Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would give her a new trial, I thought her lawyer's strategy was terrible and very sloppy, I also don't think the silly string should have been admitted at trial and was troubled the jury seemed to give it so much weight.

That said, I can't see an intruder. There isn't any evidence of an intruder and there is a lot of evidence that it was an inside job. I also was never able to get beyond the basic illogic of Darlie's explanation. Even the most drugged up, low IQ, inexperienced burgler is going to know to restrain/kill the adult before brutally attacking two sleeping very young children. It makes no sense on its face. It also seems very unlikely that an 'intruder' who is capable of brutally murdering sleeping children would show up without his or her own weapon. Adding in all the rest of the evidence against her, I can't see her as anything but guilty.

I would give her a one way ticket straight to hell:)

I would give her a new trial, I thought her lawyer's strategy was terrible and very sloppy, I also don't think the silly string should have been admitted at trial and was troubled the jury seemed to give it so much weight.

That said, I can't see an intruder. There isn't any evidence of an intruder and there is a lot of evidence that it was an inside job. I also was never able to get beyond the basic illogic of Darlie's explanation. Even the most drugged up, low IQ, inexperienced burgler is going to know to restrain/kill the adult before brutally attacking two sleeping very young children. It makes no sense on its face. It also seems very unlikely that an 'intruder' who is capable of brutally murdering sleeping children would show up without his or her own weapon. Adding in all the rest of the evidence against her, I can't see her as anything but guilty.

Oh, but the 'intruder' had some kind of weapon. How does one explain the cut screen to get into the garage? I can't get past that. Why would one have something to cut the screen yet use a kitchen knife to butcher the kids. Isn't if convient that the 'intruder' dropped the kitchen knife with the risk of fingerprints or any other evidence but carefully tucked away the weapon used to cut the screen. Of course, I do know that one of the kitchen knives was tested and shown to have screen fibers on it. Even if the Darlie supporters want to refute that finding, I still find it difficult to believe that the 'intruder' used one weapon to get in and luckily found a better weapon to do the killings.

dwb

Oh, but the 'intruder' had some kind of weapon. How does one explain the cut screen to get into the garage? I can't get past that. Why would one have something to cut the screen yet use a kitchen knife to butcher the kids. Isn't if convient that the 'intruder' dropped the kitchen knife with the risk of fingerprints or any other evidence but carefully tucked away the weapon used to cut the screen. Of course, I do know that one of the kitchen knives was tested and shown to have screen fibers on it. Even if the Darlie supporters want to refute that finding, I still find it difficult to believe that the 'intruder' used one weapon to get in and luckily found a better weapon to do the killings.

dwb

That was the kicker for me. What are the odds that you're going to have an intruder cut your screen with a knife and randomly, coincidentally find another knife with screen fibers in the home? And as you said, the intruder then gets a different knife from the kitchen to commit the crimes For that matter, as long as you are going to kill the sleeping children first, why not strangle them?

I don't recall, what was the Darlie suporters explanation for the knife w/the screen fibers on it?

That was the kicker for me. What are the odds that you're going to have an intruder cut your screen with a knife and randomly, coincidentally find another knife with screen fibers in the home? And as you said, the intruder then gets a different knife from the kitchen to commit the crimes For that matter, as long as you are going to kill the sleeping children first, why not strangle them?

I don't recall, what was the Darlie suporters explanation for the knife w/the screen fibers on it?

It was contaminated with the fingerprint dust brush is their explanation. So the technician p/u a fibre from the window, dusted his way back through the garage, utility room, kitchen and then deposited the fibre on the bread knife when he dusted it? What a tenacious fibre eh?

But there were two samples of evidence on the knife..there was rubber dust as well. Oh and their other explanation is that the technician was a drunk so he screwed up. Anyway, the bread knife wasn't dusted at the scene I don't think, I would have to re read.

Read Dickie's testimony and his affidavit on the screen.

It was contaminated with the fingerprint dust brush is their explanation. So the technician p/u a fibre from the window, dusted his way back through the garage, utility room, kitchen and then deposited the fibre on the bread knife when he dusted it? What a tenacious fibre eh?

But there were two samples of evidence on the knife..there was rubber dust as well. Oh and their other explanation is that the technician was a drunk so he screwed up. Anyway, the bread knife wasn't dusted at the scene I don't think, I would have to re read.

Read Dickie's testimony and his affidavit on the screen.

Ah yes, of course. No defense lawyer has ever found a crime scene that wasn't fatally bungled, with evidence compromised. The poor dumb coppers always get it wrong, they never get the correct perp. Transference. Makes perfect sense, as long as you are able to suspend common sense.

I didn't follow her trial, but I saw a special on her case where they spent a lot of time on the silly silly string video and it made a pretty good case at least that she did not get a particularly fair trial and that her lawyer was right on the edge of incompetance. So I read up on it a little bit and came to the conclusion that yes, she probably should get a new trial and that yes, she is guilty and would be convicted in a new trial, with or without the silly string video. There simply isn't any evidence for an intruder and there is multiple evidence that it was done by someone inside the house. That leaves mom or dad, nobody else.

I just read that it was proven that the screen WAS cut from the outside. If the intruder had a very small knife to do this with, say a pocket knife, then he would go looking for something bigger in the house to do his dirty work. But, If it was the bread knife used to cut the screen, that would mean to me that Darin cut it to let the intruder 'for hire' know where to enter. My theories only point to other people but Darlie, because I am thinkin she couldn't have done it. When is the DNA testing gonna get here already.

