Darlie's Looks and Depression

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, you are right Jeana, it is getting old. Same old same old.

But when Darlie is FINALLY put down, then it will be a new and interesting fact. But then again, I won't hold my breath.....I wish someone would move along with her final date with fate.

Hey you never know, I may even make it to Texas overnight to be there when Darlie's sentence is finally carried out. That is if I am not in a nursing home or using a walker.

It will be nice to finally meet you. We'll have to meet and have a drink after its done.

But when Darlie is FINALLY put down, then it will be a new and interesting fact. But then again, I won't hold my breath.....I wish someone would move along with her final date with fate.

Hey you never know, I may even make it to Texas overnight to be there when Darlie's sentence is finally carried out. That is if I am not in a nursing home or using a walker.

LOL

I willing to bet that at least another 10 years will go by.

Mulder was NOT ALLOWED to show the video. He did not decline. The police that took the video pleaded the 5th admendment to
STOP it being shown.

Nope. From the transcript:

Greg Davis: "I don't think there's any problem with Mr. Mosty or Mr. Mulder offering that videotape. I mean, whatever was visually recorded out there, we certainly don't have a problem with them doing that."

Judge Tolle: "That is fine. If you want to do that, that would be fine."

The defense could have shown it. What they could not do was question Patterson and Frosch about it, and for a very good reason. Mulder accused them of illegally placing a microphone at the gravesite. Determining if this was, in fact, illegal required a district court's ruling, which was beyond the scope of the trial. That's why the detectives were forced to take the Fifth. (As later ruled, of course, they had done nothing illegal).

Check your facts.

Those are the facts.

My fact was, that they did take the 5th. That is correct. You have pointed out another error in Mulder's performance.

My fact was, that they did take the 5th. That is correct.

This was your statement, rocking: "The police that took the video pleaded the 5th amendment to STOP it being shown." I quoted passages from the transcript that prove exactly why the police took the 5th, and it was not to prevent the video from being shown.

Please don't take your words out of context and then demand credit for being correct. It's dishonest.

You have pointed out another error in Mulder's performance.

How can you be sure it was an error not to show the video? It's obvious from the transcript that Mulder wanted to show the video only because it would be a means to attack Patterson and Frosch. When Tolle ruled that he couldn't question the detectives, he decided not to show the video at all.

So why didn't he? He didn't because, imo, it showed Darlie as anything but a grief-stricken, weeping mother, much as she appeared on the silly string tape.

Then there's Greg Davis's generous offer to let Mulder show the tape, even though Mulder hadn't initially admitted it into evidence. Davis could have opposed it and won hands down. So why didn't he? He didn't because, imo, it showed Darlie as anything but a grief-stricken, weeping mother.

And finally, after 11 years, why hasn't this video been posted on Darlie's website, along with all the others that show her in a sympathetic light? It's a no-brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

How can you be sure it was an error not to show the video? It's obvious from the transcript that Mulder wanted to show the video only because it would be a means to attack Patterson and Frosch. When Tolle ruled that he couldn't question the detectives, he decided not to show the video at all.

So why didn't he? He didn't because, imo, it showed Darlie as anything but a grief-stricken, weeping mother, much as she appeared on the silly string tape.

Then there's Greg Davis's generous offer to let Mulder show the tape, even though Mulder hadn't initially admitted it into evidence. Davis could have opposed it and won hands down. So why didn't he? He didn't because, imo, it showed Darlie as anything but a grief-stricken, weeping mother.

And finally, after 11 years, why hasn't this video been posted on Darlie's website, along with all the others that show her in a sympathetic light? It's a no-brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Mary,

The video is on one of the websites for Darlie Routier. I'm sure I listed it in another post. It does appear in one of the 'News Videos' that they have listed.
It once appeared as a a separate link, but they probably had to remove it, after sueing the people involved with it's videoing. It was a stand alone item, but they lost the case in the early 2000's.

You know I haven't read all of the transcripts, have started, but haven't reached this part of them. However, there was supposedly a pastor at the early service. Surely he/she could have testified, or was this ruled out, due to the video not being shown.

Thanks Mary,

The video is on one of the websites for Darlie Routier. I'm sure I listed it in another post. It does appear in one of the 'News Videos' that they have listed.
It once appeared as a a separate link, but they probably had to remove it, after sueing the people involved with it's videoing. It was a stand alone item, but they lost the case in the early 2000's.

You know I haven't read all of the transcripts, have started, but haven't reached this part of them. However, there was supposedly a pastor at the early service. Surely he/she could have testified, or was this ruled out, due to the video not being shown.

Good Question, now you are thinking correctly. Why didn't he testify?

Sure, it all the jurors fault, the media, the judge, the Defense Attorney, the DA, the Police, the Nurses, the Doctors, the ambulance employees fault that Darlie was tried and convicted of the murder of her two sons.

Oh, of course the main person to blame is the Defense lawyers. Of course, it is always the fault of the Lawyers when a case is lost.

Don't you know, that every case a defense lawyer defends in court, well he/she has never represented an "innocent client".

When the case is lost, it is not that the person on trial is guilty, it is just because the lawyer did not "pull a rabbit" out of hat.............please.........

If it had no evidentiary value, why did the jury keep asking to view it? How many times? One juror said 7. It obviously had an influence on the jury.

The defense couldn't offer 'grieving tape' because the officers that photographed it may have broken the law, and pleaded the "5th amendment". The judge therefore ruled out the showing of that section of the service. Not particularly fair.

" Of course, what the television camera didn't catch was the solemn,
tear-filled memorial service presided over by a pastor that preceded the
party. "

This was ruled out, never seen by the jury, after they had seen the 'silly string' tape a minimum of 7 times.

LOL, I meant the alleged greiving tape had no evidentiary value. The ss tape does...it's circumstantial evidence. If you read the transcripts you'd know you're wrong.

Mulder was NOT ALLOWED to show the video. He did not decline. The police that took the video pleaded the 5th admendment to
STOP it being shown.

What was the time between the two videos, was it a short time? Check your facts.

You check your facts. It right in the transcripts...

My fact was, that they did take the 5th. That is correct. You have pointed out another error in Mulder's performance.

Patterson was accused of a crime by Mulder during his testimony. He declined to answer the questions until he had legal representation. You would too wouldn't you?

LOL, too funny. Yeah Darlie might die of old age before the sentence is carried out.

Just had to post on the topic of Darlie's execution. First of all, I have lurked on this site forever seems like, at least a year or two, and decided to chime in on this discussion. I have read every word of the transcripts also. Took me months, but I did.

First of all, I have thought Darlie killed her sons within the few weeks. Mostly, because of her intruder story and just "her". Because I used to be exactly like her I think. When I first read she cried rape at Darrin's party, and refused to call police etc. I thought, "Oh, no.. she DID do it"! I used to pull the same stunts. I was a neglected child, and when I got my first boyfriend I was starved for attention. He got a Camaro when he was 16 and began to ignore me to cruise around in his car, so one day after school I scratched my face with a car key and clawed my neck with my finger nails and ran back in his house and said I was "attacked".

Long story short, I begged him not to "tell" anyone and made up a story about my mom would be mad that I was out walking alone so he never told and I basked in his attention and protection. From then on out I always road in the front seat of that Camaro and he didn't ignore me again. Later, I got worse and worse just telling a lie here and a lie there to get his attention. Negative or not. I was selfish and wanted him to pay attention to no one but me, and did not even want to discuss having a child someday because I didn't want him paying attention to a baby.

Now, eventually he figured me out. He would catch me lying and threaten to leave me and I would scream,freak out and cry and finally I went to therapy and they determined I was bi-bolar/depressed/ and had a codependant personality. I was given medication and hospitalized because I kept threatening suicide. After trying several meds, they found meds I responded well to (that was in 1989) and today I am a different woman. I am still married to the same man today who owned that Camaro and we have been married twenty years. I only went off the meds once to have a baby and immediately got back on them and since then I am fine. No drama, no hysterics, no anger, no lies, no mania, and my child is wonderful.

My point is; I think Darlie is just like I was. I totally identified with her "crying" rape, and crying intruder. She and Darrin fought the night of the murders, and I just bet he threatened to leave her or something. Bingo!she created a drama. She was probably manic. And I think she and Darrin were definetely co-dependant on eachother. I do not think she is legally insane or anything and I do believe she deserves to be in prison. But, I also believe she has mental problems obviously. No normally balanced woman can brutally stab to death her own children.

There has to be some sort of imbalance in her mind. There was in me, or otherwise the medications would not have helped me. In the first month of taking the meds I remember be sooooo embarrassed of my behavior in high school and in my late teens. I was twenty before I got the therapy I needed, and I just felt so clear and calm while on the meds. I remember thinking, I am patient now. I didn't have moments of jealous rages over my boyfriend/fiancee anymore. I just felt like a nice normal girl going to college. Sorry to burden you with my horrible, embarrassing life story. It was painful to write, I even cried while writing this!

At the end of the day, I believe Darlie did it because she was losing the focus off of her and becoming more of a boring housewife/mom. The money wasn't all being spent on her, the attention wasn't all being given to her, and she was feeling panic so she created a situation to get her old self back,.............. with a bit more money.

Just had to post on the topic of Darlie's execution. First of all, I have lurked on this site forever seems like, at least a year or two, and decided to chime in on this discussion. I have read every word of the transcripts also. Took me months, but I did.

Thank you so very much for telling us your story. It took a great deal of courge and insight.

Because I used to be exactly like her I think. When I first read she cried rape at Darrin's party, and refused to call police etc. I thought, "Oh, no.. she DID do it"! I used to pull the same stunts. I was a neglected child

I think Darlie was a neglected child, too. Her mom has admitted that she wasn't a good mother, that she left Darlie to raise her two younger sisters while mom was out having a good time. When Darlie cried "RAPE" in her teen years, it was a forewarning. It showed the drama she could create to get the attention back where it belonged...on her.

In the first month of taking the meds I remember be sooooo embarrassed of my behavior in high school and in my late teens.

Don't feel bad. I once rolled in a bed of poison ivy - on purpose - because I figured the red welts would attract attention and sympathy (which it did, for two days. The other three weeks of agony I'd rather not talk about, lol!) I also used to deliberately take big chunks of skin out of my legs while shaving, covered the cuts with 25 bandaids, and then went to meet my friends. You and I and Darlie had the same motivation; the only difference is the extent to which we'd go to satisfy our needs.

The story of your young years was inspiring, Vicky. You should be commended for facing your problems, and caring enough about yourself and others to seek help. Not to mention your unselfish commitment to the meds which, I'm sure, have some nasty side effects.

I admire you very much.

Thank you so much for your kind words. The poison ivy thing sounded like something I would have done had I thought of it!

Darlie needs to admit her crime and face the music instead of leading her family on and getting them all wrapped up in her "fight for justice". She is putting them through as much torture as she did her sons.

Thank you so much for your kind words. The poison ivy thing sounded like something I would have done had I thought of it!

It's silly isn't it, in retrospect? The things we did as teenagers to get attention. I still bow my head in shame.

Darlie needs to admit her crime and face the music instead of leading her family on and getting them all wrapped up in her "fight for justice". She is putting them through as much torture as she did her sons.

Darlie can never admit her crime, and her family doesn't want her to. They've fabricated almost as many stories as Darlie has. What would it get her? Nothing. She can't go back and change her plea; that's a done deal.

Their thoughts are probably the same as ours would be under similar circumstances. What's done is done, the boys are dead and nothing can bring them back. But Darlie's still alive, and they want to keep her that way. In the worst case scenario, you cut your losses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back