***Day 4 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said Mr Baden-Clay suggested they lay low because police knew of their affair.

Ms McHugh made five statements to police regarding Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance.

During one police interview, detectives told to her that Mr Baden-Clay had had affairs with two other women.

''You weren't aware of [the other women] until police told you?,'' Mr Davis asked Ms McHugh.

''I certainly wasn't aware of Hamilton [one of the women]," Ms McHugh replied.

She said she had previously questioned Mr Baden-Clay about the other woman, but believed they were just friends.

''I knew that they had a friendship and I believed it was a business relationship," she said.

Ms McHugh questioned Mr Baden-Clay about his other affairs on May 27, the court heard.

''I recall questioning him, asking for some confirmation about whether it did happen...whether it was true,'' she said.

''I told him I'd found out.

''He said he didn't want to talk about it over the phone - he wanted to talk to me about it in person.

''I kept pressing for some response.

''He reminded me of him saying to me once that there was something that he needed ... that if we were ever together ... we'd be needing to sit down and talk about things frankly and honestly and he referred to that being one of the things that we would be discussing.''

Ms McHugh said Mr Baden-Clay promised to call her the following day but didn't.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...th-mistress-20130318-2g9z5.html#ixzz2NrFXE5v4

i dont understand why they had to lay low? its not illegal to have an affair and the police and everybody knew by then, why not go to her for comfort if he supposedly loved her? makes it sound like they had colluded about allison "disappearing" and didnt want to draw attention?
as well as allisons girls, i also feel sad for tms boys, they are old enough to read every sordid detail about their mother, hope they have someone supporting them through this.

She must be staying at her mum's. I heard last week that the media were camped out at the mum's property.

The mum is older and apparently quite upset that she can't leave the house.

Another example of people who are suffering because of this. I do feel for her mother and son's, they didnt stoop to her level, yet they are suffering.

Old Toni M is quite the dragon.

I can't believe she would put herself on the market for such cheap rent, the tenant she chose was appalling. She should have refubrished herself and been happy with the exiting tenant.

Real estate these days is such a tawdry business

cheap rent !!.. 4 years of free backseat Prado stuff and he gave her a camera!!.. she was thrilled with it, too!!..of course he bought himself one at the same time... you call that cheap rent??

heh

She said Mr Baden-Clay suggested they lay low because police knew of their affair.

Ms McHugh made five statements to police regarding Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance.

During one police interview, detectives told to her that Mr Baden-Clay had had affairs with two other women.

''You weren't aware of [the other women] until police told you?,'' Mr Davis asked Ms McHugh.

She said she had previously questioned Mr Baden-Clay about the other woman, but believed they were just friends.

''I knew that they had a friendship and I believed it was a business relationship," she said.

Ms McHugh questioned Mr Baden-Clay about his other affairs on May 27, the court heard.

''I recall questioning him, asking for some confirmation about whether it did happen...whether it was true,'' she said.

''He said he didn't want to talk about it over the phone - he wanted to talk to me about it in person.

''He reminded me of him saying to me once that there was something that he needed ... that if we were ever together ... we'd be needing to sit down and talk about things frankly and honestly and he referred to that being one of the things that we would be discussing.''

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...th-mistress-20130318-2g9z5.html#ixzz2NrFXE5v4

i dont understand why they had to lay low? its not illegal to have an affair and the police and everybody knew by then, why not go to her for comfort if he supposedly loved her? makes it sound like they had colluded about allison "disappearing" and didnt want to draw attention?
as well as allisons girls, i also feel sad for tms boys, they are old enough to read every sordid detail about their mother, hope they have someone supporting them through this.

BBM - who is Hamilton?

Also, I would say even if someone was innocent, they would probably not want to give the media any more fodder - he was already in the spotlight and an affair isn't illegal, but certainly isn't acceptable in the eyes of many people.

The only thing I feel sorry for with regards TM is that she is still so delusional that she can see no evil in him, even to the extend of him in all likelihood quite happily trying to paint her in a bad light so as to create possible doubt in jurors' minds. He will not care one way or another what happens to her or how badly she is hurt, all he cares about is him.
All IMOO

Personally I'm very alarmed at finding out that GBC rang TM when she was being interviewed by police, unbeknownst to him, and asked, "Did you tell police we were together?", which TM quickly deflected to mean he was asking her if police knew their affair was on again, which just seems like an unlikely question. I think there's a good possibility that he was asking her - knowing it was too early in the piece Tudor their phones to be tapped and not knowing she was at the police - if she had confessed they were together on the dated night. Sure, they had pre agreed on what "truth", but he was anxious to check.

Am I the only one who wonders why on the day of the conference - following the fated night - TM gets home and goes to bed, by her own admission? Could she possibly be exhausted after being up part of the night? And the added stress of trying to appear normal at the conference? Also, does her mother live in <modsnip> (I may have this wrong) which is across Kholo creek and therefore she was prob more familiar with that bridge than GBC? Not that I think she did it alone.

To me she is not only the other woman, she's looking very suss indeed. iMO. I hope that the police put a lot of effort exploring that avenue. I wonder if this is what OW is always insinuating?

Who is "Hamilton"??? Jackie crane was one I'm guessing "someone" Hamilton was the other. Has it been reported who this person was?

cheap rent !!.. 4 years of free backseat Prado stuff and he gave her a camera!!.. she was thrilled with it, too!!..of course he bought himself one at the same time... you call that cheap rent??

heh

True, the camera is the kicker there, I wonder if she got to shout lunch and buy coffee as well?

BBM - who is Hamilton?

Also, I would say even if someone was innocent, they would probably not want to give the media any more fodder - he was already in the spotlight and an affair isn't illegal, but certainly isn't acceptable in the eyes of many people.

yes i noticed that name, not sure, maybe someone else he was seeing?!

Ok, I am going to try to not be sarcastic and nasty about TM but it is really hard because she is so sad now, but didnt stop to think about what her affair was doing to Allison day in day out. What she is probably feeling now is nothing to what Allison would have been feeling knowing that this woman was happy to be a mistress and flaunt the relationship with business associates. That is so disrespectful to all concerned.

So who is 'Hamilton' that TM referred to? We've heard of Michelle Hammond Mitchell and Jacqui Crane but I haven't heard of a woman named Hamilton. Did TM in fact mean hammond?

BBM:

Could "Hamilton" be in reference to a conference on Hamilton Island.
There was one held there in 2008.

Toni McHugh has broken down recalling a conversation she had with Gerard Baden-Clay on April 19, the day before he reported his wife Allison missing.

"That was the evening that I found out that Allison and Kate were going to be at the [real estate] conference," Ms McHugh said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-march-18-20130318-2g9pk.html#ixzz2NrLolDx7

So TM finds out the evening of the 19th April Allison and Kate are both going to the conference? Or am I reading this wrong?

I am not laughing, I think this is so awful and so sad. GBC has ruined so many peoples lives emotionally and financially and that is not including the loss of Allison's life, for which I am certain he will be committed for trial.

I hear you Ali. Haven't caught up yet but I am feeling nothing but sadness.
I understand the anger for TM and in my opinion women should not sleep with married men.
We have all done crazy things when in love though. Naïve people believe what they are told.

So much sadness for so many people : (

So who is 'Hamilton' that TM referred to? We've heard of Michelle Hammond Mitchell and Jacqui Crane but I haven't heard of a woman named Hamilton. Did TM in fact mean hammond?

BBM:

Or, he was working his way through the phone book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668