I just read that it was proven that the screen WAS cut from the outside. If the intruder had a very small knife to do this with, say a pocket knife, then he would go looking for something bigger in the house to do his dirty work. But, If it was the bread knife used to cut the screen, that would mean to me that Darin cut it to let the intruder 'for hire' know where to enter. My theories only point to other people but Darlie, because I am thinkin she couldn't have done it. When is the DNA testing gonna get here already.

Where were the Routers going to get money to hire a hit on two children and the wife, weren't they broke?? I would think any hit man is going to charge extra for murdering young children. And why would this intruder for hire not bring a weapon that was sufficient for getting the job done?

I don't think DNA testing is going to do anything for Darlie.

They had money in various forms and such but when the kids AND Darlie were dead then Darin would have almost a million bucks to buy back things he could have sold to hire a person. The intruders choice of weapon was the BIGGEST *advertiser censored* knife he could find because he NEEDED these people dead. If Darin did it then...well. If it was some bum who couldn't afford a big hunting knife, even more plausable. Hope he can afford one now.

They had money in various forms and such but when the kids AND Darlie were dead then Darin would have almost a million bucks to buy back things he could have sold to hire a person. The intruders choice of weapon was the BIGGEST *advertiser censored* knife he could find because he NEEDED these people dead. If Darin did it then...well. If it was some bum who couldn't afford a big hunting knife, even more plausable. Hope he can afford one now.

If darin was getting that much money Darlie WOULD NOT have been left alive.

Why would a hitman choose to use a knife rather than a gun?

I'm not following you. I thought the murder weapon was a kitchen knife from the Router home.

A "hit man" would surely have 1) brought his own knife, 2) brought a hunting type knife that is designed to cut through flesh, not slice tomatoes.

Lastly, the very fact that this "hit man" used a knife found in the home would naturally lead to suspicion falling on whomever was left alive in the house. To me, this is not a plausible scenario of a hit man coming to kill the family, all the victims happening to be downstairs, attacking the kids before the adult and failing to bring your own murder weapon.

I'm not following you. I thought the murder weapon was a kitchen knife from the Router home.

A "hit man" would surely have 1) brought his own knife, 2) brought a hunting type knife that is designed to cut through flesh, not slice tomatoes.

Lastly, the very fact that this "hit man" used a knife found in the home would naturally lead to suspicion falling on whomever was left alive in the house. To me, this is not a plausible scenario of a hit man coming to kill the family, all the victims happening to be downstairs, attacking the kids before the adult and failing to bring your own murder weapon.

Well it is said that the boys may have been murdered with a different weapon, maybe the knife broke the first time, or was too slippery or hard to handle after the first time. It is reported that the cops failed to keep evidence from a knife found in the alley by the sock. Maybe the knife was broken then? They never thought it could have been used if it was broken. there are a lot of ways it could have gone. The children and Darlie had slept downstairs the last few nights, so it wasn't a huge coincidence. Darren knew Darlie would be there for sure anyway. And I am truly sick for thinking about if it were ME who were the killer, BUT if it were, I would have taken the littlest ones first as well, I would rather deal with one (small) adult than two fast little children.

If darin was getting that much money Darlie WOULD NOT have been left alive.

I wasn't about money if it was a hitman. If it was a hitman all he needed was them all to be dead then he gets paid.

Well it is said that the boys may have been murdered with a different weapon, maybe the knife broke the first time, or was too slippery or hard to handle after the first time. It is reported that the cops failed to keep evidence from a knife found in the alley by the sock. Maybe the knife was broken then? They never thought it could have been used if it was broken. there are a lot of ways it could have gone. The children and Darlie had slept downstairs the last few nights, so it wasn't a huge coincidence. Darren knew Darlie would be there for sure anyway. And I am truly sick for thinking about if it were ME who were the killer, BUT if it were, I would have taken the littlest ones first as well, I would rather deal with one (small) adult than two fast little children.
:confused::confused::confused:
and who is reporting that? ---
nevermind------:silenced::silenced:

Hey J2 - There was no knife found by the sock in the alley. A neighbor across the alley from Darlie had used some of his old kitchen steak knives to stake out a garden plot. Since the knives were placed symmetrically and obviously had been there for some time, they were not collected as evidence. The neighbor later disposed of the knives but was able to provide later some of the same type from his set. It was determined that none of those type of knives could have made the deep stabs on the boys.

Hey J2 - There was no knife found by the sock in the alley. A neighbor across the alley from Darlie had used some of his old kitchen steak knives to stake out a garden plot. Since the knives were placed symmetrically and obviously had been there for some time, they were not collected as evidence. The neighbor later disposed of the knives but was able to provide later some of the same type from his set. It was determined that none of those type of knives could have made the deep stabs on the boys.

HELLOOO? There were no knives, but there were.

ANY knife should have been collected as evidence. If Darin OR Darlie knew they were there they could have put ANOTHER one there in order to hide something. Smart vs Ignorant. OK I learned this from watching too much TV.

I said there were no knives found BY THE SOCK in the alley. The neighbor's backyard was across the alley and down two houses from where the sock was found. The knives were stuck blade down in the dirt in a symmetrical pattern to form a square plot. The garden steak knives had nothing to do with any crime at the Routier's. To believe they were in any way involved you'd have to have the impossible scenario of Darin stealing a knife from the neighbors yard, yet dropping the murder weapon in the house, but taking out a sock and a steak knife he found across the alley, running back across the ally and putting the knife back in the same position to form an unbroken square, then running in the opposite direction and dropping a sock on the other side of the alley. Ridiculous.And the knives in the garden were not even visible from the alley - he'd have to have gone into the neighbor's yard in the daylight or tripped over them in the dark. Even more ridiculous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back