

If Maddie was put in the car that night then the time frame to murder - prepare and then dispose of the body safely is only about 45 minutes - granted it takes seconds to murder - I just cant see how the body could have been hidden so well in the time frame before teh Mcaans arrived at the tapas bar - unless the whole group in implicated ( which I highly doubt )

Hi Gord,

I just responded to that post on the other thread. I expressed my belief that the article you reference for the 7PM time of last sighting is full of discrepancies and is very biased. I could pick it apart for DAYS...

I do not believe the 7PM last time of sighting...

I do not believe that the last time Maddie was seen alive has been proven or stated as fact anywhere. This is still a big question in this case.

Also, I have posted numerous times about the scenario of the hours leading up to Kate's declaration of Maddie's abduction and I have offered plenty of information that works with a very small window of time allowing for her to be hidden in a very short period of time.

Please search posts under my username and read about the area around the resort and the possible methods of a quick disposal.

Depends on what media you tune into. Greta Van Susteren on Fox News in the US was very disturbed at the accusation on the parents. She was clearly pro McCanns as was her panel.
Thank you. I was basing my statements on what I was reading here.

Please search posts under my username and read about the area around the resort and the possible methods of a quick disposal.

LOL, Heather that could take forever with all the info you alone have posted:D

My question exactly, unless where she was being kept was a temporary location such as a room or car or similar location.

If she was kept in the refridgerator (in the room) and later stashed in the trunk of the car, deposited over a cliff, then later on May 28th, they left the car at the airport and flew to Italy, to see the Pope, then home.
(Remember, the mother said herself that she was exposed to 6 dead bodies before the vacation, IMHO, would be de-sensitized to a cadaver, even her own daugther to save her own skin).

I suppose they didn't think the Portuguese police would figure it out. They thought the lies would gel.

Clearly they were very wrong. Justice will be for Maddy!!

NANCY GRACE

Portuguese Police Turn McCann Case Over to Prosecutor for Action

Aired September 10, 2007 - 20:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight. A beautiful 3-year-old (SIC) little girl, baby Maddie, reportedly snatched during a luxury resort vacation, her parents party at dinner just 100 yards away at the time. Tonight, police naming Maddie`s own mom and dad prime suspects. Police announce they`re set to turn evidence over to prosecutors, reportedly police seeking charges of homicide and concealing the baby`s body.
As we go to air, stunning reports. Baby Maddie`s DNA, possibly blood, found under the carpet of a car trunk, that car rented by Maddie`s family 25 days after she goes missing. Mom and Dad now flee the country, denying any involvement in Maddie`s disappearance. The clock is ticking. Maddie`s parents have just five days to surrender to police, all the while experts continue to comb through evidence from that rental car and the luxury vacation resort where baby Maddie last seen alive.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A stunning development in the case of missing girl Madeleine McCann, a Portuguese television station now reporting a full DNA match to baby Maddie found in the family`s rental car.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her parents home now in the UK, waiting to see if they will, in fact, be charged in her disappearance. Now, we told you last week the McCanns now reportedly suspected of accidentally killing Madeleine and then hiding her body. They have hired a high-profile legal team that specializes in protecting the reputations of people under investigation. Portuguese police are turning the case over to the prosecutor`s office tomorrow.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: And Tonight, after 11 full days of intense searching by land, by air, by water, police confirm they have ID`d remains of 22-year-old BYU coed Camille Cleverley, found Provo Canyon, Utah, Cleverley last seen leaving her apartment on a silver and purple Schwinn. At this hour, autopsy under way to determine how that BYU senior ended up 200 feet below her bike trail at the foot of a cliff.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Investigators say her body was at the base of these cliffs. It is believed she fell some 200 feet into a forested area.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She was about a thousand yards from the falls. They walked right up on her and were able to find her there. It`s so dense in that area that, literally, if you had been 10 feet to the left or right, they may not have seen her.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Search and rescue teams from Wasatch and Utah Counties canvassed the steep, rugged terrain surrounding the falls. It was in an area already searched several times that the sad discovery was made. Camille`s family gathered and watched as rescuers removed her body from the mountainside, comforting each other and grieving. There is sorrow but also relief. Now it will be up to investigators to determine how Camille might have fallen.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have been able to confirm from clothing articles and items that this is indeed Ms. Cleverley. We`ve turned this into an investigation, but we can confirm that she did die upon the mountain at this time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/10/ng.01.html

Thank you, MG , for the manuscript. I watched this last night. I loved Nancy's theories. I also watched Greta on Fox, and felt like she was smiling the whole time.

On Larry King, Elizabeth Smart's father defended the McCann's and claimed they were "good friends", and the interview seemed to move more in the direction of politics and downplaying the Portuguese Police findings rather than focusing on the truth of what happened to Maddy.

NG is spot on as ALWAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member