GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't discuss the reason he got a hotel room as it is pertinent to the investigation hmmm

Just checking on this PR firm comment - who is using, do you know? Kim or OH family? Hopefully they only recently hired one, because if anything, there sure hasn't been much in the news, active promoting this crime and finding the suspect, it appears. One would think a PR firm would want to be promoting the "help find the murderer" in the DC area..................or, not.........?

It's just so quiet! Or, is there more happening locally? But if so, y'all are so good at posting everything.

JMO, but if this happened to my family, I'd be expecting more public activities to keep it in the news, etc. Maybe they have their own suspect in mind?

Gary Meltz
MELTZ Communications

http://www.meltzcommunications.com/principal/
http://www.meltzcommunications.com/what-we-do/

Hired by the Family Per: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...hmitt-hotel-washington-forest-hills/23280839/

So in about the last week's time, we've seen movement:

D - takes down FB comments from DM's FB page
D - takes down fundraising page

Now this public plea for help in finding a female suspect

So in about the last week's time, we've seen movement:

D - takes down FB comments from DM's FB page
D - takes down fundraising page

Now this public plea for help in finding a female suspect

May i add...her fb has gone poof!

Not sure if the body being found on the bed is accurate; According to a search warrant, Messerschmitt was found laying on the floor, with stab wounds to his back.

Note: Pat Collins is one of the best DC crime reporters and he is leading the coverage for WRC (NBC 4). I tend to find him far more credible than WUSA's reporter.

I wondered about that because I thought he was on the floor but the reporter said bed.....also I wonder if DNA shows a female and that is why they say this.

IMO, KV was trying too hard to conjure up tears. Why sniffle when you aren't crying? She did not shed a single tear, but kept sniffling. I can understand no tears, but I don't understand the attempts to appear to be crying when you aren't.

I can recall another case here (out of Canada) late last year of a missing man and we all pretty much suspected his wife, who shed no tears or what we considered crocodile tears in TV interviews. Turns out, he killed himself and she was innocent. So I try to not put too much weight on that these days. Totality of evidence, sure, but not just that. IMO

Well, once again, a little lesson for old Aunt Roses. I was *positive* the POI was a male. So there you go....humpfh.
Mea culpa!

Here's a hint: Give me a "D", give me an "A", give me a "P" (I'd better stop before I get in trouble). I don't know this for certain but it took my hinky meter way up when I saw her picture and comments, before they got deleted, of course. And it was only half of her face!

I know many of us had an eyebrow raising experience when we saw the pic in question. Everyone seems hinky and suspect with a case like this. It would be a good thing for this woman to get her self off the hinky list as quickly as possible, because....it does look hinky.

Hands on shoulder, patting during the statement when she started to become emotional. So sad. I don't know what to think.

Horrible your husband is murdered, and then add the humiliation of these circumstances....poor woman.
I still can't shake the impression that this looked like a "professional" military precision mission. Doesn't look like some agitated lover. Looks cool, well thought out, right down to pulling the mask over the face. Professional.
But then again,I'm the one who thought this was a dude....so there ya go.

Horrible your husband is murdered, and then add the humiliation of these circumstances....poor woman.
I still can't shake the impression that this looked like a "professional" military precision mission. Doesn't look like some agitated lover. Looks cool, well thought out, right down to pulling the mask over the face. Professional.
But then again,I'm the one who thought this was a dude....so there ya go.

I totally agree with you. It seemed very cold and calculated. The video of the POI gives me the creeps like none other I've ever seen.

I totally agree with you. It seemed very cold and calculated. The video of the POI gives me the creeps like none other I've ever seen.

Looks like what I would imagine a paid "hit" to look like. Very "professional".

Here's a hint: Give me a "D", give me an "A", give me a "P" (I'd better stop before I get in trouble). I don't know this for certain but it took my hinky meter way up when I saw her picture and comments, before they got deleted, of course. And it was only half of her face!

You're on the money, honey. Team WS are the best 'in the business'... :takeabow: :takeabow:

IMO, KV was trying too hard to conjure up tears. Why sniffle when you aren't crying? She did not shed a single tear, but kept sniffling. I can understand no tears, but I don't understand the attempts to appear to be crying when you aren't.
I don't really disagree with you and l would be shocked if the vast majority of those who view her statement on today's TV newscasts or online don't experience similar impressions as you.

Kim is the victim of public relations malpractice; the PR firm hired by the family failed them in every way:

- Written statement read verbatim:
The public has not heard from her before and to connect with the viewers she should have been advised to speak from the heart, communicating her pain, loss about David's murder and the helplessness & frustration she feels with the DC police. If she gets very emotional or cries hysterically, no problem as it will get people's attention. Having her read a prepared statement verbatim is the worst possible strategy because it comes across as cold, disinterested and not genuine.

Using the Messerschmitt family as background props:
If KV & DM's family are united then have at least one of DM's parents or siblings make a statement too. A widow and her mother in law pleading with the media, public and police to help ID the POI and catch David's killer is going to engage the viewers. KV's statement followed by scripted hugs came across really poorly and likely raises more questions than answers. Again, not the fault of KV or the M family; a failure by their PR team.

No public events or awareness campaign announced:
Something as simple as the family holding a rally in Thomas Circle during rush hour with the family holding banners with a huge photo of the POI with the words "Do you know this person?" and "Have you seen this person?" would be a logical way to engage both drivers and walkers in the area the POI has been before. No action items by KV & the M family is another failure of their PR team.

I don't really disagree with you and l would be shocked if the vast majority of those who view her statement on today's TV newscasts or online don't experience similar impressions as you.

Kim is the victim of public relations malpractice; the PR firm hired by the family failed them in every way:

- Written statement read verbatim:
The public has not heard from her before and to connect with the viewers she should have been advised to speak from the heart, communicating her pain, loss about David's murder and the helplessness & frustration she feels with the DC police. If she gets very emotional or cries hysterically, no problem as it will get people's attention. Having her read a prepared statement verbatim is the worst possible strategy because it comes across as cold, disinterested and not genuine.

Using the Messerschmitt family as background props:
If KV & DM's family are united then have at least one of DM's parents or siblings make a statement too. A widow and her mother in law pleading with the media, public and police to help ID the POI and catch David's killer is going to engage the viewers. KV's statement followed by scripted hugs came across really poorly and likely raises more questions than answers. Again, not the fault of KV or the M family; a failure by their PR team.

No public events or awareness campaign announced:
Something as simple as the family holding a rally in Thomas Circle during rush hour with the family holding banners with a huge photo of the POI with the words "Do you know this person?" and "Have you seen this person?" would be a logical way to engage both drivers and walkers in the area the POI has been before. No action items by KV & the M family is another failure of their PR team.

I like what you're saying. It's virtually impossible (for me) to empathize with a victim when they read a "prepared" statement. (Although some cases I've followed the prepared statements have been better than others).

Yes, I think it would have made quite a difference if we'd heard from other family members (even just a few words from the heart). At one point she shakes her head and says, "... and I have no answers" and each time I watch the video I keep wanting her to say "... and WE have no answers".

But heck, what do I know... I thought the POI was male :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member