Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I said there were no knives found BY THE SOCK in the alley. The neighbor's backyard was across the alley and down two houses from where the sock was found. The knives were stuck blade down in the dirt in a symmetrical pattern to form a square plot. The garden steak knives had nothing to do with any crime at the Routier's. To believe they were in any way involved you'd have to have the impossible scenario of Darin stealing a knife from the neighbors yard, yet dropping the murder weapon in the house, but taking out a sock and a steak knife he found across the alley, running back across the ally and putting the knife back in the same position to form an unbroken square, then running in the opposite direction and dropping a sock on the other side of the alley. Ridiculous.And the knives in the garden were not even visible from the alley - he'd have to have gone into the neighbor's yard in the daylight or tripped over them in the dark. Even more ridiculous.

I agree with everything you wrote, but especially the part I bolded.

I am sure the ME would have said if the one or both of the boys were killed with a steak knife for crying out loud!!!! A steak knife just isn't a good murder weapon, they weren't designed to stab with, they were designed to cut meat with. It would have bent and possibly broke if it were used to stab anyone!

I agree with everything you wrote, but especially the part I bolded.

I am sure the ME would have said if the one or both of the boys were killed with a steak knife for crying out loud!!!! A steak knife just isn't a good murder weapon, they weren't designed to stab with, they were designed to cut meat with. It would have bent and possibly broke if it were used to stab anyone!

It would have had to be an awfully long steak knife to have gone through that little boy right to the carpet.

That was the kicker for me. What are the odds that you're going to have an intruder cut your screen with a knife and randomly, coincidentally find another knife with screen fibers in the home? And as you said, the intruder then gets a different knife from the kitchen to commit the crimes For that matter, as long as you are going to kill the sleeping children first, why not strangle them?

I don't recall, what was the Darlie suporters explanation for the knife w/the screen fibers on it?

The pro Darlie side has contended the fibers found on the bread knife are not screen fibers, they contend they are similar to the fibers found in a fingerprinting brush. The fibers are microscopic in size and not enough of them existed to do further testing which could have answered undoubtedly the exact chemical compostion of the type of material it was. It would have required a larger sample to do broad spectrum anaylis.

Well it is said that the boys may have been murdered with a different weapon, maybe the knife broke the first time, or was too slippery or hard to handle after the first time. It is reported that the cops failed to keep evidence from a knife found in the alley by the sock. Maybe the knife was broken then?

Heart, that is not true and if you had truly read the trial transcripts you would know that the knife was in a neighbour's back yard, buried into the dirt along with other tools they were using to trim their garden. The neighbours testified about the knife. As well the tool expert testified that none of the boys wounds were made with that knife.

your speculations are pretty wild..but that's all they are. There's zip evidence to prove there were two knives or that a knife was broken at the crime scene. Jeez did old Rip Van Darlie sleep through all this traffic you have going on around her.

I wasn't about money if it was a hitman. If it was a hitman all he needed was them all to be dead then he gets paid.

I wonder why this hitman wimped out when it came to Darlie? She's the adult, she can identify him. He kills two innocent, sleeping boys and then runs when Darlie, cough cough, wakes up and starts chasing him.

Hitmen are all about money Heart...LOL, no one in Texas especially is going to risk their lives killing two tiny boys and leaving an adult alive for nothing....that's a one way ticket to the needle.

It would have had to be an awfully long steak knife to have gone through that little boy right to the carpet.

Uh Deb that's not true. There are autopsy photos of Devon on line, you will see that there are no wounds on his back. I don't know where that rumour got started. I read it in one of the books about this case though

Uh Deb that's not true. There are autopsy photos of Devon on line, you will see that there are no wounds on his back. I don't know where that rumour got started. I read it in one of the books about this case though

I'm looking at little Devon's autopsy photos right now. There are NO wounds on his back, just a tiny scrape on his upper thigh.

Thanks Cami.

