Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard if Geraldo will be covering this tonight? I wish Judge Jeanine was on instead.

I wonder if she hopes this will somehow work in her favor in some weird twisted way. Like, ok, I was drunk, but that was my only wrongdoing and I am coming clean about it someone I drank with took Lisa? I am just flummoxed she would admit this.

That's exactly what I think the motivation is behind telling this now. Someone she drank with or anyone really since the door was left unlocked + she was out cold, or so I'm going to assume since she is claiming to be drunk, that's usually what follows in my limited experience. moo

Can someone who tweets please tweet Peter Alexander and ask him if that was a direct quote from DB? Because if it wasn't, that is just unethical journalism.......which has been rampant from the start with this case.

I have a feeling that it is a ratings ploy as well...If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to admit it. TIA!

There is a picture on #lisairwin showing DB and JI sitting down with Peter. If someone knows how to bring it over here, please do. I am clueless with that. TIA

PeterAlexander 21 mins 35 secs ago Twitter Just intervu'ed #BabyLisa parents. Mom: I was drunk nite of disappearance. @todayshow

petera.jpg

JMOO I think Peter Alexander thought that this was very important information and that is why it was released vs. ratings for the Today Show. JMOO

I've been keeping fairly quiet because I just end up confusing myself. But I began thinking mom had too much to drink and couldn't remember what happened that night when I heard about the box of wine. And I thought that might be why she flunked the polygraph - out of guilt. But the more I think, the more confused I am.

Some people can do crazy things when they aren't thinking straight - like letting their kids have a beer - or tossing the kids like they are baseballs. Common sense flies out the window. That leads to a whole group of possibilities - wine in a baby bottle; adult cold medicine instead of the baby's dimetapp; passing out with the baby and smothering her.... there are endless possibilities. Until today, I was hoping Lisa was alive, but I doubt it now. And I think her brother is aware of this and, most likely, so is her husband.

The cell phone - did she wake up at 2:30 and realize something had happened? Did she call her husband/brother/friend for help? Dad passed the poly, so it's hard to believe he knew something or helped cover up a crime.

Now I'm confusing myself again! Will someone smarter than me please put this together so it makes sense?! ;)

Hummm... JI mentioned that someone who did this could have been a person cheating on their husband (not sure of exact wording) ...

Perhaps mom was drinking with a male freind who stole her baby after she passed out from being drunk?

Remember Moms own words... "we"..."I" woke up....who is "we"??? Now that her being drunk came into the spotlight, along with JI mentioning "cheating" ...... hummm....

But but do men who have affairs steal their mistresses baby? IDK far fetched to me.

imo

"What a wicked web we weave...yada, yada, yada. If it was an accident, and she freaked she would have been better off to come out with it minute one. She would have garnered more sympathy from a jury. JMOO

The first case I ever came to WS's on was Mary Winkler, the pastors wife who shot him. She garnered so much sympathy she finally walked free.

Yeah... I'm sorry but this... well if she admitted this to LE early on than I think it may explain more of why they're focused this direction. Sick child, and two others at home- and she was drunk. By herself? If so, than that's not the way to care for children. Others in the house? Well, then LE may have details none of us knew. Or what if she wasn't home? still going back to the potential text that was received (just a rumor I know but still)... JMO

I'm starting to think she got rid of the child, for financial reasons.

The other two kids, being military dependants, bring in income.
Lisa did not. They actually had to pay for Lisa's healthcare, there was no extra payment from the military for her.

Money seems to be an issue with her; a divorce doesn't cost hardly anything, if it's uncontested. There's a certain level of immorality in DB's entire life. I don't see her being more upstanding in the care of her child(ren).

AND....if she was enthralled by other cases, she may have seen some parents as "heroes", and thought she could attain that status. Maybe speak out (like John Walsh), or be seen as a victim (getting donations, etc).

There will be an arrest before the Today Show. JMOO

I'm sitting with you, I bet there will be an arrest tonight. Admitting she was drunk, if she in fact admitted that, is enough for child endangerment charges.

imo

I soooo don't want to ask this question, but do we know if Deborah was nursing little Lisa? If Mom was accustomed to drinking regularly, or even an occasional binge, how might this have affected the baby?

I don't know if little Lisa was breast or bottle, but...

Studies show that alcohol can affect babies' eating and sleeping. During the four hours after a breastfeeding mother consumes an alcoholic beverage – such as 4 ounces of wine, one mixed drink, or one can of beer – babies who nurse consume about 23 percent less milk. And while breastfed babies may become drowsy and fall asleep more quickly after their mother drinks alcohol, they also sleep for a shorter amount of time.
Alcohol in breast milk may also hinder babies' development. In a landmark study of 400 infants published in The New England Journal of Medicine in 1989, gross motor development at 1 year of age lagged in breastfeeding babies whose mothers drank at least one drink daily during the infant's first three months of life. (The results of this study have not been duplicated, however.)

http://www.babycenter.com/0_alcohol-and-nursing-moms_3547.bc

So the neighbor leaves at 10:30 and that's when Debbie say she changed the baby's diaper for the last time.

How drunk was Debbie? 0.8 legally impaired for driving drunk, or stumbling down trying to change a diaper drunk?

I can't see her calling anyone to assist her. Who in the world could she call to do that? If she disposed of Lisa's body, I think she did it alone. Drunk.

Still on the wobbly fence. I want to see the interview to put it in perspective.

Which brings up another question. The neighbor was supposedly her friend, and a mother herself. Would she have just left those kids alone with Debrah IF she was falling down drunk at the time?

It kind of makes me wonder if the neighbor might have taken the baby out of the crib for her own safety that night. Then what?

It sounds like something a friend might do to protect a baby.

I've been keeping fairly quiet because I just end up confusing myself. But I began thinking mom had too much to drink and couldn't remember what happened that night when I heard about the box of wine. And I thought that might be why she flunked the polygraph - out of guilt. But the more I think, the more confused I am.

Some people can do crazy things when they aren't thinking straight - like letting their kids have a beer - or tossing the kids like they are baseballs. Common sense flies out the window. That leads to a whole group of possibilities - wine in a baby bottle; adult cold medicine instead of the baby's dimetapp; passing out with the baby and smothering her.... there are endless possibilities. Until today, I was hoping Lisa was alive, but I doubt it now. And I think her brother is aware of this and, most likely, so is her husband.

The cell phone - did she wake up at 2:30 and realize something had happened? Did she call her husband/brother/friend for help? Dad passed the poly, so it's hard to believe he knew something or helped cover up a crime.

Now I'm confusing myself again! Will someone smarter than me please put this together so it makes sense?! ;)
You make perfect sense. That indeed forms a possible scenario.

Did the dad take a poly?

dad didn't pass a poly. we don't even know if he took one. he says LE told him he didn't need to take one - but that's him telling us. LE has refused comment on any poly or who has taken them.

Is there an NBC report? I've searched high and low and I only see the tweet by Alexander - and it's not even a quote. The thread title is a bit deceiving.

The life of a mod is not an easy task. Another poster asked me to change it so I did. :okay:

I'll change it again but THAT'S IT!

:giggle:

I bet i know why peter tweeted it.

Dan is on ABC in morning with his interview. He leaked that so public would watch his interview on NBC in morning. HAHAHA! moo

Ratings war.

BBM

Dad never took a poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members