DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line. If someone dies on your property they can sue. There were cases where burglars sued the home owners.

The family was the real target.

So the insurance company can cover the cost of the Picasso lost in the fire and not the maids life.

A lawyer will find the grounds if needed.

So hopefully the inheritors will just give her family something and have them sign papers.

Jmo

I am not going to debate the details but he died of thermal injuries and was charred beyond recognition.

From what I have seen reported, 'thermal injuries' indicates he was set on fire while still alive. I call that torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Litig8ter View Post
Just to add more details, I looked for other vehicles that are currently registered in MD or DC. In MD, Sigma Investment Enterprises also has the 2008 Bentley registered, and AIW has a 2104 Land Rover Range registered (it has a number of pickups and other trucks as well that likely are pure business vehicles). In Dc, Amy S had current registrations for a 2014 Hyundai Equus, a 2012 Land Rover LR4 and a 2008 Porche 911. Savvo S has no vehicles registered in DC.

Could not find an Audi under any of these name.

The Mosler has a Florida plate (green letters that has an M at the top for myflorida.com) that begins with an N. See pic 8/13 here: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29222382/police-examine-large-safe-savopoulos-home

The Mosler was previously titled to a leasing company in Florida, with a lien on it by the financing arm of the manufacturer. That was in 2010. SS bought it in 2011. The previous Florida tag does not begin with a letter. No help from this why it had a Florida tag in the garage picture.

Yeah, it does seem really personal. It's also possible that the person with that intense level of hatred for the young boy might have suggested that the killer treat him extra badly.

Suggested or perhaps paid. It was very personal and I find it odd because I don't believe DW had any personal relationship with any of the victims. Just because he worked at AIW years ago doesn't mean DW ever met SS or knew him. Somebody suggested he has a history with domestic violence but that involves personal relationships. There was none between DW and SS that I can find. I wonder if his current occupation involves being a hired hitman.

JMO

Why would they have not have released her body? The Savopoulos family has been!

Yeah, does seem odd. I'm thinking the "details" statement was posted without talking w/VF's family. They probably have advised NG not to say anything.

A guy like this does that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/21/savopoulos-family_n_7401080.html

Wint was convicted of assaulting one girlfriend in Maryland in 2009, and pleaded guilty the next year to malicious destruction of property after he allegedly threatened to kill a woman and her infant daughter, breaking into her apartment, stealing a television and vandalizing her car.

"I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and friends," Wint told that woman. "The defendant advised he was good with a knife and could kill them easily and was not afraid of the police," a detective wrote.

"I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and friends," Wint told that woman. "The defendant advised he was good with a knife and could kill them easily and was not afraid of the police," a detective wrote.

And we are questioning if he was the actual killer or not?

Okay guys, so BS was not the most operative word to use and the part of this case that affects me the most. I work with children, so this thought disgusts me. It is clear he may have been used against his parents by the evil perp (s)...

From what I have seen reported, 'thermal injuries' indicates he was set on fire while still alive. I call that torture.

I keep praying that he wasn't conscious. "Alive" (i.e. breathing) but maybe in an "unconscious" state.

Agree. They shouldn't have to sue nor fundraise for funeral. The house was insured. The insurance company will cut a check. A outsider died on your property.

So this means that morally their family should get something as well without having to fundraise.

Jmo.

That would only be true if she died as a result of unsafe conditions on the property. I've seen nothing to indicate that the S family was at fault in any way for this tragedy.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Agree. They shouldn't have to sue nor fundraise for funeral. The house was insured. The insurance company will cut a check. A outsider died on your property.

So this means that morally their family should get something as well without having to fundraise.

Jmo.

Hi there Dex!

I remember a case where that happened but my tired brain cant remember the name of the case.

Wait a minute ......hmm was it Laci Peterson's case? I remember something about the insurance company paying out because they believed she was killed in her home. Since they were joint owners he got half and Laci's estate received half. I think it was a total of 100K

Just to add more details, I looked for other vehicles that are currently registered in MD or DC. In MD, Sigma Investment Enterprises also has the 2008 Bentley registered, and AIW has a 2104 Land Rover Range registered (it has a number of pickups and other trucks as well that likely are pure business vehicles). In Dc, Amy S had current registrations for a 2014 Hyundai Equus, a 2012 Land Rover LR4 and a 2008 Porche 911. Savvo S has no vehicles registered in DC.

The Mosler was previously titled to a leasing company in Florida, with a lien on it by the financing arm of the manufacturer. That was in 2010. SS bought it in 2011. The previous Florida tag does not begin with a letter. No help from this why it had a Florida tag in the garage picture.
Probably because the MD tags expired in November 2013. Sky girl found the last time it was registered was November 2011. The FL tag was probably just to have something on the back.

Mosler is based in Florida. Maybe they all had Florida plates at one point? Just guessing

Hi there Dex!

I remember a case where that happened but my tired brain cant remember the name of the case.

Wait a minute ......hmm was it Laci Peterson's case? I remember something about the insurance company paying out because they believed she was killed in her home. Since they were joint owners he got half and Laci's estate received half. I think it was a total of 100K

Just did a quick Google, and the only thing I can find on insurance and Laci is her life insurance. I'm very interested to find out what case you are thinking of.

Well, NG started the fundraiser. I'm thinking she probably didn't want to approach the family out of respect. Also, I think VF technically was an employee of NG since she was employed through her housekeeping business and probably received her salary directly through her. VF contacted NG and told her she wanted to work at the S residence on the 13th. NG gave her approval.

Its not clear that this site is legit and the money is all going for the funeral. We don't know. We don;t know if the family is privately supporting VF's family or paying for the funeral. I really think everyone needs to walk away from these accusations.

That would only be true if she died as a result of unsafe conditions on the property. I've seen nothing to indicate that the S family was at fault in any way for this tragedy.

I think dying while on somebody's property is a pretty good indication it was unsafe.

JMO

DW doesn't need a motive for that level of depravity. Its who he is. It was a means to an end, the means didn't concern him in the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an insurance payout for being killed on another property. An acquaintance of mine willingly went for a ride on her brothers zip line. She fell, shattered her pelvis and was in the hospital for months. She sued his home owners insurance and won hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an insurance payout for being killed on another property. An acquaintance of mine willingly went for a ride on her brothers zip line. She fell, shattered her pelvis and was in the hospital for months. She sued his home owners insurance and won hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I think this isn't necessarily a subject that should be discussed...however, that is a very different situation.

He took the risk of having that zip line on his property. Someone got hurt. Valid insurance claim.

Bottom line. If someone dies on your property they can sue. There were cases where burglars sued the home owners.

The family was the real target.

So the insurance company can cover the cost of the Picasso lost in the fire and not the maids life.

A lawyer will find the grounds if needed.

So hopefully the inheritors will just give her family something and have them sign papers.

Jmo

NG opened up a gofund me account to collect money for VF's funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper