DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it just occurred to me that JW posted his "Mosler" pictures on SM in January. That was several months before he came into the employ of SS and a day before the emissions inspection reported in the Carfax report (see earlier post by RKF). Interesting that JW knew about the car and took it for a spin (according to JW, anyway) several months before asking SS for a job. Since no one has been able to produce any evidence that the Mosler's registration was current (and the Carfax report makes it look like it went fallow for about a year with no repairs noted either), I wonder if the car came out of the garage for the first time in a while at the encouragement of JW.

Exactly, and that makes me consider how JW was so easily able to get what he wanted from SS...just one of possibly many clients. I have considered that someone may have been receiving some money from SS even before May of this year. I really hope that LE has a financial forensics investigator looking at JW's cash flow, purchases and compares that to his earned income. I would say the same even for DDW's banking records but for the fact that when he receives cash he tends to change it into money orders. But a simple credit check and run of his tax records might give some hint of extra monies.

You know, it just occurred to me that JW posted his "Mosler" pictures on SM in January. That was several months before he came into the employ of SS and a day before the emissions inspection reported in the Carfax report (see earlier post by RKF). Interesting that JW knew about the car and took it for a spin (according to JW, anyway) several months before asking SS for a job. Since no one has been able to produce any evidence that the Mosler's registration was current (and the Carfax report makes it look like it went fallow for about a year with no repairs noted either), I wonder if the car came out of the garage for the first time in a while at the encouragement of JW.

Have we figured out if it shows every time a registration is renewed or just when it changes hands?

It seems the only things he could have taken were what could fit in his pockets and carry away from the escape Porsche
IMO....money, perhaps some jewelry, the cell phones and the security DVR
I agree. At first I thought that they may of used the night to cart expensive stuff away. It makes it so much more baffling to me. He has robbed before and fenced the items. Why not this time?

Have we figured out if it shows every time a registration is renewed or just when it changes hands?

I haven't, but several people (myself included) have searched by VIN and have only come up with a registration that expired in 2013 -- the same one that JW had in his possession. Same date as on the Carfax report. I also think, based on the carfax report, that two registrations made while SS was owner show up, which would suggest that they all should. Finally, it seems like a registration would show up if something like an emissions test shows up, but this is just deduction on my part, and not fact.

This is exactly what I was wondering . I mentioned earlier that I would imagine that Amy might have had some nice pieces of jewelry. Perhaps the police know this and they have notified pawn shops and have not made this public to see if anyone tries to fence it . Another member stated that the jewelry was probably insured and photographed so this is possible . Also I think maybe they thought that since they were rich that they would have more cash on hand and they were not satisfied with what they had and SS told them he could get more in the morning . It does not make sense to stay there overnight . I think it went in a whole other direction than planned . Just my take on it

I think the suspect wanted cash, which is why he got cash.
He had to wait overnight because banks were already closed when SS got home.
Apparently, even rich people have trouble getting large amounts of money on short notice. Maybe the suspect didn't realize that.

I haven't, but several people (myself included) have searched by VIN and have only come up with a registration that expired in 2013 -- the same one that JW had in his possession. Same date as on the Carfax report. I also think, based on the carfax report, that two registrations made while SS was owner show up, which would suggest that they all should. Finally, it seems like a registration would show up if something like an emissions test shows up, but this is just deduction on my part, and not fact.

I can only speak for here in NC but a car inspection must be done here prior to each registration renewal or one can't register. Inspection stations approve each vehicle, entering into a computerized state system.

I am beginning to wonder if the Mosler is really worth that much more than some of their other cars. Some have been checking and it does show that the Mosler may be worth between $200,000 and $300,000, instead of the reported $700,000. What all do we know about the Bentley and the Porsche to compare prices. Like year and equipment they have. I have been trying to look, and I see 2012 Porsche 911's from $100,000 to $200,000 depending on equipment. Maybe they were after the Porsche, but burnt it once they realized it was too hot to market. All just a thought.

Looked up DC

DC residents are required to have their vehicles inspected prior to registration. Passenger vehicles receive an emission inspection that is valid for two years; commercial vehicles receive an emission and safety inspection that is valid for one year; and for-hire (i.e., taxi/limos) receive an emission, safety and DCTC inspection that is valid for six months.

http://dmv.dc.gov/service/vehicle-inspection

I think the suspect wanted cash, which is why he got cash.
He had to wait overnight because banks were already closed when SS got home.
Apparently, even rich people have trouble getting large amounts of money on short notice. Maybe the suspect didn't realize that.
Sure seems to be the only thing he was after, expect for maybe the Porsche that was either used only as get a way car or one that could be marketed on the black market or taken to a chop shop.
What is baffling is he spent hours in a thieves candy store, yet it seems like he left with nothing else. I go to the grocery store for eggs, and the longer I spend in the store the more items I come away with, and I am paying for them. Odd that he spent all that time and nothing interested him enough to just shove in his pocket.

I am beginning to wonder if the Mosler is really worth that much more than some of their other cars. Some have been checking and it does show that the Mosler may be worth between $200,000 and $300,000, instead of the reported $700,000. What all do we know about the Bentley and the Porsche to compare prices. Like year and equipment they have. I have been trying to look, and I see 2012 Porsche 911's from $100,000 to $200,000 depending on equipment. Maybe they were after the Porsche, but burnt it once they realized it was too hot to market. All just a thought.

The Mosler was a Léonardo de Vinci, Rembrandt or Claude Monet of auto's.

Thanks! Glad to hear from someone who knows their accounting. But I agree with you -- 100% is surprising and I suspect, misreporting. That would mean his living father just handed over 100% of the business to his son. Possible, but doubtful (MOO).

I agree. I find it extremely doubtful that his father doesn't still have a membership interest. I've not seen that reported in this case.

JMO

Sure seems to be the only thing he was after, expect for maybe the Porsche that was either used only as get a way car or one that could be marketed on the black market or taken to a chop shop.
What is baffling is he spent hours in a thieves candy store, yet it seems like he left with nothing else. I go to the grocery store for eggs, and the longer I spend in the store the more items I come away with, and I am paying for them. Odd that he spent all that time and nothing interested him enough to just shove in his pocket.

I'm not sure we know that he didn't take anything else, though. (?)

What's a few hundred thousand among friends?

Seriously, though, $200k is a lot more than $40k. Not being much of a car person, anything in the six figures is a lot of money for a car to me.

All very beautiful autos, to be sure. One would have to put it up for auction today to determine fair market value.

google it. there are a couple of them up for sale in the 200-300k range. No need for an auction.

I know I have said it before that I am glad to see L.E. being overly cautious and crossing all of their t's and dotting all of their i's but I am hopeful that more arrests are made soon! JMO

e.t.a. One thing I know for sure is that evil entered that home and left that home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1