David Hurley, Murdered on Route 22 in 1992, Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AlwaysHopeToHelp

Verified EMT
Reaction score
My friend's father was found murdered in 1992 and his case remains unsolved. She is working on becoming verified informant on the site and while she is working on that, I wanted to post some links and get some discussions going about this cold case to see what we can find and get some closure for her.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/David_Hurley
"[FONT=&quot] At 1:30 am on the morning of June 13, 1992, thirty-four-year-old David Hurley said goodbye to his wife of nine years, Pam, and left home. He drove along Route 22 in Monroeville to pick up donuts before a weekend outing with his brother's Boy Scout troop. After leaving the donut shop, he was involved in a minor traffic accident, being sideswiped by another vehicle that came out of nowhere. The two pulled over along Route 22 in Wilkins Township. When David got out of his van to exchange insurance information, the other driver punched him for no apparent reason. He then shot him once in the shoulder, once in the lower chest, and once in the back as he tried to flee.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]David, seriously wounded, then drove the two miles back home. when he called up to Pam, she didn't understand why he was home, until he told her that he had been shot. She immediately came down and called 911.
Paramedics soon arrived and at 3:30 am, he told police and his wife what had happened to him. He was then transported via Life Flight to Presbyterian University Hospital in Pittsburgh. He appeared to be doing well until he started having trouble breathing. In addition to the gunshot wounds, he was bleeding internally from a lacerated liver. At the hospital, he was taken into surgery and died at 6:30 am after going into acute cardiac arrest. All police have now is a description of the suspect from David himself shortly before he died.
[/FONT]

David's killer's vehicle
[FONT=&quot]Suspects: David's killer is described as a young black male driving a gold or champagne colored Honda Prelude, model year 1989 or 1990. He is believed to be local. David did not notice anything unusual about the assailant's appearance. He has never been identified.
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the April 7, 1993 episode.
Results: Unresolved. In 1995, police got a break when a crime lab determined a gun involved in another case matched the one used in David's murder. Because it had changed hands since then, that investigation led nowhere. Authorities stated that they have a suspect in the case that they believe is responsible, but that they do not have enough evidence to charge him. They need a unidentified woman who may have information in the case to come forward"
[/FONT]

Nicole - one of David Hurley’s children will be joining us on this thread and if you have questions she will answer to the best of her ability. She’s very open and not easily offended - just wants answers - you can talk very real here with ideas and not worry about hurting family on this thread. She deserves to know what happened to her father. Any child deserves that much! Welcome Nicole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we bump this? Someone must know something and sleuthing has to have improved enough over the years to figure this out!!!

This is the first I have heard of this case. My Aunt and Uncle both lived in turtlepoint at this time I believe. Just over the hill from the mall. Did the daughter ever come on the thread?

This is the first I have heard of this case. My Aunt and Uncle both lived in turtlepoint at this time I believe. Just over the hill from the mall. Did the daughter ever come on the thread?
Turtle Creek perhaps? I'm local.

Yes sorry, I meant Turtle Creek. I used to live in turtle point which is way in the opposite direction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back