***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to have a new thread today so we keep the comital days separate?

Slightly O/T but I thought of Allison's neighbours last night. My hubby is away at the moment and we live in a fairly secluded, tree filled area in the hills of Victoria. Properties are quite far apart. In bed last night I heard a loud bang and a voice (about 1am), normally I would lie wide awake and terrified, but I decided to grab the torch and shine it out every window to either see something or scare someone.

I didn't however, call the police. In reality it seemed a bit alarmist to do so. So I understand the neighbours reluctance to call the police that night. Truthfully, I couldn't be sure where the noise came from.

One thing I will do differently after reading all the statements about strange noises during this committal hearing, is that I will ask my neighbours if they heard anything.

Sorry, O/T I know.

I understand OW and family may not have been able to search for Allison back in April last year (or so I've read) but does anyone know if they ever went to Kholo Creek to see her final resting place; to lay flowers for Allison, to see where the sicko who did this to Allison put her?

If someone I loved had been murdered I would do these things.

Ali - I couldn't agree more.

Appart from a few platitudes from OW, there has been nothing to suggest that this family gives a s**t about Alison. Of course they attended the funeral, but this was really obligatory. I can't believe that the media would have missed any overt signs of concern by the BCs.

This apparent lack of concern has been manifest in so many ways:

[*]the family's refusal to be interviewed by police,
[*]the need for a search warrant to obtain information that a concerned family would give in an eyeblink
[*]the family's obvious distaste of any media interest in them - including the mockery of the granny pash. Something heinous had happened to their "beloved" Alison, but their own privacy was more important.
[*]the very high likelihood that they knew of GB and TMs affair from its workplace and public manifestations.
[*]No reports of any efforts by the family to find the "real" murderer
[/LIST]
There are probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

So, Olivier - give us a break from this grieving family BS!

Slightly O/T but I thought of Allison's neighbours last night. My hubby is away at the moment and we live in a fairly secluded, tree filled area in the hills of Victoria. Properties are quite far apart. In bed last night I heard a loud bang and a voice (about 1am), normally I would lie wide awake and terrified, but I decided to grab the torch and shine it out every window to either see something or scare someone.

I didn't however, call the police. In reality it seemed a bit alarmist to do so. So I understand the neighbours reluctance to call the police that night. Truthfully, I couldn't be sure where the noise came from.

One thing I will do differently after reading all the statements about strange noises during this committal hearing, is that I will ask my neighbours if they heard anything.

Sorry, O/T I know.
Spot on. Where we lived a little while back we would often here screams, and girls yelling for help, we would go and check only to find they were all mucking around. There was one time when we heard a horrible, scared scream and after going out the front we could tell it was ongoing and she still seemed scared. We did call the police that time, and apparently so did most of the neighbourhood. Turns out some guy was chasing his ex girlfriend and their little baby down the road with an massive tree branch. But in that case it was only after listening and seeing what happened after the original scream. I'm sure if Allisons neighbours had heard continuing screams that night they would have called the police.
These days it's so hard to pick whether it's people mucking around or a genuine cry for help.

Thanks Linette. I agree, by adding her little disclaimer she feels she can step back from the truth, and say what she knows would look so much better for them all.

She didn't have to say anything at all about that, but chose to throw it in in a very carefully scripted fashion, which tells me it is something that has niggled at her conscience for a long time.

What she has failed to admit to herself is that just becasue she is saying it out loud, doesn't mean it has happened.
Very strange. IMO

Ali - I couldn't agree more.

Appart from a few platitudes from OW, there has been nothing to suggest that this family gives a s**t about Alison. Of course they attended the funeral, but this was really obligatory. I can't believe that the media would have missed any overt signs of concern by the BCs.

This apparent lack of concern has been manifest in so many ways:

[*]the family's refusal to be interviewed by police,
[*]the need for a search warrant to obtain information that a concerned family would give in an eyeblink
[*]the family's obvious distaste of any media interest in them - including the mockery of the granny pash. Something heinous had happened to their "beloved" Alison, but their own privacy was more important.
[*]the very high likelihood that they knew of GB and TMs affair from its workplace and public manifestations.
[*]No reports of any efforts by the family to find the "real" murderer
[/LIST]
There are probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

So, Olivier - give us a break from this grieving family BS!

I remember watching the footage from the funeral... you could see Allisons parents so devastated, yet BC's looked like they were at a day at the races.

Having read a fair bit of the evidence, there were enough elements of doubt about the cause of the man's death in this case, to warrant this jury verdict. The jury found on the evidence presented, regardless of the accused Counsel's assertions in representation. MOO

Well JP was bloody lucky I was not on that jury panel :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:.

I do think the right counsel does play a very important role as to the outcome, it is not totally jury based, the counsel have to be able to present the case better than the other side, and the best one usually wins.

agree with the above posts about Olivia's words - statement analysis would have a field day with it - she leaves a lot of room for other "beliefs" and "knowledge" to be believes and known differently - as I dare say she does. Plus the sheer self-centredness that the media has not acknowledged her loss of her friend!

Oh Olivia, my heart weeps for YOU. Plus big freaking whoop that you sat through some interviews and gave some statements. What a saint you must be.

I understand OW and family may not have been able to search for Allison back in April last year (or so I've read) but does anyone know if they ever went to Kholo Creek to see her final resting place; to lay flowers for Allison, to see where the sicko who did this to Allison put her?

If someone I loved had been murdered I would do these things.

We don't know that she hasn't visited Kholo Creek and done those things.

On the reserved seating, I didn't think you could do that in a Law Court, you could put a sign up bgut hardly enforceable.

Absolutely agree about the self-centredness ozazure. So arrogant.

Also, when I read the part of the statement that was in present tense, "I love her", I felt like reminding her that that part of their charade is over- the calling out for Allison to please come home or be returned to us....she has been found murdered now Olivia, remember!!!! We're onto the next part of the big pantomime now, pretending Gerard is innocent.

Just found this on twitter and it was really funny!

Jayant Patel found not guilty. Gerard Baden-Clay books that jury in for his trial

:great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great:

money talks ******** walks...................:what:

Yes, I think by her saying "To the best of my knowledge" means at least she can pretend that's what she thinks even though it's not true. If anyone ever says "Well here's proof that they have not cooperated" she can then say "Well, I did say to the best of my knowledge".

I think if she REALLY believed they had fully cooperated she would outright state that. But she didn't.

To the best of my knowledge is a cop out, esp when a family is as close as they are... not like they arent in regular contact.

I keep thinking of the first police officers on the scene seeing OW walking the kids to the car when they arrived. They must have thought "There's Mum, she's home, false alarm"...they could never have known they were about to launch one of the most prolific investigations in recent times.

It is very interesting Liaden!! Especially when you look back at when she actually spoke to the media outside court.

Oddly enough it was when the business partner,Phillip Broom, was on the stand & about to come out with, among other things, the following...

But Mr Broom said while on a business trip to Sydney in 2010, Baden-Clay told him of future plans he had with Ms McHugh.

''There was a trip to Sydney where we talked about cars and the need for a bigger car for his three girls and her two boys,'' he said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Looking back at all that, I think it was a deliberate attempt to try & distract the media because she knew what the court was about to hear. Out of all the time/opportunities she's had to speak to media,... almost 12 mths, even any time over the last two days, or this morning before court.

Nup..she pre-planned that exact time.

ETA:. She had the speech prepared in a notebook which she was reading from.

Well, I hope that media read WS and now highlight Phillip Broom's comments in MSM. If this was a tactic, then it can be countered.

Maybe we could just all start saying "To the best of my knowledge" instead of IMO

I keep thinking of the first police officers on the scene seeing OW walking the kids to the car when they arrived. They must have thought "There's Mum, she's home, false alarm"...they could never have known they were about to launch one of the most prolific investigations in recent times.

I thought the same... they had no idea what was coming. Yet all the time GBC sat there talking his crap to them about where she might have walked etc, he knew damn well they'd be finding her body one day.

I wonder if the police noticed how GBC didn't get a bit excited when he heard Olivia coming in... a normal person who hadn't just killed his wife would probably hope that the sound of someone walking in the house might just be his wife.

I think it was giveaway when GBC reported her missing so soon after the time he expected her home. And as we all know they had an argument the night before... if I was in that situation I would probably be thinking "Gee, she's still pretty pissed off with me." and maybe think she's sitting somewhere on a bench pondering her future with me.
The only time I think someone would worry to that extent is if there had been threats prior or there was a stalker around and there was some reason to believe that something might happen. BUT then, why would she go for a walk on her own if that was the case?

I'm sure the police have wondered all of this. After an argument like they're supposed to had over TM the night before why would he expect her to get up and go for a nice leisurely stroll like nothing has happened and be back on time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18