I posted about my theory regarding the sock on another thread...but I'll repeat a bit.. The defense theory goes that two knives were used in the crime. Here's one thought ... Darlie puts the sock on her hand, (remember how focused she seems regarding fingerprints on the knife) uses one knife to commit the crime. Runs out the back, down the alley and deposits the knife in the storm sewer. While in her haste, accidentally drops the sock instead of tossing it in the storm sewer along with the murder weapon. Upon returning to the scene, discovers Damon crawling toward the door in an attempt to escape. Goes to the kitchen, grabs a "big *advertiser censored* knife" goes back and attacks again. Remember her DNA was found in small amounts inside the sock in the toe portion I believe.

I posted about my theory regarding the sock on another thread...but I'll repeat a bit.. The defense theory goes that two knives were used in the crime. Here's one thought ... Darlie puts the sock on her hand, (remember how focused she seems regarding fingerprints on the knife) uses one knife to commit the crime. Runs out the back, down the alley and deposits the knife in the storm sewer. While in her haste, accidentally drops the sock instead of tossing it in the storm sewer along with the murder weapon. Upon returning to the scene, discovers Damon crawling toward the door in an attempt to escape. Goes to the kitchen, grabs a "big *advertiser censored* knife" goes back and attacks again. Remember her DNA was found in small amounts inside the sock in the toe portion I believe.

That is a possibility Weasel. However, how does the blood evidence fit into this? There was no blood found outside the house. There was not enough time to clean up outside the house. If she had already stabbed the boys she would have their blood all over her. And she could not have cut her own throat by then. But wasn't there blood from the children on the back of her shirt, intermingled with her own? Her DNA was found inside the sock as you say. I have always thought it more likely that Darin saw what she had done, knew she'd used the sock to cover her fingerprints, and he put it outside.

There were only two tiny spots of blood on the sock. I think if Darlie had covered her hand with a sock while doing the stabbing, there would be much more blood on the sock. Pictures of the sock are at Darlie's website.

There were only two tiny spots of blood on the sock. I think if Darlie had covered her hand with a sock while doing the stabbing, there would be much more blood on the sock. Pictures of the sock are at Darlie's website.

I agree with you. I have always wondered what the deal with the sock was because it only had those two tiny spots of blood.

<<I have always thought it more likely that Darin saw what she had done, knew she'd used the sock to cover her fingerprints, and he put it outside>>

That's a real possibility, too. I've given some thought to the fact there was no blood found outside. You're right, she had to have blood on her. I've also wondered whether she may have rinsed the knife and her hands and arms before running out in an effort to erase evidence, which may account for some of the blood at the sink as well. I'm just wondering, I'm sure she had to have blood on her clothing as well, but enough to drip or smear?

Weren't there five blood spots on the sock? Three of Devon's, two of Damon's and there's the one they couldn't type.

Don't forget the boys wounds were seepage not spurting wounds so no blood spurted up when they were stabbed.

Weren't there five blood spots on the sock? Three of Devon's, two of Damon's and there's the one they couldn't type.

Don't forget the boys wounds were seepage not spurting wounds so no blood spurted up when they were stabbed.

Could could the spots have been cast off from the knife, or her?

Anyone else think that Darlie and defense will latch onto the new technology of "touch DNA' that has been used to reportedly clear the Ramsey's in the death of their Daughter?

Anyone else think that Darlie and defense will latch onto the new technology of "touch DNA' that has been used to reportedly clear the Ramsey's in the death of their Daughter?

I think if it could help clear up this mess and move things along, I'm all for it.

Could could the spots have been cast off from the knife, or her?

None of DArlie's blood was found on the sock. Her dna was found in the toe. I don't think anyone described the blood on the sock as cast-off..but I'd have to read the testimony again.

Only if they subjected all the evidence to it. I'm puzzled as to why Lacy didn't have the ransom note, duct tape and garrot tested as well.:waitasec:

They are rich sources of dna in my opinion and so would Darlie's evidence, there's already her dna found in the toe of the sock..they believe it's skin cells as well. You slough off more when you are under stress.

Only if they subjected all the evidence to it. I'm puzzled as to why Lacy didn't have the ransom note, duct tape and garrot tested as well.:waitasec:

They are rich sources of dna in my opinion and so would Darlie's evidence, there's already her dna found in the toe of the sock..they believe it's skin cells as well. You slough off more when you are under stress.

ITA on all that you said.

I'd be curious to see if they find Darlie's DNA all over her night gown where she 'touched' it when pulling it from her body and slashing into the shirt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back