DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember who was talking about the possibility that the mom was in the hospital giving birth...I don't think so, she has on FB on January 29th that she'd had a baby.

Your name makes me feel like I'm speaking to my mom ;)
I don't know where the confusion came from concerning a hospital stay and a new baby, I can only GUESS that because the shelter is a former hospital and she posted a photo of a newborn baby .. that's where.

Sounds like there has been no given reason why her mother simply handed her over to a man for care. Curious regarding a sudden increase in her money, unless it was a tax refund.

Edited to add regarding addiction:
Besides the obvious penchant for weed, the eyes make me wonder if heroin isn't a factor. I understand that things have happened and the entire family has ended up in a shelter, however it looks as though the system did step up and they have sort of a private residence at this shelter (looks like 1 big room but they have their own bathroom etc). The kids look well fed and clothed. Xmas looked bountiful, and I noticed most was donated but that doesn't matter - because the point is.. they weren't suffering. No, they weren't on their own so to speak but it doesn't seem to be much of a damper and within time they would have moved up the list for section 8 and transitioned out. At least during the time in the shelter the kids received medical care, education and were accounted for. Comparing photos from right before they sought the shelter till now, they are living better - at least cleaner. I'm very proud to see that happening but obviously there was no drug testing of the mother - and some shelters do require it if you're seeking gov assistance in housing. The father of at least the boys looks to have withered a bit in looks and she constantly looks vacant / high (she states she's high by her own admissions), I think its more than weed though. JMO.

You can look at the next few pictures (just click on the > at the right of the picture) to see the medical issue PB speaks of.

I'm not finding any posts by PB / photos that follow it...can anyone help point me in the right direction, please?

I can't find the moms facebook for the life of me-could someone please pm it to me?

I am afraid that the mom's latest hospital stint might be related to an influx of new money. :scared:

It happens! :(

I know someone already posted this, but how could the shelter let this happen???!!! I have worked in jobs with kids living in shelters. How did they not know she was given away and missing school? Family shelters for women and children usually have social workers in my experience. One of my student's social worker from the shelter was in contact with me almost everyday. . .right up until her, her little sister and her two, crappy, drug addicted parents dropped off the face of the earth. :tears:

I'm only finding some interestingly posed photos of her--no comments by anyone else...

The photo is not actually from that date, but if you go to that group of photos and go through them, start looking at the comments. It in the photos of a baby, maybe with a bottle. I am glad there was one person who was clearly aware and not scared to confront the issues!

I am afraid that the mom's latest hospital stint might be related to an influx of new money. :scared:

It happens! :(

I know someone already posted this, but how could the shelter let this happen???!!! I have worked in jobs with kids living in shelters. How did they not know she was given away and missing school? Family shelters for women and children usually have social workers in my experience. One of my student's social worker from the shelter was in contact with me almost everyday. . .right up until her, her little sister and her two, crappy, drug addicted parents dropped off the face of the earth. :tears:

I won't start on a rant, but seriously we could talk shop - I'm curious about the capacity of this shelter. With it being an old hospital, I'm assuming a wing is being used and not the entire thing? If the whole building is being used then that's rather large and easy to dodge people. I'm wondering if there's an understaffing issue and parents doing the ole cps shuffle (kid is at grandparents, at school, with dad, with auntie..) as excuses why she wasn't available.

Is it prove that mom was at the hospital? I don't know that it was. When you say getting more money from being in the hospital, are you talking about disability? She wouldn't have received disability payment that quickly, and I feel like she's already getting the max assitance allowed by the state with being homeless, awaiting housing, on tanf, foodstamps and medicaid plus free schooling. I would speculate that if she's ever been diagnosed with a mental illness and did the 7 days inpatient then she's maybe already on ssi and disability. That latter part is speculation, the rest is pretty par for the course (their xmas was donated - they are considered destitute). So that makes the sudden bit of cash, new shoes and parading of JUST the younger siblings rather strange.

Notice that she's flashing the boys and not her daughter after a certain date and there's no fb posts indicating she misses her, is looking for her or that she herself is ill. She only posts about wanting to smoke weed and being with what I'm assuming is her lovers.

The photo is not actually from that date, but if you go to that group of photos and go through them, start looking at the comments. It in the photos of a baby, maybe with a bottle. I am glad there was one person who was clearly aware and not scared to confront the issues!

The world needs more PBs.

Oh wait, per mom's facebook - on Jan 30th she states she's had another child - a daughter. However, we do not see her being pregnant in photos prior and there are NO current photos of the lil' girl (only the sons). Curious if the baby is really hers or if it was taken by the state? strange. The photo was posted the 29th. There is a huge lull on her posts where it's obvious a spam host took over and after this baby photo is posted she's back up and posting almost daily, but there is virtually no mention of the new arrival. There's at most 3 or 4 days between posts in Feb and nothing very recent. I'm not getting a good feeling about this.

I wanted to add that she states on Feb 7th that she only has 4 children, so that would either make her not counting the new child or the new child isn't hers.

There's a picture of a tiny baby eating from a bottle in February. She refers to the baby as her niece. I'm confused!
Oh wait, per mom's facebook - on Jan 30th she states she's had another child - a daughter. However, we do not see her being pregnant in photos prior and there are NO current photos of the lil' girl (only the sons). Curious if the baby is really hers or if it was taken by the state? strange.

Your name makes me feel like I'm speaking to my mom ;)
I don't know where the confusion came from concerning a hospital stay and a new baby, I can only GUESS that because the shelter is a former hospital and she posted a photo of a newborn baby .. that's where.

Sounds like there has been no given reason why her mother simply handed her over to a man for care. Curious regarding a sudden increase in her money, unless it was a tax refund.

Edited to add regarding addiction:
Besides the obvious penchant for weed, the eyes make me wonder if heroin isn't a factor. I understand that things have happened and the entire family has ended up in a shelter, however it looks as though the system did step up and they have sort of a private residence at this shelter (looks like 1 big room but they have their own bathroom etc). The kids look well fed and clothed. Xmas looked bountiful, and I noticed most was donated but that doesn't matter - because the point is.. they weren't suffering. No, they weren't on their own so to speak but it doesn't seem to be much of a damper and within time they would have moved up the list for section 8 and transitioned out. At least during the time in the shelter the kids received medical care, education and were accounted for. Comparing photos from right before they sought the shelter till now, they are living better - at least cleaner. I'm very proud to see that happening but obviously there was no drug testing of the mother - and some shelters do require it if you're seeking gov assistance in housing. The father of at least the boys looks to have withered a bit in looks and she constantly looks vacant / high (she states she's high by her own admissions), I think its more than weed though. JMO.

bbm

She actually posted the results - a picture of them on FB.

Regarding the comment made on this article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/dc-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old-girl-find-body-of-woman-linked-to-case/2014/03/20/a3af95b6-b043-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_allComments.html

I dont doubt it but I cannot find anything. Of course their department of correction searches arent as extensive as Georgia, so maybe that is the issue.. I cannot find any prison records though, can any of you?

I searched MD and DC, and found nothing on Tatum. I did find criminal records for his wife, though...

Oh wait, per mom's facebook - on Jan 30th she states she's had another child - a daughter. However, we do not see her being pregnant in photos prior and there are NO current photos of the lil' girl (only the sons). Curious if the baby is really hers or if it was taken by the state? strange. The photo was posted the 29th. There is a huge lull on her posts where it's obvious a spam host took over and after this baby photo is posted she's back up and posting almost daily, but there is virtually no mention of the new arrival. There's at most 3 or 4 days between posts in Feb and nothing very recent. I'm not getting a good feeling about this.

I wanted to add that she states on Feb 7th that she only has 4 children, so that would either make her not counting the new child or the new child isn't hers.

I believe the baby belongs to a friend sometime in her January timeline she made reference to one of her friends giving birth to a little girl.

I believe the baby belongs to a friend sometime in her January timeline she made reference to one of her friends giving birth to a little girl.

that's what I figured too but wanted to bring it up since it's confusing everyone, I think even those who've not found the page. I still don't know where her being in a hospital comes from. I can't find anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill