DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, an IP address can also be assigned to your wireless router, and multiple devices can be logged on simultaneously. MAC addresses are assigned to individual devices, but they ARE accessible, by google, and LE.

There is a current case involving the FBI regarding this subject. However the redacted affidavit contains such disturbing details, I can't link it. The complaintant was able to enlist the FBI's help after receiving these messages on a social networking site - and the MAC address was traced.

Besides, with a subpoena, and the inherent make-up of the OSI model, this makes sense. You'd be surprised how much data and metadata are stored, ESPECIALLY by google, aka "Scroogled."

Do a search on "badgerherald.com FBI Special Agent Malia Pereira Ragsdale" if you want to find the affidavit PDF.
Just read the affidavit and the way it played out in that case was this:
  • They got the IP address from ask.com, where the threat was posted
  • They traced that IP address down to a block owned by the University and contacted the administrative contact for that CIDR block
  • The university traced their logs and crossreferenced it to a university user account that was using that IP at the same time
  • LE used this to obtain a search warrant for his premesis
I addressed the "IP address assigned to wireless router" in my post by saying "which could be a proxy server or gateway that his actual device was sitting behind".

Regarding the OSI model, MAC is at layer 2 (data link) and IP is at layer 3 (network). Servers do receive a MAC address as part of every frame, but it will be the MAC address of the last router that passed the packet. In the above case ask.com wouldn't have been able to give the MAC address, but they led LE to the university who could, because the student was behind the campus network router.

I suspect LE worked Relisha's case through the same method as above: They first asked Google for the IP addresses used by Kahlil, found out who was responsible for administering those blocks, then contacted them and made a request for their logs. Google will not be able to give LE any of Kahlil Tatum's MAC addresses (though they may have them from finding devices in the home search), but it tells them who else to ask for MAC addresses. They would very likely not need a warrant to follow up with a hotel or internet cafe, because these places are much more cooperative with LE/the government than Google.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the reason they got some of this hotel footage was because logs from Google led them to various hotels, which they then asked for evidence.

I want to see pictures of those others at the motel. Why is it taking so long to release them?

No, that's not what she said, which is why I mentioned it earlier in the thread. She said he did not leave the area EXCEPT those times that she already discussed earlier- aka, Richmond, I believe. I don't know if we can get a direct transcript of that part of the presser, but that is why I mentioned it. To leave out the except part leaves out a big factor.
Her wording is "We have no reason to believe he left the region with the exception of those things we talked about early on...uh...short trips not too far out of the area. I think we are confident about his travel patterns."

It is at 6:35:08 on this video: http://www.myfoxdc.com/video?clipId=10014992&autoStart=true#axzz2xriee7Cd

I wouldn't consider 100 miles as being a short trip.

Richmond is about 1 hour 45 min-2 hours from here (DC). But Chief Lanier said she's confident he didn't leave the region, and Richmond is not considered DC region/metro since it's over 100 miles away. So, I'm thinking he didn't go to Richmond.

Actually she did not say that. She said they have no reason to believe that he left the region with the EXCEPTION of those things they talked about early on.
This Chief has been fantastic compared to other cases I personally have followed. She states things clearly and right to the point.

On that note, she has never said "someone made calls from his phone in the Gilpin Court area." What was said was "HE made phone calls from his phone in the Gilpin Court area." It's pretty obvious it was him in Richmond, on both days, IMHO. :twocents:

Definitely. A few of us were discussing this in the Parking Lot and one WS member hit upon a gem but we stopped digging/discussing in that direction. I think it will all start unraveling. KT and his team were probably small members of a bigger ring spanning outside the DC area. I would love to know when the passports were obtained and who they were for (KT/AT?) and what countries he visited on those passports if any.

I really need to go check that thread out. You have me curious if perhaps you all found the same thing I found or something along those lines anyway. Hmm... yeah... and now I'm wondering if I might have missed something too.

Did we know this? If we did I missed it. Tatum purchased a swimsuit for Relisha

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/inv...14/04/03/relisha-rudd-swimsuit-motel/7271399/
I didn't know about a swimsuit purchase, but we don't know who bought it or if the family is even telling the truth.

From the article:

An aunt and the grandmother say Tatum stopped by on March 1st, which would be the last time they would see Relisha.

During the visit, Relisha dropped off the swimsuit Tatum purchased, which family members say is now in the possession of the FBI.

She wasn't reported missing until several weeks later.

The relatives say it wasn't unusual for Tatum to purchase gifts for the girl or for them to spend days on end together unsupervised.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/inv...14/04/03/relisha-rudd-swimsuit-motel/7271399/

BBM

With all due respect, an IP address can also be assigned to your wireless router, and multiple devices can be logged on simultaneously. MAC addresses are assigned to individual devices, but they ARE accessible, by google, and LE.

There is a current case involving the FBI regarding this subject. However the redacted affidavit contains such disturbing details, I can't link it. The complaintant was able to enlist the FBI's help after receiving these messages on a social networking site - and the MAC address was traced.

Besides, with a subpoena, and the inherent make-up of the OSI model, this makes sense. You'd be surprised how much data and metadata are stored, ESPECIALLY by google, aka "Scroogled."

Do a search on "badgerherald.com FBI Special Agent Malia Pereira Ragsdale" if you want to find the affidavit PDF.

BBM. ITA. The make-up of the OSI model makes it possible to collect tons of info at several levels...and for LE, with subpoena of course, they can access and track, pretty much whatever they want! So can hackers, if a network isn't properly secured at all 7 OSI layers (kinda OT, but just my IT :twocents:)

Actually she did not say that. She said they have no reason to believe that he left the region with the EXCEPTION of those things they talked about early on.
This Chief has been fantastic compared to other cases I personally have followed. She states things clearly and right to the point.

On that note, she has never said "someone made calls from his phone in the Gilpin Court area." What was said was "HE made phone calls from his phone in the Gilpin Court area." It's pretty obvious it was him in Richmond, on both days, IMHO. :twocents:

I really need to go check that thread out. You have me curious if perhaps you all found the same thing I found or something along those lines anyway. Hmm... yeah... and now I'm wondering if I might have missed something too.

Yes. I am not sure why this keeps getting debated...Chief Lanier was very clear in her pressers. jmo

Do you have a link for that statement about the phone calls?

In reference to the article I posted above. Yes Family could be lying about the bathing suit purchase. Family did state the bathing suit was in the possession of FBI. It would be interesting to know for sure. If it's a lie then happy they are still yacking and digging an even bigger hole for themselves.

Right, that's what I've been thinking the whole time. Someone else took that phone and truck to Richmond. That's why I've been trying to get clarity on the dates. But, did that phone then travel on to Atlanta?

I dont believe it did. Atlanta came up on two occasions.

Once was when Mom told the school Relisha went to a medical convention with Tatum over the weekend of March 7-9th to address her headaches.

(Other WSers checked, and there was no such conference, and I don't believe LE has confirmed that KT made any trip to Atlanta.)

The other time it came up was when LE released that KT has connections to Atlanta, and they spread the Amber Alert to that area for a period of time.

I think this is going to go much much deeper than just Tatum.

I also agree.

I think Tatum was just one little cog in a very big wheel. I think that somewhere he figured that he was going to go into business for himself as a supplier of children; for pictures and/or for trafficking.

I just can't figure out how the late night meeting on the 19th and his wife ending up dead fits into this.

If he finally figured out, due to the school counselor looking for him on Thursday afternoon of the 19th, that LE would be onto him very soon.
Possibly three things:
#1. There was no way he could get Relisha back because he had already sold her and didn't know where or who she was with anymore.
The meeting was to see if there was a way to find her. [This would be a possible reason to make a trip to the Richmond area]
#2. There was no way he could produce Relisha to get LE off his back because she was already dead (I really didn't want to even type that) and he needed to disappear. [This would work with the Garbage bags, shovel and lime purchase]
The meeting was to talk someone into hiding him from LE.
#3. He had already been given money up front to provide this poor little girl to a buyer and now he was not going to be able to (because she ended up dead during a grooming session) and he was going to see if he could maybe come up with enough money to get himself out of this.
The meeting was to plan a crime to get money.

As far as his wife being killed:
#1. He really though he would be able to talk her into being okay with his new business venture. She said H3!! NO.
#2. He thought his wife would help him get money and she said NO.
#3. He found that his wife already knew way more than he thought she did and he knew she would talk.

All ways, she became a liability and he killed her.

Now he was really in deep, called someone who he felt he could trust to keep their mouth shut to come and pick him up, figuring he was several days ahead of LE and planed on just disappearing. The area was locked down faster than he counted on and he couldn’t get out, he hid for awhile, and with the amount of the reward money being offered felt that someone would eventually talk and finally killed himself.

The problem is I can't come up with a reasonable theory that would take into account both the buying of the garbage bags, etc on March 2nd and a trip to Richmond on the 19th, unless the trip to Richmond was to purchase a gun. The only other way both things would work is if Tatum planned that far in advance to kill his wife. But then why kill her at a motel where you have been seen with her? :banghead:

Knowing who the three people who were at that hotel in Oxon Hill that night would go a long way into figuring out where Relisha is. :twocents:

I didn't know about a swimsuit purchase, but we don't know who bought it or if the family is even telling the truth.

From the article:

An aunt and the grandmother say Tatum stopped by on March 1st, which would be the last time they would see Relisha.

During the visit, Relisha dropped off the swimsuit Tatum purchased, which family members say is now in the possession of the FBI.

She wasn't reported missing until several weeks later.

The relatives say it wasn't unusual for Tatum to purchase gifts for the girl or for them to spend days on end together unsupervised.

BBM

This March 1st thing has me wondering.
IF this is the last time Relisha was seen, why wouldn't LE come out and say she was last seen March 1st by her grandparent in the company of Tatum??
It seems like if this was it, they would've released that information a while ago. I have to think there was an additional time she was seen on March 1st that they have NOT released yet that is less innocent.

Where would you go shopping for a child's swimsuit in February ?

FWIW, my local Target starts selling bathing suits in February for spring break and what-not. I would assume Wal-Mart and other similar stores would do the same around February.

Where would you go shopping for a child's swimsuit in February ?

Not sure about that area but where I live (winter climate) one can find a small selection in winter. For those travelling to warmer climates. I have seen them here is places such as Walmart.

A comment made in this video by the host just made me query my own thought process on this...

http://www.wusa9.com/

"There was a relationship that spanned over a year, where Tatum gained the trust of the mother, aunt and grandmother."

Something isn't sitting right for me. From all accounts this man spoiled Relisha with the love and gifts she wasn't getting from her own family. Now of course it appears that he was grooming her, which breaks my heart. I am having trouble putting this into the right words, but I guess the question I am asking is, would someone take 12 months to foster a relationship and gain the trust of a family, to either take the child for the own use or to sell the child. It seems like a very long time to put a plan in place especially for a group of people that never seem to know what they are doing or where they will be one day from the next. I guess my question is does anyone think that this was planned from the get go, or a spur of the moment situation?

I also believe that there will be several more key players in this brought out in the next couple of days that are heavily involved. Reason for this thinking is, if you have a dead perp there would be no problems in releasing all the information you have because it will not jeaopardise any future charges. There are obviously, to me, other people who are being investigated beyond SY.

Apologies for the rambling, but I just can't seem to get any of this to sit straight in my head.

I had to stop following this case for a bit. It makes me so, so very angry. I've had to stop myself several times from messaging SY on facebook and letting her know exactly what I think of her. It's so heartbreaking to me that there are people in the world who would treat their children like this. I work in OBGYN and have dozens of patients who are aching to have children. It is absolutely disgusting that people like SY can have multiple children and treat them with such disregard.

On a more positive note, I am in Northern VA about 25 min west of DC, and I have seen posters for Relisha at Harris Teeter, the post office, and the building I work in. At least strangers care about her safety and care about finding her.

Fingers crossed for you, sweetheart. I hope you are found ASAP and find a new home with people who will love you, care for you, and protect you. I myself would love to have you in my home. We could do each othetr's hair, watcch funny YouTube videos, and my son could teach you to play all the coolest video games. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak