DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus they had all night to take the cars away, but the only one missing was the Porsche which was burned almost immediately. Doesn't make sense that the cars were the motivation.

I don't know that is true. There may be other cars missing. AFAIK we haven't heard anything about the Bentley and we don't know if they also had other cars we don't know about and their status.

Adding on to that...

if anyone thinks that if they were asking for the cars, that SS wouldn't have handed the keys over to everything they own, gift wrapped in solid gold if he could - I have a few bridges for sale!!!

I'm extremely curious what the neighbor saw that was so odd? And when the 3 cars were towed away (temporarily) it was speculated that the cars had been tampered with?
This is getting even more confusing!

I agree it's odd to have a car enthusiast's car and leave unregistered for over a year, taking up precious real estate in the garage. I would think if he just couldn't part with it but didn't intend to drive it, he might have had it stored off-site someplace. I also wonder why JW was driving it with an expired registration (recall the picture of it in the parking lot that he put on SM).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that JW took photos of the vehicle, posted them on the Internet and apparently stole the registration may well be the reason the car was currently parked in the garage rather than off-site.

JMO

I don't know that is true. There may be other cars missing. AFAIK we haven't heard anything about the Bentley and we don't know if they also had other cars we don't know about and their status.

I think if other cars were missing LE would have released that info so the public could help locate them.

This is interesting. I did not know that SS was going to have JW race the Mosler. Is it known where he was going to race it? When? Possibly out of country? JW having all that in his vehicle would make sense if he was getting ready to register for the race.

He drove it earlier this year...I am not entirely sure it was for an actual race, or if he just took it out for a "joy ride" at a track.

How would he know? Even I thought there would be a current registration.

That's probably what the LE's were looking for when at the home the other day. If I'm not mistaken, they left with a few bags and box of papers, docs.

How would he know? Even I thought there would be a current registration.

I'm saying it would be visually obvious that SS would see that paperwork gone and if he didn't know that would be the latest registration that would be all the less reason to steal it rather than serve as an incentive. If you take the only vehicle registration doc from your boss's car and you don't see that it's been replaced by a newer doc, that's pretty blatant.

My thanks button doesn't work when I am on my laptop.
Thank you for answering me. I misunderstood, I thought it was an up coming race.

It's no wonder this guy has not spoken to the media. Can you imagine how every single word he says would be completely picked apart. I would be hiding somewhere if i was him. And sadly if he is not involved (so far i don't see him as being involved) he has had to miss the funeral of people that he may have dearly cared for. Can you imagine if he had shown up at the funeral....OMG he would have been destroyed and it would have taken away from the funeral.

What could have been wrong is putting a murderous psychopath in charge of the house. JW could have been in on this, but not for what DW ended up doing and could have been genuinely shocked and saddened by their deaths. I think many things went wrong and that if JW was involved, it wasn't necessarily for arson, torture and murder (but he'd still be just as liable for Felony Murder for what he may have signed up for).

I agree. This is the theory I have been posting since the beginning based on the little info we have but trusting that LE knew what they were doing. It is 100% speculation on my part that JW is 100% involved. All signs point to that.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan [video=twitter;606859914477236225]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606859914477236225[/video]Washington, DC
NEW: Source tells me other people captured with #Wint in #DCMansionMurders did NOT seem to know about crimes. @WUSA9

So...this is our explanation of why they were not held/arrested? I think to most of us, anyone not knowing about the manhunt for DDW is incredulous!!! But my friend, 31 years old with 3 children, has literally ZERO idea of any news. It boggles my mind every time I talk to her.

I'm extremely curious what the neighbor saw that was so odd? And when the 3 cars were towed away (temporarily) it was speculated that the cars had been tampered with?
This is getting even more confusing!

The killers may have realized they had been noticed and that forced them to abort their original plan.

I think the reason only DW is in custody is because the prosecutor intends to cut a deal in exchange for information. Nobody else will get any deal.

JMO

My thanks button doesn't work when I am on my laptop.
Thank you for answering me. I misunderstood, I thought it was an up coming race.

Just to be clear...I have no idea that it wasn't. I only know that JW posted about SS asking him as a race car driver to take out the Mosler and give his opinion. They may have then decided to race it somewhere...but that isn't a leap I am willing to make. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if that information came out.

I think if other cars were missing LE would have released that info so the public could help locate them.

LE may know where they are at. LE may have released the others caught with DW to see who goes to the stash of stolen items/cars that could have been put at an off-site location (hence the use of the box truck to work on cars and/or transport stolen merchandise). I do think there is off-site storage of things stolen, whether or not that includes cars I don't know.

Does anyone have a picture or description of the Mosler licence plate. It seems so odd to not have a current registration. Maybe it is registered wherever the plate is from.

That's probably what the LE's were looking for when at the home the other day. If I'm not mistaken, they left with a few bags and box of papers, docs.

iirc news reported they were gathering banking and tax papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper