Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Cami - are you saying they never tested either of those prints? I thought they had tested these and they were "inconclusive". I also thought they had tested Darin's jeans.

No, I'm not saying that, they want to update testing...like finding someone's finger oil (dna) in the blood. The print on the sofa table is unidentifiable. It doesn't have enough points to compare it for identification, they can only exclude.

Yes, Darin's pants were tested, they want to subject them to further testing, like the pubic hair.

Pubic hair inside that house could have come from any one of the family members, or family members that visited, or other friends that visited. I say go ahead and test away at all of these things. When there's nothing left to test and the same results are achieved, nothing new, then it's time to move along and Darlie needs to receive her date.

sI agree. If there are any new tests that can be done on any of the evidence, it should be done. No one sould be executed until every test that can be done has been conducted.

sI agree. If there are any new tests that can be done on any of the evidence, it should be done. No one sould be executed until every test that can be done has been conducted.

I completely agree.

Now that you said that I remember them wanting to test a pubic hair that was never tested. I can't think of anything else. I thought that they wanted to retest the so called "unidentified" fingerprint from the utility door and the glass coffee table.

Wendy this is from the motion back in 2006. Here is what they want tested.

"In fact, as I understand this motion her counsel wants dna testing done on:

blood, saliva and limb hair found on the sock
an unidentified facial hair
the pubic hair found in the kitchen
all the blood on her nightshirt
all the blood on the murder weapon
the partial rape kit
the bloody fingerprint on the sofa table !!!! The utility room door is not mentioned!"

We had a thread on this last year when she received the stay so I dug back and found it. So, I was wrong about Darin's jeans. Huh all the blood on the murder weapon...be careful what you wish for Darlie..they might find Devon's blood then your story of two murder weapons bites the dust.

Wendy this is from the motion back in 2006. Here is what they want tested.

"In fact, as I understand this motion her counsel wants dna testing done on:

blood, saliva and limb hair found on the sock
an unidentified facial hair
the pubic hair found in the kitchen
all the blood on her nightshirt
all the blood on the murder weapon
the partial rape kit
the bloody fingerprint on the sofa table !!!! The utility room door is not mentioned!"

We had a thread on this last year when she received the stay so I dug back and found it. So, I was wrong about Darin's jeans. Huh all the blood on the murder weapon...be careful what you wish for Darlie..they might find Devon's blood then your story of two murder weapons bites the dust.

Hey Cami thanks!! :) The pubic hair was found in the kitchen uh? Wasn't Darlie found to be without her panties on. So therefore IMO, it would make sense that this hair would be hers. All of the blood on the shirt, I would love to have all it tested. I am willing to bet money on it belonging to all three just as the murder weapon does. I thought they tested the sock and found the salvia belonged to Darlie and the hair was some type of animal hair.

I agree with Jeana and have said it before, test it all. All she is doing is delaying her death sentence which isn't fair to the boys imo.. She will be proven guilty AGAIN. And then hopefully justice will be served soon.

:liar:

This makes me so angry. What if the blood was from a neighbor kid while playing. This DNA evidence proves nothing.

I just saw this too:

Court grants Routier limited DNA testing
[SIZE=-1]Houston Chronicle - United States
2008 AP AUSTIN — Darlie Routier, the Rowlett mother sent to death row after the 1996 stabbing deaths of her two young sons, has been granted a chance to ...
See all stories on this topic [/SIZE]
Court grants Routier limited DNA testing in Rowlett killing
[SIZE=-1]KVUE - Austin,TX,USA
The Texas Court of Criminal appeals ruled in the case of Darlie Routier. She's denied being responsible for the stabbing deaths of her five- and ...
See all stories on this topic [/SIZE]

Its a good thing!!!! If she's innocent, she deserves it and if she's guilty, this will finally put an end to all that b.s.

I must say this is one case that I'm undecided on. I think because I couldn't imagine doing that to my ds.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. I believed in Darlie's innocence for a very long time but have recently questioned it a bit in the past couple of years. I'm curious to hear the results of the testing.

An appeals court Wednesday cleared the way for DNA testing in the case of a Rowlett woman on death row for the 1996 killing of her son.

The Texas Court of Criminal appeals ruled in the case of Darlie Routier.

She's denied being responsible for the stabbing deaths of her five- and six-year-old sons in the family's Dallas-area home.

Routier has maintained an intruder killed the boys and left her wounded.

The appeals court in Austin ruled that Routier should be allowed to have DNA testing done on blood stains, flakes of dried blood and hairs found at the crime scene.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/061908dnmetroutier.15d19eb3.html?npc

much better link
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5844667.html
Blood stains on her night shirt that previous tests showed to be soaked in blood from her and the boys. She claims newer techniques may find another source of blood.

_A blood stain on a tube sock found in an alley. The sock contained blood from both boys and a third blood stain that did not yield a result. The court agreed that newer techniques might yield a DNA result.

_Pubic and facial hairs. The pubic hair yielded no result before trial and facial hair was found to be from someone other than Routier or her husband. She maintains the facial hair is from the alleged intruder and hopes to connect it to the other samples she wants retested.

_Dried flakes on a utility room door. Although the flakes were previously tested and found not to include human DNA, Routier alleges they are dried blood that should be re-examined

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jgouth
Back