***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just home from being in court this morning. I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I repeat anything. Apologies also if this is not of interest. I thought those that can't go might like to get a feel for it.

Might just do it in point form for speed

- I think GBC looked like he was quite puffy in the face. He certainly makes an effort to hide in the corner although when he first came out this morning I saw him have a quick look at the public gallery area.

- Olivia Walton was there. She came and spoke to the barristers before the proceedings started and then sat I a chair to the side, directly opposite GBC. I could see her smiling to him every so often. I actually thought she was going to stay there except she left at the very last minute when the judge walked in.

- there was a lady in the front row, far side wearing a white top. I would love to know who she was as she kept glaring at GBC. When she left the room when we had the first 15 minute break she made a point of walking past and staring in at him. If looks were daggers .....

- in that same front row were quite a few older people taking notes. I imagine these must be friends or relatives of the Dickies.
In the row behind them were woman who I imagine would be Alison's friends. Several of them were also taking notes.
I also saw the lady who told GBC yesterday that she hated him.

- the first break for 15 minutes was because the defence only had 2 of the 3 statements made by Dr Hoskins. This gave them time to read up on the copy given to them

- my impression of Mr Davis questioning Dr Hoskins was that he was grasping at straws and trying to put words into his mouth. We seemed to be going around in circles for a while. Why a brand new court complex couldn't include a pointer of some sort for the photos on the screens is beyond me.

- Mr Davis asked for a longer lunch break to be able to read/ discuss some of the accountants information. He said this could possibly shorten his time needed with this witness.The judge commented he was happy to spend time to save time.

- After each discussion with the witness's Mr Mahoney went to the glass box and spoke with GBC. at one stage GBC gave him a paper which he took back to Mr Davis. I gather GBC is taking his own notes

That's all I can recall so far.

Post of the day!!!!

I am wondering whether the police took the razor GBC alegedly cut hiomself with. Surely forensic testing could be done to see if there was any trace of blood on it or whether it was likely to cause such deep cuts?

My opinion only

John Taylor‏@_JohnTaylor_
Day 3 of commital for alleged wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay reconvenes after lunch. #badenclay

Ashley McDermid‏@AshleyMcDermid

Bruce Flegg staffer Susan Heath called to give evidence in #badenclay committal. @9NewsBrisbane

Just thought I'd add my personal thoughts from this morning.

When the "fingernail" marks on his face were being discussed in so much depth I couldn't help but wonder if GBC was sitting there having flash backs of how it all happened.

I felt a wave of extreme sadness for Alison her family and her friends. The lady in the white top I spoke of spent most of this discussion time ( approx an hour) just glaring at him and I couldn't help but wonder if she was thinking exactly what I was.

Only 2 people really know what happened that night. Only one is still alive....

I think the forensic accountant, and the two former business partners up next into the witness stand will be the thing that makes Gerard the most uncomfortable.. he couldnt give two hoots about autopsy, shaving marks, dog barks, whatever..

But the inferences made by the forensic accountant will go to the heart of Gerards delusion of himself. I do expect the forensic accountant to outline the urgency of Gerards need to a big whack of money immediately, his inability to understand debit and credit, his amateur attempts at cooking the books, his mad juggling propping up this debt with that debt. His house of cards, in other words.

Which brings me to the horrible conclusion. .. that while the rest of Australia was praying and hoping for a live Allison to walk down the street, Gerard, and only Gerard was hoping, day in , day out, every minute, that the body of Allison would be found before his fiscal deadline arrived.. to put it in Gerard terms.. his million dollar payout was lying hidden under the Kholo bridge.. it had to be found to claim the money. He couldnt afford to wait a whole 7 years for a missing person to be declared dead by some finicky coroner down the track.

I often wonder if he actually considered dropping an anonymous tip to the search and rescue blokes. .. and how many times he folded and unfolded the insurance policies while this unbearable wait went on for so long. Of course, he rang them THE DAY after a body was found and before it was identified.. he knew, alright, whos body it was.

Ms Annie if the police did take the razor it sounds like they most certainly didnt give it to the forensic doctors. The first witness this morning Dr Hoskins ( Hoskings ? ) said he had a photo of the razor and he went to the chemist with that photo to buy the same brand.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou
We're back on again. Next witness is Sue Heath. Dr Bruce Flegg's friend who was on the phone when he heard screams. #badenclay

Just trying to help :) I'm more than happy if someone else wants to post the tweets??

We're all so polite.......
I'll have to go in about 40 minutes so you guys can do them if you like? But, if anyone wants a break I'll fill in.

Ms Heath was a party to GBC's approach to Dr Bruce Flegg for loan. She said GBC said if he didn't get the money he would go broke #badenclay

Ms Annie if the police did take the razor it sounds like they most certainly didnt give it to the forensic doctors. The first witness this morning Dr Hoskins ( Hoskings ? ) said he had a photo of the razor and he went to the chemist with that photo to buy the same brand.

It seems the obvious was overlooked!

MOO:banghead:

Maybe they kept the razor for evidence but there is a logical reason why it wasn't given to the forensic Dr.

i just searched for 'bruce overland' on facebook and found 1 and only 1....no info other than "joined facebook January 16, 2009".....interesting huh?

from the Courier Mail 11/03/13....."In 2009, he said Allison confided to her best friend that she had taken medication for depression."

I wonder when G bought that razor from the chemist?
I wonder if he normally used an electric razor.

Gerard Baden Clay approached Dr Flegg for loan March 2012. Ms Heath says he was distressed, voice shaky, appeared quite stressed #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou

Ms Heath says she gave Baden-Clay a mobile phone. Her statement to police said Dr Flegg was not aware. Now tells court he knew. #badenclay

I think the forensic accountant, and the two former business partners up next into the witness stand will be the thing that makes Gerard the most uncomfortable.. he couldnt give two hoots about autopsy, shaving marks, dog barks, whatever..

But the inferences made by the forensic accountant will go to the heart of Gerards delusion of himself. I do expect the forensic accountant to outline the urgency of Gerards need to a big whack of money immediately, his inability to understand debit and credit, his amateur attempts at cooking the books, his mad juggling propping up this debt with that debt. His house of cards, in other words.

Which brings me to the horrible conclusion. .. that while the rest of Australia was praying and hoping for a live Allison to walk down the street, Gerard, and only Gerard was hoping, day in , day out, every minute, that the body of Allison would be found before his fiscal deadline arrived.. to put it in Gerard terms.. his million dollar payout was lying hidden under the Kholo bridge.. it had to be found to claim the money. He couldnt afford to wait a whole 7 years for a missing person to be declared dead by some finicky coroner down the track.

I often wonder if he actually considered dropping an anonymous tip to the search and rescue blokes. .. and how many times he folded and unfolded the insurance policies while this unbearable wait went on for so long. Of course, he rang them THE DAY after a body was found and before it was identified.. he knew, alright, whos body it was.

I like the cut of your jib, Trooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member