DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welllll, I guess no one is interested in the outcome of Chandra Levy's Murder Trial.....Ohhh Well :-(

I'm very glad that Chandra and her family have justice today. Was watching HLN this morning when the news came.

RIP Chandra

Welllll, I guess no one is interested in the outcome of Chandra Levy's Murder Trial.....Ohhh Well :-(

I was glad to hear that this individual was found guilty and will get the punishment he deserves in this case. What a sad story all around. I hope her parents feel some peace that justice has finally been served.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...22/AR2010112203633_2.html?sid=ST2010112203913

Guandique, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador, also had scratches on his face at the time Levy disappeared and gave varying accounts to friends about how he got them, according to testimony.

Prosecutors argued that the scratches were a result of a struggle that he had with Levy in the park.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/11/22/104114/after-weekend-break-levy-jury.html

"It’s been an important Monday morning for me and my family," Levy's mother, Susan Levy, said shortly after the verdict was read. "It makes a difference to find the right person who was responsible for my daughter's death."

The whole comparison to the other women attacked seems off to me. Two women were attacked, drug down a hill, but escaped. Then Chandra's remains are found deep in the woods. A M-13 gang member can't/doesn't completely subdue two other women but can get one deep into the woods plus murder her? I don't know. Now if he got her down a hill then deep into the woods, maybe.

At the end of her statement, Susan Levy stood, turned to Guandique and loudly addressed him with an expletive before telling the judge, "That is all. Thank you."

I read/heard the actual quote from Susan Levy and was shocked at her foul tirade in the courtroom. While I sympathize with the Levy family and the sorrow surrounding the untimely death of their daughter/sister, Mrs. Levy's concluding remark was classless. jmo

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41578116/ns/politics/

WASHINGTON — The mother of Washington intern Chandra Levy said Monday she'd like to believe the man convicted of killing her daughter is actually responsible, but admits she has a sliver of doubt.
Asked if she felt 100 percent certain that Ingmar Guandique had been convicted of the crime, Susan Levy said on CBS' "The Early Show" that, "To be honest, I always have that 5 percent of not being sure."

At the end of her statement, Susan Levy stood, turned to Guandique and loudly addressed him with an expletive before telling the judge, "That is all. Thank you."

I read/heard the actual quote from Susan Levy and was shocked at her foul tirade in the courtroom. While I sympathize with the Levy family and the sorrow surrounding the untimely death of their daughter/sister, Mrs. Levy's concluding remark was classless. jmo

BBM. Her remarks were "classless"? Good thing I wasn't in that position, then you would see "classless".

At any rate, I'm on page 127 of Finding Chandra by Scott Higham and Sari Horwitz. So far, in this book, Condit doesn't look real good. The DC cops don't look too good either. The "convicted", Guandique, also looks pretty bad. But...sometimes looks are deceiving - sometimes thing happen to expose other things, in this case I believe a lot of things may have been exposed. The question is - do we sit back and accept what we have told, or do we dig deeper into everything and everyone that is connected to this case? I believe there is a superficial story, then infinite levels beneath that.

So, the Chandra Levy case is "solved"? I do not think so, but this is only my opinion.

New twist in Chandra Levy murder case

WASHINGTON — Another kink and some new secrets have entered the Chandra Levy murder mystery more than 11 years after the former Modesto, Calif. resident disappeared.

On Friday, prosecutors and defense attorneys wrangled in a secret session for nearly two hours following discovery of information that could undermine a prosecution witness. At present, though, it’s impossible to know whether this latest twist could seriously call into question the outcome of a trial that ended with a conviction in November 2010. ................

“I have concluded that both the last court proceeding and today’s proceeding will remain under seal,” D.C. Superior Court Judge Gerald I. Fisher stated following the closed-door hearing Friday afternoon, though he added that “they may be unsealed at some point in the future.”.................

Fisher did not elaborate Friday on his reasons for keeping the entire hearing closed, but his decision followed a request from the U.S. Attorney’s office. Prosecutors, in brief public remarks last month, asserted that public disclosure of the witness information and the reasons for keeping it secret posed a potential safety risk............

The case is on appeal, with Guandique’s defense attorneys complaining about statements made by the lead prosecutor as well alleged sharing of notes by jurors. The formal appellate brief, spelling out Guandique’s arguments in depth, is now due next month

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/01/04/179076/new-twist-in-chandra-levy-murder.html#storylink=cpy

A judge has been holding secret hearings in the case of the man convicted in the 2001 killing of intern Chandra Levy.

Court records show the hearings have been held over the last few weeks behind closed doors but neither prosecutors nor defense lawyers have revealed the purpose of the sessions.

Bill Miller, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office that is handling the case, declined to comment Friday.

Several media organizations, including The Associated Press, are petitioning to open the proceedings. The next hearing takes place on February 7 in D.C. Superior Court.
http://www.indystar.com/viewart/201...cret-hearings-in-case-of-Chandra-Levy-slaying

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ington-intern-chandra-levy?lite&ocid=msnhp&=4
Secret hearings held in killing of Washington intern Chandra Levy
Hearings have been held for the past several weeks, with neither prosecutors nor defense lawyers revealing their purpose, according to court records obtained by AP. The next hearing will be on Feb. 7 in D.C. Superior Court; The AP and several other media organizations are petitioning to open the proceedings.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57565798/chandra-levy-conviction-may-be-thrown-out/
Chandra Levy conviction may be thrown out
It took years to find and convict the killer of Chandra Levy - a young, attractive Capitol Hill intern - but now that conviction could be thrown out.

Last month, federal prosecutors in the Chandra Levy case went before a judge and made a bombshell disclosure: Ingmar Guandique had been convicted of Levy's murder with the help of a witness whose credibility is now in doubt.

Citing safety concerns raised, the judge sealed court records and issued a gag order.

Susan Levy, Chandra Levy's mother, said, "The attorneys cannot even go in along with the people who are reporters or news people."
More... Video included...

What happens if the conviction falls apart because of botched testimony? Do we immediately suspect Condit again?

What happens if the conviction falls apart because of botched testimony? Do we immediately suspect Condit again?

Good question Squeaky.

I've always had the feeling Chandra's mother still suspected Condit in her death after all was said and done. Nothing she said but it is how she reacted that made me think this way. Back at the beginning of the case there were things written about Condit that were simply awful. Things found under his bed for instance. Who knows if those tales were truth, but I think of him now as a guy who slinked away with his tail between his legs, breathing a big sigh of relief when this Mr Guandique came into the picture.

I guess I would like to learn much more about what happened and was really going on when Chandra died. MOO

My husband told me recently he read the Chandra Levy case has been reopened, suggesting the idea the person tried and convicted for this murder may not be the one.

Court has secret hearings. No evidence ever presented to represent lack of guilt for the convicted man. Apparently, the court has a witness that might shed a totally different light on this closed case.

Anyone else read or heard about this? :waitasec:

gaia

Chandra Levy Case Reopened; Judge Holds Hearings Behind Closed Doors

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/new...ehind-closed-doors-88885/#LDzUdQ6KWrfVAV5X.99

----------------------------

Chandra Levy Murder: Closed Hearings on New Questions

By PIERRE THOMAS (@PierreTABC) and JACK DATE

Jan. 24, 2013

---- TEXT & VIDEO ----

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/questions-chandra-levy-case-closed-hearings-held/story?id=18307190

Thanks. I wonder what the closed hearings mean? They have her killer? They don't have the killer? They suspect someone else involved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back