Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was looking for an update on this today and couldnt seem to find anything. The last info I could find is when the re testing was granted in June 2008. I'm not sure how the process works and was just wondering if any of you guys could maybe help me out please? Thanks xx

I was looking for an update on this today and couldnt seem to find anything. The last info I could find is when the re testing was granted in June 2008. I'm not sure how the process works and was just wondering if any of you guys could maybe help me out please? Thanks xx

None to my knowledge. Here's a link to the contact person at www.fordarlieroutier.org

Ok be very carefull about what you say to the justice for darlie site. I gave them my honest opnion and someone sent me a scary e mail that told me to go back to "websleuths" and play my games.

Ok be very carefull about what you say to the justice for darlie site. I gave them my honest opnion and someone sent me a scary e mail that told me to go back to "websleuths" and play my games.

Holy cats...That's scary as all get out :eek:. "Websleuths and play my games."???
Does that mean they come here to "play" as well?

Holy cats...That's scary as all get out :eek:. "Websleuths and play my games."???

Lots of websites have things set up to tell them where/what web site they linked to the site from, could it be like that how they knew about websleuths?

Do we really care? Darlie's supporters seem to get angered if someone points out evidence that cannot be explained away as a plant, or bungled police work, for framing.

Do we really care? Darlie's supporters seem to get angered if someone points out evidence that cannot be explained away as a plant, or bungled police work, for framing.

No, I don't care. It just shows the character of the source doesn't it?

Thanks for the response guys. I think I will contact them to see if there is any new updates.

Oh Cami! How true is that! Darlie is not testing the evidence that would keep her in jail! :behindbar

She is only testing evidence in hopes to create some sort of reasonable doubt. That ship has sailed.

all physical evidence in the lobato case implicated two or more males......not a 100 pound woman, in a brutal beating/stabbing/mutliation of a rapist.......the jury didn seem to care i guess

Not sure if this has been reported (and I am bit behind the times) but it doesn't sound like the testing has been done yet ( the document is dated October 09). There is an issue as to which Lab will do the re testing. The court have ordered it to be done at one Lab and the defense are arguing this and asking it to be done at another due to contamination issues.... see link from darlies website.....

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/Affidavits/09100501.pdf

I have followed this case since it happened and always wanted to find a way to believe that she was innocent...but have not been able to convince myself, despite many reservations about the Texas police...I do think they decided too quickly and were not about to admit any mistakes on their part but do not think it changes the overall facts of the crimes...
I believe i read someplace recently that soe DNA was tested in 2009 and that it was not anything that could help or hurt her claims? Will see if I can find what I read...

I have followed this case since it happened and always wanted to find a way to believe that she was innocent...but have not been able to convince myself, despite many reservations about the Texas police...I do think they decided too quickly and were not about to admit any mistakes on their part but do not think it changes the overall facts of the crimes...
I believe i read someplace recently that soe DNA was tested in 2009 and that it was not anything that could help or hurt her claims? Will see if I can find what I read...

Hi

I have been on the look out for info on the evidence re test since I first posted this thread, and this is the only new info I have come accross, so if you have a link to any other info that would be great.

i'm not finding what i thought i heard...maybe it was on a updated television show. but apparently a lot of testing was approved in 2008 but still has not been done-not sure why. The judge made a point to say, however, that he wasn't clear how anything would prove her innocence.

I have to think that her husband knows something about these murders; i know everyone behaves differently under stress, but i have never seen the father of two murdered children smiling as much as this man did and does..it is very strange...

i'm not finding what i thought i heard...maybe it was on a updated television show. but apparently a lot of testing was approved in 2008 but still has not been done-not sure why. The judge made a point to say, however, that he wasn't clear how anything would prove her innocence.

I have to think that her husband knows something about these murders; i know everyone behaves differently under stress, but i have never seen the father of two murdered children smiling as much as this man did and does..it is very strange...

I believe the tests have been done and they do nothing to help Darlie. The timing of the latest "save Darlie" video leads me to believe that. They granted testing back in 2008 and the federal government pays for it under the rules of discovery. There should have been answers long before now.

They're both very strange. Darlie smiling and laughing and telling reporter that even though her heart is breaking (sure didn't look it to me) Damon and Devon wouldn't want her to be sad.

I believe the tests have been done and they do nothing to help Darlie. The timing of the latest "save Darlie" video leads me to believe that. They granted testing back in 2008 and the federal government pays for it under the rules of discovery. There should have been answers long before now.

They're both very strange. Darlie smiling and laughing and telling reporter that even though her heart is breaking (sure didn't look it to me) Damon and Devon wouldn't want her to be sad.

i think her people are trying to get donations to do extended dna testing...there is a weird site i came across that seems to be asking for money for this...i wondered why state would not have to pay but i guess the state pays only for what is ruled to be tested, not for tests on items not approved. although not sure why some items would not be allowed. disallowing some items for testing gives some ammunition to the darly supporters...

The only notion I ever had of her sadness is for her SELF, no one else.

I tend to agree that the DNA testing is LONG DONE and the defense did not have anything to report.

Will Texas ever set a date for Darlie? That's when the real waterworks show will begin!

i think her people are trying to get donations to do extended dna testing...there is a weird site i came across that seems to be asking for money for this...i wondered why state would not have to pay but i guess the state pays only for what is ruled to be tested, not for tests on items not approved. although not sure why some items would not be allowed. disallowing some items for testing gives some ammunition to the darly supporters...

Yes, that's true, but they'll cry comtamination anyway if everything was tested and nothing came back to an unsourced human. These tests obviously do not help Darlie. No one can help Darlie. How do you get evidence of an intruder on her clothes when there was nothing in the house, nothing in the utility room, nothing in the garage and nothing outside. Where's all the blood that should be in the garage, on the window, outside, on the fence...anywhere.....somewhere

According to a Facebook page for Darlie I found tonite, they still dont have enough money for the DNA tests, so how long do they get to try and raise the money? years?

This is what it says on the Face book account:

Darlie is married and have a son who is 14 years old now.
She has been on Death Row since early 1997.
She is fighting to have her innocence proven. Summer of 2008 Darlie was granted DNA testings from Texas on 5 items which will be payed for by the state, this summer 2009 she was rejected fundings for additional testings granted by the federal court.
None of the approved tests are done yet.
The Innocence Project is envolved, but to what extent we do not know .yet.

We will keep updating you whenever there is news in the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back