Dawn, circa 1994

• Missing Since 12/22/1994
  • Missing From Elizabethtown, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 27 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 116 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A sweatshirt, blue jeans, brown and white shoes, a garnet earring in her upper left ear, a cupid earring and three diamond earrings.
  • Medical Conditions Dawn may have been two months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Haines has a tattoo of a heart and a rose on her left breast and a tattoo of a rose on her left ankle. She has four or more piercings in her ears.
Details of Disappearance
Dawn was last seen at her home on Bluegrass Road in Elizabethtown, Kentucky on December 22, 1994. She lived there with Samuel Haines, her husband of eight years, and their two children.

Samuel stated Dawn unexpectedly gathered her belongings and left the house in the middle of the night. She got into a green 4x4 Dodge pickup truck driven by another individual. She never returned home. Afterwards, Samuel packed up his children and some clothing and went to spend Christmas with his relatives in Pennsylvania.

Samuel was enlisted in the Army in 1994, and when he returned to active duty, he left his children with his parents in Pennsylvania. Dawn has never been heard from again.

Dawn and Samuel had frequent arguments and Dawn was allegedly unfaithful. They had previously gotten a divorce, but later married one another a second time.

Investigators have stated they do not believe Samuel's version of events; they think Dawn is deceased and probably a homicide victim. Her case remains unsolved.
Dawn Christine Haines – The Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 2558DFKY
img

Clipping from The Courier-Journal - Newspapers.com

Foul play suspected in couple’s split. A third case riddling Williams and his investigators is the 1994 disappearance of Dawn Christine Haines.
Haines became missing just three days before Christmas. Her husband Samuel, has been described as a person of interest ever since.
Telling police she’d left on her own and not returned, Sam Haines continued with a visit to relatives in Pennsylvania after his wife was last seen.
That trip raised suspicions early on. Marital problems added to the suspicion. Investigators had no others with motive to hurt the woman. Her body has never been found.
Shelly Harshbarger, Samuel’s sister, said changing stories over the years have confused some family members, but during a 2008 interview, she said one person knows exactly what happened.
“One time, I was sitting at the table with my other brother’s ex-wife, she was my sister-in-law then, and my mother, and we were all talking about what happened to Dawn,” Harshbarger said. “My mother said she knows the truth about what happened, but she said she’ll take it to the grave with her, just like our father did.”
Dawn Haines’ parents, Texas residents Marvin and Loretta Tucker, have no doubt Sam Haines was involved in their daughter’s disappearance.
They detailed events surrounding her disappearance in a 1997 letter to the television show “Unsolved Mysteries.”
The program aired a segment on the case, but produced no great leads.
“We know he was responsible for her disappearance,” Marvin Tucker said.
What investigators and family members need is evidence, testimony or a confession that can lead to an arrest and conviction.
Without it, the case will remain unsolved.
Solid leads, good information needed. Suspects exist in many cases, but few involve deaths and permanent disappearances such as those described above.
Even fewer cases have investigators so sure of perpetrators’ identities.
Unlike previous Most Wanted features of 2008 and 2009 which focused on fugitives, this month’s feature is focused on information that’s wanted and needed to close old cases.
What investigators need is the kind that can condemn a person for a crime committed long ago.
Williams said news reports such as this often produce phone calls, but rarely produce leads.
“They’ll call and tell me they know who did it, but I already know that,” Williams said.

Hardin County's Most Wanted... Information | TheNewsEnterprise.com

Dawn Christine Haines
  • dawn_christine_haines_1.jpg
Dawn, circa 1994

• Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 27 years old
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A sweatshirt, blue jeans, brown and white shoes, a garnet earring in her upper left ear, a cupid earring and three diamond earrings.
  • Medical Conditions Dawn may have been two months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Haines has a tattoo of a heart and a rose on her left breast and a tattoo of a rose on her left ankle. She has four or more piercings in her ears.
Details of Disappearance
Dawn was last seen at her home on Bluegrass Road in Elizabethtown, Kentucky on December 22, 1994. She lived there with Samuel Haines, her husband of eight years, and their two children.

Samuel stated Dawn unexpectedly gathered her belongings and left the house in the middle of the night. She got into a green 4x4 Dodge pickup truck driven by another individual. She never returned home. Afterwards, Samuel packed up his children and some clothing and went to spend Christmas with his relatives in Pennsylvania.

Samuel was enlisted in the Army in 1994, and when he returned to active duty, he left his children with his parents in Pennsylvania. Dawn has never been heard from again.

Dawn and Samuel had frequent arguments and Dawn was allegedly unfaithful. They had previously gotten a divorce, but later married one another a second time.

Investigators have stated they do not believe Samuel's version of events; they think Dawn is deceased and probably a homicide victim. Her case remains unsolved.
img

Foul play suspected in couple’s split. A third case riddling Williams and his investigators is the 1994 disappearance of Dawn Christine Haines.
Haines became missing just three days before Christmas. Her husband Samuel, has been described as a person of interest ever since.
Telling police she’d left on her own and not returned, Sam Haines continued with a visit to relatives in Pennsylvania after his wife was last seen.
That trip raised suspicions early on. Marital problems added to the suspicion. Investigators had no others with motive to hurt the woman. Her body has never been found.
Shelly Harshbarger, Samuel’s sister, said changing stories over the years have confused some family members, but during a 2008 interview, she said one person knows exactly what happened.
“One time, I was sitting at the table with my other brother’s ex-wife, she was my sister-in-law then, and my mother, and we were all talking about what happened to Dawn,” Harshbarger said. “My mother said she knows the truth about what happened, but she said she’ll take it to the grave with her, just like our father did.”
Dawn Haines’ parents, Texas residents Marvin and Loretta Tucker, have no doubt Sam Haines was involved in their daughter’s disappearance.
They detailed events surrounding her disappearance in a 1997 letter to the television show “Unsolved Mysteries.”
What investigators and family members need is evidence, testimony or a confession that can lead to an arrest and conviction.
Solid leads, good information needed. Suspects exist in many cases, but few involve deaths and permanent disappearances such as those described above.
Unlike previous Most Wanted features of 2008 and 2009 which focused on fugitives, this month’s feature is focused on information that’s wanted and needed to close old cases.
What investigators need is the kind that can condemn a person for a crime committed long ago.
Williams said news reports such as this often produce phone calls, but rarely produce leads.
“They’ll call and tell me they know who did it, but I already know that,” Williams said.

If the children are able (psychologically) to talk to the grandma that 'knows' perhaps they can get enough info to put the finishing touches on this....

Dawn Christine Haines
Dawn, circa 1994

• Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 27 years old
Details of Disappearance

img

THIS would seem to be her -- will keep looking into this:

Dawn Christine Haines
Dawn, circa 1994

• Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 27 years old
Details of Disappearance

img

Dawn Christine Haines
Dawn, circa 1994

• Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 27 years old
Details of Disappearance

img

Dawn Christine Haines
Dawn, circa 1994

• Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 27 years old
Details of Disappearance

img

If the children are able (psychologically) to talk to the grandma that 'knows' perhaps they can get enough info to put the finishing touches on this....

AP{OLOGIES for all the duplication above -- system was not responding when I entered it -

MORE on her:

Hmmm, I wonder if that is the missing Dawn?

She is still listed as missing at NAMUS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23
Back