Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something that is bugging me.

Why hasn't mom or dad given any info about Lisa during these interviews.

One of the interviewers (I think Peter A) asked Deborah what she would like to say to the kidnapper and the answer was (paraphrased) Bring her home....she needs us....we need her.

Why hasn't she said things like, (example) Lisa's favorite baby food is tutti fruiti. She needs a bottle x times per day. She likes rice cereal. She wears x size diapers, etc. The kidnapper needs to know such things in order for Lisa to be comfortable and healthy, IMO.

The lack of facts given publically to the kidnapper to ensure the baby is well and thriving just bugs me.

I think i am teetering off that fence.

MOO

wm

I put some pillows on the ground to ensure a soft landing, WM! I've never been on that fence (at all), but I know it isn't comfortable!

I fully agree with you. If the child knows anything, they can get that info in one interview. Re-interviewing child witnesses again and again is not good practice, either from a forensic perspective, or a child psychology perspective.

But, look at the Elizabeth Smart case where months later, the little sister all of a sudden remembers Emmanuel. Little sister was interviewed before by LE because she was sleeping with Elizabeth. She couldn't recall this information until months later when something happened to make her remember.

When LE interviews children they don't scream at them and bang their fists on tables...FGSake...they have experts who talk to the children and know what and how to ask. Your child is missing. Your other child might remember something either now or in a week! I would have no problem letting them interview my other children UNLESS I had something to hide.

Thanks for the info on DB's mother. Does anyone know her cause of death? She was only 36 yrs. old, so very young. I wonder if she was sober when she passed away, I see that she was in AA. That had to be hard on her children. I guess it can can both ways, either they drink like their mother or the never touch the stuff. Does her brother drink?

10/17/2011 Dan Abrams GMA Interview
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-baby-lisas-parents-microscope-14752251
Abrams: …”I started by asking Deborah how she learned she’d apparently failed a lie detector test.”
Deborah: “He said, you failed. And I said, failed what? What question did I fail? And he said, you failed the one where you know where your daughter’s at. And I said, that’s not possible. I don’t know where she’s at. And I just proceeded to come unglued. That’s not possible, freakin out, tellin them no, and he looked in my face and he said, I met bad mothers like you. And proceeded to say, probably, something along the lines of, I need to tell the truth or…It’s hard to hear that, but, if it means I have to go through all this to get her back, I don’t care.
Abrams: “Would you take another lie detector test?”
Deborah: “Yeah. Why not?”
Abrams: “Do you think it’s possible that they’re going to arrest you?”
Deborah: “I don’t know. They’d be wrong.
Abrams: “A lot of people have been asking whether you were drinking, a lot, that night and whether that might explain something here?”
Deborah: “Doesn’t explain anything, because I had nothing to do with anything.
Abrams: “Were you drinking a lot that night?”
Deborah: “I was drinking, but it has nothing to do with my daughter’s disappearance.”
Abrams: “You said that what you have been told has been lies. What do you mean by that?”
Deborah: “During interrogation, they found this. They showed me burnt clothes. They showed me a f, Doppler thing with pings from a, that my cell phones, and I’m, I’m led to believe at this point, that none of that was real. I hope the burnt clothes weren’t real.
Abrams: “So, as time passes, and you feel like you’re cooperating and communicating with them, you’re getting, what, fed up with the fact that they’re continuing to…”
Deborah: “Yeah.”
Abrams: “…focus on you?”
Deborah: “Because I know I have absolutely nothing to do with my daughter’s disappearance. You know, and I still understand it, they’re doing their job, but they’re not, it’s not personal, but it, it doesn’t make me feel any better about it.
Abrams: “In your most private moments, have you for a second, ever thought, maybe there was an accident? Maybe something happened?”
Jeremy: “No.”
Abrams: “Maybe she tried to cover it up afterwards?”
Jeremy :”No. There, I mean, there, the first time I even thought that was when the, the people, or the, uh, police had started asking us about it, and, uh, it’s just, uh, it’s not possible.
Abrams: “How did you realize that Lisa was gone?”
Jeremy: “I, I had come home, and, uh, Deborah had woke, woken up when I got there, and uh, and we talked for a couple minutes, and then, uh, I asked her, you know, what’s going on. And she said what do you mean? And that’s when I told her, you know, the lights, the door, the window, and uh, she kinda jumped up outta bed, like something was wrong, and that was when I, I kinda realized that something might be wrong.
Abrams: “So when you first came home, you didn’t immediately realize that Lisa was gone?”
Jeremy: “No.”
Abrams: “Has this put a strain on your relationship as a couple?”
Jeremy: “It’s actually kinda done the opposite. We, um, we’ve spent a l, you know, every waking moment together since this happened. Um, it’s act, it’s actually made us a lot closer.”
Abrams: “Are you hopeful that Liss’s going to be found?”
Deborah: “Oh, we’re gonna find her. I have no doubt in my mind, we’re gonna find her.”
Abrams: “How are you so certain?”
Deborah: “I just know. Because there’s still a God.”

(It helps me absorb it better to transcribe as I listen. I pick up on the words that people almost said, and things like that. I would also like to point out that despite Jeremy's claim that they are now stronger than ever, in a previous article:
"We need her. We have to have her. She's our link that ties everybody together," Irwin said.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news...l-in-Search-of-Missing-Missouri-Baby_93744685 )

BBM So her boyfriend walks in through an UNLOCKED door at 4 am....and she WAKES UP?????????? IMO That woman never went to sleep! She was so drunk she didn't recall if she left the lights on or locked the door...but JUMPED outta bed like something was wrong....

She's playing her dumb as a stick boyfriend.

I think she should have retained that lawyer BEFORE she gave all of these taped interviews.....

BBM:

At first I thought that the Grand Jury was only about wanting the media videos at this time. Now I think it is a Grand Jury with witnesses to determine if charges will be brought against both parents.

What I would love to see is Deborah go before the Grand Jury first jump out of the chute and tell one of the many variations of her story. Then Have JI tell his version. THEN have the Grand Jury see ALL of the media footage as well as these 'exclusive' interviews. At the end of the Grand Jury fact finding I believe Deborah will be indited. JI just might be indited as well.

These two could not keep their stories straight at gunpoint. There are probably even more versions we haven't heard yet!

I just cannot begin to express how disgusted I am. Neither parent even said 'Baby Lisa' today that I heard. It is all about themselves, isn't it?

MOO's

:furious:

BBM. It's all about them, and IMO that's an indication that DB is guilty. Her top priority is not describing her daughter or talking about her daughter, it's about defending her own actions the night of the disappearance. I personally don't think JI is involved... I think he's in blanket denial that DB is responsible.

It makes no sense to me that she says she didn't ask her boys about the noises they allegedly heard. She says she doesn't know if it was before or after they went to bed.

I can't see how you could keep from asking them. Maybe they can help to identify the abductor and find Lisa, or get justice for their sister. Surely that would be worth putting them through a few friendly questions, with a therapist present if necessary.

Doesn't make sense to me either. Remember Elizabeth Smart's little sister took a while to remember who it was that took Elizabeth.

First time posting, but I've been addicted to this case since the first interview I saw with DB and JI with our local news. I'm continually hopping on and off the fence. I so want to give the parents the benefit of the doubt, but it's been hard.

Just to throw out a little perspective regarding the kids getting interviewed: my family went through a similar scenario - my older sister was abducted from in front of our house. I heard a scream, dog barking, and a car drive away and looked out my window but didn't see anything and thought that it was a girl outside playing with their dog (I was in elementary school, this made sense to me). Granted, asking me questions wouldn't have helped much other then to give an exact time of her disappearance and to let them know she wasn't a runaway, but I was never asked any questions by LE. I don't know if they assumed I didn't know anything or if my parents refused to let them interview me. As far as I know, my parents still don't know what I heard that day.

That said, I think these kids should be interviewed. As a sibling of someone who was taken I would have liked to have known that I did everything in my power to help my sister.

IMO, these children should be taken to the police station and they will get a guardian to protect them as well, but they should be taken and questioned. None of us like to see our children hurt or upset, but think about this for one minute please, if your child saw something lets just say at a neighbors house, and the police wanted to question them, would you hold them back from that? If they were a potential witness would you stop them from catching lets say a kidnapper or a baby killer? If you look at it from that point of view, you would let your kids be questioned I believe, I know I would (IE, they had a description of a vehicle or a person that pulled another child off the street etc.). BUT if we were guilty of something, then thats a different story, you dont want those kids questioned. They might have the smallest clue that opens a HUGE door. I dont think they are going to be able to stop LE from questioning them at this point. Those kids will be court ordered to answer questions. As they should. (please note, I have nothing against those kids, they are innocent and my heart breaks for them but the law is the law and they can be questioned and its the only way we, well the police are going to get some answers). Sometimes to do the right thing, we have to do something that places another in an unfortunate circumstance. This is a necessary evil in my book.

Maybe I have missed something so correct me if I am wrong, but I thought she said she didn't want the media interviewing them, not the police. I would think that interviewing everyone in the house would be the first thing done in a case like this. Likewise the neighbor, brother, and anyone else that may have first hand information about that day and night. jmo

Here's something that is bugging me.

Why hasn't mom or dad given any info about Lisa during these interviews.

One of the interviewers (I think Peter A) asked Deborah what she would like to say to the kidnapper and the answer was (paraphrased) Bring her home....she needs us....we need her.

Why hasn't she said things like, (example) Lisa's favorite baby food is tutti fruiti. She needs a bottle x times per day. She likes rice cereal. She wears x size diapers, etc. The kidnapper needs to know such things in order for Lisa to be comfortable and healthy, IMO.

The lack of facts given publically to the kidnapper to ensure the baby is well and thriving just bugs me.

I think i am teetering off that fence.

MOO

wm

Just saw something this weekend about experts saying not to give any personal info out about kidnapped children right away. Think it was The Today Show.

There are actually three interviews this morning, Em-- the Today show, Good Morning America, and Fox. I think she admitted to being drunk on the Today interview. hth

btw :seeya:

Thanks Quiche... I haven't watched the Today Show interview yet, just the GMA interview..

First time posting, but I've been addicted to this case since the first interview I saw with DB and JI with our local news. I'm continually hopping on and off the fence. I so want to give the parents the benefit of the doubt, but it's been hard.

Just to throw out a little perspective regarding the kids getting interviewed: my family went through a similar scenario - my older sister was abducted from in front of our house. I heard a scream, dog barking, and a car drive away and looked out my window but didn't see anything and thought that it was a girl outside playing with their dog (I was in elementary school, this made sense to me). Granted, asking me questions wouldn't have helped much other then to give an exact time of her disappearance and to let them know she wasn't a runaway, but I was never asked any questions by LE. I don't know if they assumed I didn't know anything or if my parents refused to let them interview me. As far as I know, my parents still don't know what I heard that day.

That said, I think these kids should be interviewed. As a sibling of someone who was taken I would have liked to have known that I did everything in my power to help my sister.

Was your sister recovered. Feel free not to answer that if it is a too personal question. tia

Here are my thoughts. The mom should be charged with negligence and the older boys should be taken away immediately. I don't know if that has happened yet or not.

The mother is guilty of something. I don't know what yet.

Who is the neighbor? How long was the neighbor there?

Yes, the boys should be interviewed profusely. What time did those boys go to sleep? Who would know? What did they hear?

Lisa is alive somewhere. I still think she was either sold or kidnapped and sold.

Thanks Quiche... I haven't watched the Today Show interview yet, just the GMA interview..

Here's a link to that link if you want to see it!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7240851&postcount=48"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Media links~NO DISCUSSION PLEASE[/ame]

Thanks for the info on DB's mother. Does anyone know her cause of death? She was only 36 yrs. old, so very young. I wonder if she was sober when she passed away, I see that she was in AA. That had to be hard on her children. I guess it can can both ways, either they drink like their mother or the never touch the stuff. Does her brother drink?

IIRC we have been warned before (much earlier in this case) about even going there in regards to the mother and brother. If things have changed I apoligize.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your perspective.

But, look at the Elizabeth Smart case where months later, the little sister all of a sudden remembers Emmanuel. Little sister was interviewed before by LE because she was sleeping with Elizabeth. She couldn't recall this information until months later when something happened to make her remember.

When LE interviews children they don't scream at them and bang their fists on tables...FGSake...they have experts who talk to the children and know what and how to ask. Your child is missing. Your other child might remember something either now or in a week! I would have no problem letting them interview my other children UNLESS I had something to hide.
I'd relay that information to LE, or his child psychologist could.

LE still wouldn't need to interview my child more than once. Just because it's not LE personally extracting the information, it doesn't mean they wouldn't get it; they just wouldn't have personal access to my 5 year old.

I'm fortunate enough to not give a toss how that would make me look to Joe and Jane Public, or even LE.

Where was this "revelation" a week ago???

Now, a day before a GJ convenes, she admits this. I am so sick on sitting on this fence my butt is numb. I am trying so hard not to be swayed by the media coverage, gossip, and rumours, but OMG - THIS???

I would have admitted this to LE at 4:15 am the morning they realized she was gone from her crib. Wouldn't LE be able to smell alchohol on her breath still at 4:00am? I have met drinkers who exude alcohol from their pores the next morning!

IF, and that is a really big if, her parents are telling the truth then this should be a case study in what NOT to do if your baby is abducted.

At the very least she should be held accountable for neglect or endangering a minor. What if baby Lisa's cold/couch got worse and she needed to go to the ER - mom was "drunk"! Not to mention IF true - your baby was abducted from under your nose cause you were sleeping off your drinks! WTF?

I can see needing some "me time" or "adult time" but the reality of raising children propoerly is that YOU MAY NOT GET YOUR ADULT TIME - not today or maybe even for a few days - DEAL WITH IT! Hire a babysitter, take them to Grandparents house - don't get plastered while your sick infant and young brothers under your care.

Like I said - why NOW? I am sliding off the fence...

Like I said: 1 or two glasses of wine is plenty for "adult time" - adult coversation, a little relaxation - anything more is "getting plastered time".

Getting drunk is not adult time. That's not what adults do when in charge of small children. That's a rationalization of risky behaviour.

Yes, it can go both ways. My entire family, both my parents and both my brothers were alcoholics. They are all deceased. I'm the only one surviving and I don't touch the stuff.

Here are my thoughts. The mom should be charged with negligence and the older boys should be taken away immediately. I don't know if that has happened yet or not.

The mother is guilty of something. I don't know what yet.

Who is the neighbor? How long was the neighbor there?

Yes, the boys should be interviewed profusely. What time did those boys go to sleep? Who would know? What did they hear?

Lisa is alive somewhere. I still think she was either sold or kidnapped and sold.

BBM

I so hope you are right....I just don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member