DC DC - Davante Richardson, 28, vehicle found 1600 miles away in Wyoming, 22 Jul 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 8, 2024
One of the key pieces of evidence in Richardson’s case is his vehicle that was found parked on the side of an unpaved bentonite mining road. It showed no sign of mechanical issues.

In it were Richardson’s digital equipment, including at least one cellphone and two laptops, as well as a charging cord, Blackburn said.

Missing were his clothing, a travel bag, wallet, bank cards or other forms of personal identification. There have been no transactions or activity on his bank accounts since Richardson disappeared.

What struck Blackburn the most was the condition of the vehicle, which he said was immaculate inside. Despite having traveled nonstop for more than 24 hours, there were no fast-food wrappers or other garbage in the vehicle typically indicative of cross-country road trips.

I wish they'd include whether or not they found fingerprints. I think someone wiped the car clean of evidence of someone other than DR.

SEP 8, 2024
One of the key pieces of evidence in Richardson’s case is his vehicle that was found parked on the side of an unpaved bentonite mining road. It showed no sign of mechanical issues.

In it were Richardson’s digital equipment, including at least one cellphone and two laptops, as well as a charging cord, Blackburn said.

Missing were his clothing, a travel bag, wallet, bank cards or other forms of personal identification. There have been no transactions or activity on his bank accounts since Richardson disappeared.

What struck Blackburn the most was the condition of the vehicle, which he said was immaculate inside. Despite having traveled nonstop for more than 24 hours, there were no fast-food wrappers or other garbage in the vehicle typically indicative of cross-country road trips.
From the article: "Thus far, there has been one unverified sighting of Richardson at a gas station about 150 miles south from where his vehicle was found. A witness reported seeing a man resembling Richardson get into the passenger side of a Jeep while a woman got into the driver’s seat, according to the FBI."
So it seems like the sighting is likely mistaken identity. If his route had him going through SD and over the mountain, he wouldn't have been anywhere near a gas station 150 miles south of Greybull.

Davante’s case is the latest FBI ViCAP missing persons alert, released last week. Link here. Isn't ViCAP for violent crimes? Kinda odd IMO that this case would be included since there seems to be such little information. The release does include this tidbit, “Richardson was believed to have been sighted at a gas station 150 miles south from where his vehicle was located on July 26, 2020. The witness says Richardson entered the passenger side of his Jeep while a white female entered the driver’s seat,” which I don’t remember being in any MSM piece I’ve read about Davante’s disappearance since I started following it. Is this new? I’m going through articles about Davante and haven’t seen anything besides the ViCAP release that mentions this mystery woman.

Sorry for bad formatting, I’m totally not typing this on my personal phone at work. I promise.

Im inclined to also believe this "sighting" was a red herring - if we follow the route LE have documented Devante as traveling he was never 150 miles south of Greybull (Big Horn County, WY.)

Moo. Hmmmmm.

Search continues for D.C. man missing for six months | Basin Republican Rustler, Greybull Standard, Lovell Chronicle

Feb 11

A little more than six months have passed since the discovery of an abandoned vehicle on an off-the- beaten-path haul road east of Greybull, and investigators are still no closer to solving the mystery of what became of Devante Richardson.

The 28-year-old resident of Washington, D.C., told family members on Monday, July 20, that he was “going to see his buddy” — believed to be Kanye West, whom, it should be noted, he’d never met. That was the last time
any of them saw or heard from him.

He was reported missing on Wednesday, July 22.

Five days later, on Monday, July 27, Richardson’s dark-colored Jeep Compass was found nearly 2,000 miles away — on a dirt road about “six to eight miles as the crow flies” from Greybull. It’s not uncommon to see bentonite trucks using the road. But to passersby, a vehicle with Washington, D.C., plates appeared out of the ordinary.

Angela Lassiter didn’t know Davante Richardson, but she latched onto his case soon after it was reported.

In talking with Davante’s family and others, she’s been able to piece together an investigation of her own. For example, she said she knows that two cellphones and a laptop as well as the keys were found inside the vehicle.

From the link above, X marks the location of his Jeep

Screen%20Shot%202021-02-11%20at%209.22.09%20AM.png

ETA Also snipped...
...“We spent the better part of the fall out there, using a helicopter, drones, riding it on horseback and walking it on foot — we found nothing.”

Nate Kreider, a sheriff’s deputy, has been the lead investigator on the case.

He said a K-9 from Park County was brought in as well, but it, too, failed to find any trace of Davante.

Both men are confident that Richardson was not and is not within a six-mile radius of where his vehicle was found.

Which begs the question: If not there, then where?

Last edited:
SEP 8, 2024

Snipped...
New leads generated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is working hand-in-hand with the Big Horn Sheriff’s Office and the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C., have helped clarify Richardson’s route on the 1,600-mile trip to Wyoming, where his digital footprint ended in Big Horn County.

Initially, it was believed that Richardson traveled through Nebraska, but advanced technology used by the FBI now suggests he drove through the highline of South Dakota into Buffalo and through the Big Horn Mountains, according to Big Horn County Sheriff Ken Blackburn.

ETA fixed map Buffalo, WY to Dresser Haul Rd:

Last edited:
From the link above, X marks the location of his Jeep

Screen%20Shot%202021-02-11%20at%209.22.09%20AM.png

ETA Also snipped...
...“We spent the better part of the fall out there, using a helicopter, drones, riding it on horseback and walking it on foot — we found nothing.”

Nate Kreider, a sheriff’s deputy, has been the lead investigator on the case.

He said a K-9 from Park County was brought in as well, but it, too, failed to find any trace of Davante.

Both men are confident that Richardson was not and is not within a six-mile radius of where his vehicle was found.

Which begs the question: If not there, then where?
I think they are overly optimistic about being certain he’s not within a 6 mile radius. That area is so difficult to navigate. He may be further away but my opinion is he was lost, no cell reception, got out of his car, maybe fell and was injured and eventually succumbed to his injuries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher
Back