DC DC - Robert Wone, 32, Washington DC, 2 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I the Consult podcast they said Joe’s life revolved around Dylan, and Victor’s life revolved around Joe.

Dylan had hoped to replace Victor as Joe’s husband, and Victor possibly put up with Dylan because he didn’t want to lose Joe. Dylan had expressed being bored (iirc). He wanted to add another partner. So Joe was seeking one out.

One thing Victor couldn’t be aware of was what violence Dylan was capable of. But Joe knew. If Joe wasn’t involved he likely thought that Dylan was responsible. As the practicing lawyer, he felt it was his job to protect Dylan. I think he feared losing Dylan more than Robert, imo. I think by asking about him, he was hoping the police would tell him what Dylan was saying in the other interview room. (Was he confessing?)

I’d have to verify this, I’m not sure if I heard it correctly—but Dylan and Joe had a BDSM contract. Joe was the submissive partner. So he complied with Dylan to a fault. Maybe that’s another reason he was asking for Dylan. Maybe he needed direction from him, depending on the terms of their agreement.

I've read the same in past news stories - that Dylan and Joe had a "relationship" and that Joe wanted to bring in a new partner. Dylan was alleged to be a very violent person, dangerous. Unlike Joe and Victor, Dylan didn't really have much education or skills. At the time he was "training" to be a chef, but had also trained to be a massage therapist. Perhaps what he had been doing in the past was a form of sex work - living with partners, having them pay the bills, etc. JMO

Last edited:
I’m new to following the case. I just listened to The Consult podcast, hosted by former FBI profilers. It’s excellent.
Im about to listen to this one, so good to know its worth the listen.
I know from other cases that the killer’s habits tend to carry over to the crime scene. A lawyer on the program said the house was unusually clean and organized. The spices in the spice drawer were organized alphabetically, for example. I don’t think they could stand to have any type of mess despite the predicament they were in.
Thats a good point, especially as they would have been thinking ahead in the staging about police etc coming into the house and seeing how their home looked. If they had a thing for being clean and organized, the idea of allowing blood on their carpets etc might have been too much. It had to be an overwhelming feeling for them to have done that though as they must have realised it wouldn't look like a natural crime scene.
The lawyer said they consulted with a BDSM expert who said that tarps or wading pools are typically used to contain —sorry— the result of violent sessions.
I had thought about the use of protective coverings, just struggled to word it nicely!
The married homeowners had biological children who visited the home and were known to play in a wading pool. That pool wasn’t found by police. He theorized that pool was used in the death or possible clean up. That might also explain why the hose was unraveled and the K9 searching for blood alerted on an outside drain.
It makes alot of sense that a pool was used and hosed off, and likely robert too was washed off in such a way so as not to transfer blood into and around the home. Feels like a cold way to deal with an accidental death in the short time scale, but as we know people can be cold.
I think it’s possibly D & J involved and R was simply used to looking the other way. I understand R & J are now separated, so I hope R speaks up.
Ah I wondered if they were still together as last update I saw was a couple years ago.
If it’s not anyone in the household directly involved, it may be J’s brother who was a person of interest, according to the podcast. He was a drug addict, but was also taking classes to be a phlebotomist. That might explain the various needle marks. He missed his class on the night of the murder.
Yes its certainly suspicious to me that he missed his class that night and happened to be training to be a phlebotomist.
He had a key to the home an burglarized it after the murder.
When I heard that, and it was said that J hadn't been keen on calling the police immediately, it did make my mind go down a certain path.

The Prosecutors podcast did a very good series on this case. There are a lot of assumptions that may have been incorrect. My own “wild arse guess” is that Dylan put something in Wone’s drink that caused him to fall asleep quickly. This may have be to play some BSMD “game” or as some sort of test for Joe. There are many drugs that could do that but wouldn’t turn up on most Tox screens. This drug accidentally either killed Wone or made him appear dead. The stabbing was done to stage the scene to make Wone appear to be the victim of an intruder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back