DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like in every case we follow on SW, I'm glad when we can read the documents ourselves. And I intend to, right now!

jmo

The defendant used these lies to inflame and motivate the large and angry crowd of his supporters to march to the Capitol and disrupt the certification proceeding .......

As President, the defendant had no official responsibilities related to the states’ administration of the election or the appointment of their electors, and instead contacted state officials in his capacity as a candidate. Tellingly, the defendant contacted only state officials who were in his political party and were his political supporters, and only in states he had lost.

The defendant’s attempts to use deceit to target the states’ electoral process played out in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, as well as across these and other states that used certain voting machines.

Page 16 of the indictment

Important to note that every statement made in the indictment is backed up by references to specific videos, webpages, tweets, speeches, and other recordings.

Also, all of the redacted names are either CC1, CC2 etc - or P1, P2 etc.
Perhaps meaning co-conspirator 1, 2, 3 ... and person 1, 2, 3 ... ?

Some names are not redacted. Like Mike Pence's name. Maybe because he is not accused of any wrong doing and opted for no redaction protection?

Last edited:
Important to note that every statement made in the indictment is backed up by references to specific videos, webpages, tweets, speeches, and other recordings.

Some names are not redacted. Like Mike Pence's name. Maybe because he is not accused of any wrong doing and opted for no redaction protection?
It makes me sad all over again to read about Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss. The defendant and his co-conspirators told lies about the women and the defendant's supporters believed the lies:

"....the women were barraged by racist death threats....the defendant has never stopped falsely attacking ...Although none of the false claims against them were ever collaborated, the defendant has continued to levy them on social media..." ~ from pages 25-26 of the court document linked below.

The defendant is Trump.

Arizona .....

In the post-election period, P18 was harassed; on several occasions, individuals gathered outside P18 home with bullhorns and screamed and honked their vehicle horns to create noise. Once, an individual in visible possession of a pistol and wearing a t-shirt in support of a militia group came onto P18 property and screamed at him. At the time of these events, P18 daughter was at home and was very ill, and the noise caused her "disruption and angst".

Page 21 of the indictment

It would be hard to avoid identifying pence when discussing things a) he put in his book and b) include things only he could/did do, like certify, got rushed to safety. Whereas randos like p5, anyone could have said that, it
I'm reading the motion and CC1 is definitely Giuliani. It references a quote I remember hearing him say. Page 19: "no evidence but lots of theories."
ok, so this person p5 should have been charged, based on what I read. Maybe he has two designations, I hope someone who said that would be charged.

Last edited:
Pennsylvania ...

P48 - an agent of the defendant who worked closely with CC1 - issued a Tweet showing the four legislators' names and signatures and wrote, "These are the four cowardice Pennsylvania legislators that intend to allow the Democratic machine to #StealtheVote! #Cowards #Liars #Traitors" while linking to the legislators' Twitter accounts.

Page 40 of the indictment

Seems like the whole thing, in every contested state, resulted in bullying and threatening behaviour against those who did the RIGHT THING! imo

(And now I have to go to work and read the remaining 125 pages a bit later. I made sure that I saved the document, in case it suddenly disappears or something. :) )

Pages 59-60 regarding fake electors and J6, bbm:

"[T]he defendant and co-conspirators turned their attention to Pence...They lied to Pence, telling him there was substantial election fraud and concealing their orchestration of their plan to manufacture fraudulent elector slates, as well as their intention to use the fake slates to attempt to obstruct the congressional certification. And they lied to the public, falsely claiming that Pence had the authority during the certification proceeding to reject electoral votes, send them back to the states, or overturn the election - and that Pence agreed he had these boundless powers. With these lies, the defendant created the tinderbox that he purposely ignited on January 6."

Pages 59-60 regarding fake electors and J6, bbm:

"[T]he defendant and co-conspirators turned their attention to Pence...They lied to Pence, telling him there was substantial election fraud and concealing their orchestration of their plan to manufacture fraudulent elector slates, as well as their intention to use the fake slates to attempt to obstruct the congressional certification. And they lied to the public, falsely claiming that Pence had the authority during the certification proceeding to reject electoral votes, send them back to the states, or overturn the election - and that Pence agreed he had these boundless powers. With these lies, the defendant created the tinderbox that he purposely ignited on January 6."

This topic continued:

Page 62

"[T]he conspirators plotted to manipulate Pence...and worked in concert to enlist Pence to act unlawfully, and to rachet up public pressure from the defendant's supporters that he do so. The defendant began to directly and repeatedly pressure Pence at the same time he continued summoning his supporters to amass in Washingon, D.C., on the day of the congressional certification."

This topic continued:

Page 62

"[T]he conspirators plotted to manipulate Pence...and worked in concert to enlist Pence to act unlawfully, and to rachet up public pressure from the defendant's supporters that he do so. The defendant began to directly and repeatedly pressure Pence at the same time he continued summoning his supporters to amass in Washingon, D.C., on the day of the congressional certification."

Page 72:

On January 5, "at around 10:00 p.m. that night, the defendant issued a public statement, which read 'the Vice President and I are total agreement that the Vice President has the power to act' - a statement the defendant knew was a lie from Pence's repeated and firm rejections of his efforts."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back