DB's brother leaves north walrond home with detectives 11/1/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
reminders:
1) this thread is about the brother being interviewed by detectives.. if you are having discussion on something else move to the appropriate thread

2) do not bring rumors here. use your links.

3) do not attack one another. we can all have our own opinions but we do not attack one another.

thanks

reminders:
1) this thread is about the brother being interviewed by detectives.. if you are having discussion on something else move to the appropriate thread

3) do not attack one another. we can all have our own opinions but we do not attack one another.

thanks

Nurse i also posted new lawyers name in lawyer thread.

So there is a PN and SN, is there another brother TN? I apologize, i'm far behind and trying to skip a few pages or I will be forever behind. Do we know for sure this is the brother that was with DB on the wine shopping trip and which brother is that? Uuugghhh, I gotta leave again in a few minutes. I need short versions to get caught up, lol.

reminders:

thanks

please take attorney discussion to the attorney thread. thanks

I wondered the same about the rental, but I wasn't sure if the feds really did that or if it was just on TV...LOL.

The FBI rents cars. The brother was returned home. Wonder if they will go interview the older more "interesting" brother.

If this thread is specifically about DB's brother, where can we continue discussion about how the parents can/will be questioned in LE interviews? I'd like to comment but not on this thread. Thanks, mods.

The entire family has lawyered up?

There's no indication the brother who was questioned has a lawyer. However, if he is a witness favorable to their clients, it would be likely they might give him a lift home.

I don't believe - really - that if his testimony was AGAINST their clients they would be in the car with him.

According to a poster on the other "Jersey" thread, MW stated last night that she had been interviewed 7 times. This is a far cry from her first statement/talk with the reporter when she said 4 times. Now, we have the brother being taken by police for a 2 hour interview or whatever. All of this while Lisa's parents are in a secret location. And now JT flying to KC.

Something is up IMO.

JT was due back today anyhow if we all recall it being said in the media end of last week.

However, this news is shocking of today. I've definitely been wondering about this brother all along and I do wonder if he's the one who had MW's phone that night. You never know. :waitasec:

What is even stranger is that they did a search of that small lake by Festival Foods last week too, the very one DB and her brother attended to.

reminders:

thanks

:bump:

Submit a list of questions that LE can't ask? In a criminal investigation? That's not even a "thing". Maybe in a civil case, but not in a criminal case.

This is why: No one is ever obligated to answer any or all questions in an interview. So if someone even tried to define the "allowable" questions, LE would say no way, just invoke your right if you don't want to answer specific questions.

That's exactly why you want your lawyer there. So he can tell you which questions are not in YOUR best interest to answer.

Some people who are young, naive, unsophisticated, or just not very smart may not realize that they have a choice about answering questions. LE can be very intimidating to a lot of people, especially if they have no experience with LE, or with being interrogated. This is how false confessions are obtained. LE does not have to read anyone their rights until an arrest is made.

There have been cases where LE sent a list of questions to the attorney of someone they wanted to question. The attorney reviewed the questions, and let LE know which ones were off limits. I think this may have happened with John and Patsy Ramsey.
Attorneys like to know which way LE is leaning, and LE can always hope that an attorney or the person being questioned will make a mistake and allow a question to be answered that they didn't expect when an interview is done face to face with no preparation.

JT was due back today anyhow if we all recall it being said in the media end of last week.

However, this news is shocking of today. I've definitely been wondering about this brother all along and I do wonder if he's the one who had MW's phone that night. You never know. :waitasec:

What is even stranger is that they did a search of that small lake by Festival Foods last week too, the very one DB and her brother attended to.

MW indicated that in her home, there are 7 other people and she has the only phone so when they want to use a phone they borrow hers.

Is the brother living with her? I don't think it's even been mentioned that he'd ever even met her, has it?

We now have a Verified Lawyers Q and A thread for Baby Lisa. This is a no discussion thread, but our team of amazing attorneys will gladly answer questions here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153148"]Legal Questions for our VERIFIED Lawyers[/ame]

Some people who are young, naive, unsophisticated, or just not very smart may not realize that they have a choice about answering questions. LE can be very intimidating to a lot of people, especially if they have no experience with LE, or with being interrogated. This is how false confessions are obtained. LE does not have to read anyone their rights until an arrest is made.

There have been cases where LE sent a list of questions to the attorney of someone they wanted to question. The attorney reviewed the questions, and let LE know which ones were off limits. I think this may have happened with John and Patsy Ramsey.
Attorneys like to know which way LE is leaning, and LE can always hope that an attorney or the person being questioned will make a mistake and allow a question to be answered that they didn't expect when an interview is done face to face with no preparation.
You are exactly right, it happened every time the Ramsey's were interviewed by LE.

I don't think we know this. There is speculation that since store/wine brother was returned home in a rental, it meant lawyers. Grandma pointed out that feds also use rental cars. Either way it's just guessing at this point. moo

My DH (retired LE) says rental cars would most likely be driven by lawyers or private investigators. He said Kansas City is large enough the FBI would have plenty of cars to use. IMO

My DH (retired LE) says rental cars would most likely be driven by lawyers or private investigators. He said Kansas City is large enough the FBI would have plenty of cars to use. IMO

Yes, I was thinking some out of town lawyer, or minion of, was driving the rental. Probably met brother at the station.

MW indicated that in her home, there are 7 other people and she has the only phone so when they want to use a phone they borrow hers.

Is the brother living with her? I don't think it's even been mentioned that he'd ever even met her, has it?

No, it's never been mentioned. It's pure speculation on my part :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg
Back