Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cami,
Where were you able to find this thread info? I have been searching for days. Is there a reason the old forum is missing that you know of?

Boomster, I received an email stating what Cami posted today. I'm not sure if that's where she got her info, but the Routier support site is sending them out to everyone who has asked for updates.
Not that I am a Routier supporter, but I definitely have questions about some aspects of the crime such as if Darin was involved.

Thanks, Jana as you can see I have looked for a long time but just got the courage to start some posting. I am not very savvy when it comes to the computer. I lived about 2 minutes away from them when it happened and my boys were the same age. I am convinced she did it. I will miss reading other opinions on a daily basis.

From Cyberlaw:
"How could the intruder theory "be put forth" if Darlie climbed the stairs and attempted to stab the little baby right in front of Darin."

Cyberlaw, I never heard of Darlie trying to stab the baby. I originally thought she was guilty, but now I think she might be innocent. I know her wounds were pretty severe, which makes me think intruder. Test the sock and the fingerprints. It would be really sad if she lost her boys and spent 12 years in prison for a crime she didn't do. If she did it then she gets what she deserves.

I'm glad this has been allowed. DNA testing should put the arguments over the so-called unidentified stranger to rest.

I don't believe Darlie did it.

Could I ask is there a section for Darlie like the other people ? I couldnt find it on the front page ?

I'd just like to go through and read the history on here about what all the WS'ers think. Their reasons for and against..

I don't believe Darlie did it.

Could I ask is there a section for Darlie like the other people ? I couldnt find it on the front page ?

I'd just like to go through and read the history on here about what all the WS'ers think. Their reasons for and against..

I do think Darlie is guilty (and I think Darren may have helped). I have read the about the case here on WS, for the life of me (with the help of the search function!!), I can't find it!! I know I read her forum not long ago.

I spent 20 mins looking....but to keep my sanity, I will continue. I know it's here!! :)

Thank you Tippy Toes , I also used the search function and could not find a fullsection

Bummer it says this below when I try and open any of the items.

JaneInOz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Bummer it says this below when I try and open any of the items.

JaneInOz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

ARGH!! Me, too!! I *know* I have read the forum here (both sides). It's so frustrating when you can't find info on search!!

I promise to keep looking and Jane, if you find it, PLEASE post a link!!

I just watched it, very interesting

Tell me why arent the murder weapon and the other place with the bloody fingerprint not allowed to be dna tested ?

Surely if you are allowing a *Few* pieces to be dna tested that those other pieces could be tested too ?

I had relatives who lived in the same neighborhood as the Routier's when this happened. They didn't know the family, but had seen them.

My relatives have always believed that the trial was 'rigged' in favor of the prosecution, that evidence which would exonerate Darlie was deliberately hidden from the jury and even the defense team. I don't have a clue if they're right or wrong, but I do know that when a judge denies dna testing on bloody fingerprints found at a crime scene, ESPECIALLY when the convicted is on DEATH ROW, something aint right.

Every possibility to prove guilt should be explored and determined before ANY convicted person is put to death. Hasn't that judge seen the increasingly long list of people who have been released, sometimes after decades in jail, after wrongfully being convicted?

kgeaux--you are PERFECT for this task!! There are actually 2 Darlie threads (recent) in Up to the Minute. Jane from OZ is reasearching a local crime in Australia.........she also has problems with evidence, I think, and was searching for WS's Darlie Forum and we couldn't find it. Do you know where it is (Trials, Cold Cases?) The search function didn't help!!

THANKS!

The court has said that the only items of evidence that can be re-tested by the defense are items the defense requested testing on in the first trial. And in that case, only if new methods of testing have been developed that would show a deeper analysis than was available in the first tests in 1996.

The court has said that the only items of evidence that can be re-tested by the defense are items the defense requested testing on in the first trial. And in that case, only if new methods of testing have been developed that would show a deeper analysis than was available in the first tests in 1996.

Makes sense.

Dang, my computer at work won't let me watch it. I'll have to wait till I get home. From that one pic though, looks like she's put on weight. (Not that that has anything to do with her case. :))

LOL you are a riot. She does look heavier and wtf is with the beehive?

I had relatives who lived in the same neighborhood as the Routier's when this happened. They didn't know the family, but had seen them.

My relatives have always believed that the trial was 'rigged' in favor of the prosecution, that evidence which would exonerate Darlie was deliberately hidden from the jury and even the defense team. I don't have a clue if they're right or wrong, but I do know that when a judge denies dna testing on bloody fingerprints found at a crime scene, ESPECIALLY when the convicted is on DEATH ROW, something aint right.

Every possibility to prove guilt should be explored and determined before ANY convicted person is put to death. Hasn't that judge seen the increasingly long list of people who have been released, sometimes after decades in jail, after wrongfully being convicted?

ITA with you KG regarding the DNA testing, even though I hers and Darren's stories always seemed hinky to me, I dunno. It's just one of those cases that stick with me, if you KWIM.

kgeaux--you are PERFECT for this task!! There are actually 2 Darlie threads (recent) in Up to the Minute. Jane from OZ is reasearching a local crime in Australia.........she also has problems with evidence, I think, and was searching for WS's Darlie Forum and we couldn't find it. Do you know where it is (Trials, Cold Cases?) The search function didn't help!!

THANKS!

Hey, does anyone know where the Darlie forum went to ???

dwb

I have been jumped on with both feet here for having serious doubts that Darlie killed her sons. But, I do have, I always have had, even living close to Rowlett and hearing all the sentiment against her. For me, the doubt is due to several things but the main ones are: Her own injuries, and Darin's other attempts at felony insurance fraud.

Plus, I think she had inadequate counsel at trial, lawyers who were looking out for Darin's interests over Darlie's. The silly string video is stated as the one thing which swayed the jurors. WHY didn't the defense show the entire tape, where she was very upset and crying on the same video at the boys' graveside?
Yes, it was slanted evidence at the least. Darin's testimony also didn't help Darlie at all. A good defense attorney would have cast doubt upon him as a witness because of their marital problems and the fact that Darlie was leaving him ( or so it is said, we can't know for certain of course).

I believe LE was so focused on Darlie that they didn't look closer for a suspect. I also think there's a good chance that DARIN was the perp, and not Darlie, if anyone inside the household committed the crimes.

I would like to see the results of his polygraph.. I have this strong sense that he either set this up for insurance money and to get rid of his money- draining dependents like so many other men do with a third person . I am not sure if he had help, if he did it all himself or if the crime was perpetrated by a stranger.
All are possible, but to me, Darlie doing this is way out there. She didn't know that she wouldn't sever her carotid or jugular veins and arteries if she did cut her own throat, which I doubt she did. She had bruises all over her arms and this was dismissed. I think it's very significant.

Just because she couldn't remember what happened and gave conflicting accounts, she was judged to be guilty. IMO, this is not significant, and an expert psychiatrist could have explained PTSD related to the crime to a jury. She was pressured HEAVILY to give LE an explanation so she told what she thought happened. It changed not because she committed the crime but because her memories were incomplete due to her own trauma, and possibly due to PTSD related to the attacks.
" I don't remember" and " I can't remember" was just not good enough for LE or the prosecution. I don't think she could remember but was encouraged to tell them SOMETHING, anything, and did so out of naiveté'.
JMHO,
Maria

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy