DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The government had nothing to do with Relisha's disappearance. The blame falls squarely on her family members' shoulders. As it should, imo.

Actually the government has child protective agencies like cps , that did nothing to help Relisha or her siblings till she was gone. They do bare responsibility in this as well.

Actually the government has child protective agencies like cps , that did nothing to help Relisha or her siblings till she was gone. They do bare responsibility in this as well.

No, not really.

Her own mother handed her off to the creepy custodian that liked to pass out $20 dollar bills to the little girls in the shelter, so she could spend the night with him in various hotels. Her mother didn't send her to school and when the school tried to investigate, she LIED to them!

Relisha's mother refused to report her missing. So how can that possibly be the governments fault?

After I read on here earlier, I went out and on the way back home I stopped at my mailbox. I had a coupon flyer that features a missing child each month. Guess who is featured this month?! It was our own sweet Relisha! I'm excited because her picture and info are getting out there. I'm in Indiana, so it's reaching other states. The more publicity for this dear child, the better. I hope someone will remember seeing her.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:​

After I read on here earlier, I went out and on the way back home I stopped at my mailbox. I had a coupon flyer that features a missing child each month. Guess who is featured this month?! It was our own sweet Relisha! I'm excited because her picture and info are getting out there. I'm in Indiana, so it's reaching other states. The more publicity for this dear child, the better. I hope someone will remember seeing her.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:​
Awww YEA ! Thank you for sharing. That makes me so happy that her face is somewhere besides the pages on this thread !

Find Relisha !

Just got home from our first night at youth group. My little one led the prayer and asked God to Bring Home Relisha and Sierra and look after all the Missing Angels. I cried because she said it on her own.

Baby :websleuther: she is indeed.

From her lips to His ears, I pray!

#FindRelisha!

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acting on tip, D.C. police renew search for 8-year-old Relisha Rudd in Kenilworth Park

"I found a black plastic bag, looked like it was cut up, and when I want to try and pull it up, it was hard to pull up so it took some force. Under that I found the handwriting that would probably match a 7- or 8-year-old child," Hackman said.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...d-relisha-rudd-in-kenilworth-park-107112.html

Acting on tip, D.C. police renew search for 8-year-old Relisha Rudd in Kenilworth Park

"I found a black plastic bag, looked like it was cut up, and when I want to try and pull it up, it was hard to pull up so it took some force. Under that I found the handwriting that would probably match a 7- or 8-year-old child," Hackman said.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...d-relisha-rudd-in-kenilworth-park-107112.html

Hey pops. :seeya:
I came here to post the same info. I should have known you wonderful sleuths would be all over it. I just love my WS' family.
:loveyou:

:tyou: popsicle!

I really hope Chief Lanier will come out with an official statement from LE soon. Even if it's just to say they're still working on it, and will update the public ASAP.

This latest activity is the perfect segue to do so - JMO.

Something, anything, to reassure the public that 1) Relisha matters and 2) LE cares. :please:

Because we here at WS sure do!

:heartluv: :candle:

:praying:

#FindRelisha

That is a strange little piece of a story, but I don't mind. I am glad she is being talked about again, even if it is for 34 seconds. Unacceptable to let her fade into nothingness. She matters.

She is not nothing. She is everything and she matters !

She is now like the literal ' poster child' in my mind for every little girl without a chance.
She is a little angel full of promise and value and kindness that the world needs.
She is hope and joy and we are ALL worse off without her.
Even though we would never meet her, we know her heart.
Her little brothers need her. What will become of them? What do they think now?
Do they believe she could come home one day?

Its kind of overwhelming to think how many just like her that we will never know about, it seems not many pay enough attention anymore, where are the Mrs kravits, the nosey neighbors of our time? Maybe NO one should mind their own business......

[h=1]D.C. police: Return search of Kenilworth Park yields no info on Relisha Rudd[/h]
“We followed up on the tip, and nothing additional was found,” said Officer Araz Alali, a police spokesman.

Alali said he could not say how long police were in the park Sunday or the exact details of the tip because Relisha’s case is still an “active investigation.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-b0ea-8141703bbf6f_story.html?wprss=rss_crime

Relisha is the "Have You Seen Me" case on the coupon packet I got in the mail today. Hope someone sees it and helps find her!!

We all carry Little Relisha in our hearts, in envelopes of hope, tied with bows of WebSleuthing. :heartluv: These are the ties that bind the veteran and novice :websleuther: together, intertwining us across the hills and valleys of this great nation, linking us across the oceans, spanning the globe. I really picture us as a family, a multicultural quilt, with different perspectives. Each thread takes effort, and helps to makes the quilt stronger.
:wave:

As the sun rises and sets each day, we all wish upon the same stars, and moon. The "drama" may have faded, and her story may have receded from the headlines, but all Relisha represents is still very fresh in our minds. The "Other Relisha's" - as the term was coined - resonated (with posts so deeply personal that I cried myself to sleep reading their stories) in a way I hadn't experienced in a very, very long time.

There is something about Relisha that touches on multiple issues found in the countless cases we sleuth here. The pain in her beautiful eyes, the unbelievable conditions she was exposed to before she vanished off the face of the earth, the painful life she lived on a daily basis with her siblings, her seeming need to just want to be loved, the absolute shining light she appeared to be, with all her promise, the life we all want her to have when she comes home, the list is as long as the tears I've cried for her....

:tears:

My daughters (age 7.5 and a few days shy of 11) both reached individual milestones today. Perhaps that is why I'm so emotional, knowing Relisha should be doing the same.

In particular, my eldest (the almost birthday girl) tried out for the flag football team. She was the only 6th grade girl to make the co-ed intramural team - and she made team captain AND quarterback. She ran out to me and her little sister, her braids flying in the wind, grinning from ear to ear.

"Mami! Mami! Guess what...?!"

As she wrapped her arms around me, I hugged her, closed my eyes, and tried to hide my tears behind my sunglasses. She's my height now (5'0"), and I saw Relisha in my mind's eye. The family group hug was absolutely priceless. Will Relisha ever get to feel this joy again? Will the boys? It crushes me. :cry:

These are the moments we live for as parents. It makes every sacrifice worthwhile, and I am SO proud of my kids! We don't have many "things" but we are rich in ways I can't explain.

I want Relisha to have a chance to know this life with her brothers. Until she is found, I refuse to believe this is too much to ask.

Where are you, BabyGirl?

#FindRelishaRudd

(My apologies for the long post) :blushing:

Beautiful simply beautiful. I can relate to everything you wrote. So many months later and checking this thread is part of my routine. I still hold hope because not doing so means giving up. When I visit the Disney store with my daughter I still think of this little Princess and hope for a fairy tale ending.

I think of all the other Relisha's who are forced to grow up too soon and wonder how do we make this stop? And on a larger scale - How do we stop the senseless crimes against children and others? Regardless of geography, race or religion - we are all in this world for such a short time. Spending time harming others is the biggest fail. I return to this community often and especially when I feel that evil is winning. When the Deceased updates get to be more frequent than Found Safe I wrap that large comfortable quilt you spoke of around me and take comfort that those here are out there.

Relisha is the "Have You Seen Me" case on the coupon packet I got in the mail today. Hope someone sees it and helps find her!!
She was featured for the 2nd consecutive week in the mailer I receive. I don't remember that happening before. Wonder if something is up? I hope someone will come forward with answers. Relisha needs to come home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.green
Back