DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its the most logical assumption for why asking for the cash didn't raise alarms. And, again, the People magazine article said as much, adding its very common for people in SS' industry to handle large amounts of cash. But I agree that the employees had no reason not to trust him.

There has been some speculation about SS sending covert signals. I think he didn't do anything of the kind because he didn't want to endanger his son. If he wanted to send covert signals, he would have succeeded. JMO.

If I were on the receiving end of a covert signal, it would take a LOT to push me over the chasm between, "hmm, he's behaving oddly," and, "OMG, his life is at risk and I better call 911." Just because no one took the action that could have prevented this outcome, doesn't mean signals weren't sent or received. JMO.

If I were on the receiving end of a covert signal, it would take a LOT to push me over the chasm between, "hmm, he's behaving oddly," and, "OMG, his life is at risk and I better call 911." Just because no one took the action that could have prevented this outcome, doesn't mean signals weren't sent or received. JMO.
Yeah... if I called 911 every time a friend, relative, or coworker behaved oddly, I'd be forever banned from the system!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quotes below are random picks, the article itself is lengthy with interesting information.

I think for years, it's a red flag threshold of $10,000 either deposited or withdrawn from a single account. This can also be taken together as an accumulated amount to determine whether it's worth noting. You can take 9,999 from more than a single account thinking you'd be circumventing the rule/law (?) but if the accounts are all at the same bank - they go for the total. So, I have always wondered (and posted) about why no red flags were raised and if they were, I'm curious about the process. Banks and the IRS don't want money laundering, drug deals or kidnapping. That much cash can be tax evasion.

The words "red flag" is sort of a red herring here as used in relation to the magic $10,000 number. Especially in relationship to withdrawals. I don't believe concerns about tax evasion are valid because there is already a paper trail of the money being deposited. There is nothing mysterious about cash in amounts greater than $10,000 being withdrawn. The IRS receives millions and millions of the required Cash Transaction Reports that are filed every year. So many are filed that they can never manually examine each one. They become more useful if other questionable financial activities comes to light. Then, those reports are helpful in building a case.

”JP Morgan Chase is banning wire transfers*from their bank to foreign banks to prevent American capital flight which will surely happen as America wakes up to the desperate situation that the banks are in. The bank is also prohibiting any cash withdrawals of $50,000 or more. This past Friday, HSBC (America) followed suit. It is highly likely that all 5 megabanks will enact the same policies in the near future.

Heard about this yesterday myself. Personally, very wary of the whole US banking system and want as little to do with it as possible. Too much regulation/control over peoples' money and only getting worse.

Federal law requires that the bank file a report based upon any withdrawal or deposit of $10,000 or more on any single given day. The law was designed to put a damper on money laundering, sophisticated counterfeiting and other federal crimes.

To remain in compliance with the law, financial institutions must obtain personal identification, information about the transaction and the social security number of the person conducting the transaction.

Correct. And as you said above, this is largely an automated system where the banks, using special software, now aggregate the sum total of cash transactions even if conducted at different branches. When the bank opens an account these days, CIP, Customer Identification Program, is extensive and will provide all info required to generate a CTR without the customer even being there in person.

Technically, there is no federal law prohibiting the use of large amounts of cash. However, a CTR must be filed in ALL cases of cash transaction regardless of the reason underlying the transaction."
http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2...oney-out-of-the-bank-without-going-to-prison/

Yes, the government wants to know everything we do and that's why they love that cash is being used less and less. They want a paper trail.

Ido tend to agree that they will bring in a forensic accountant so they can ascertain if anyone in the company had embezzled. forged checks, tried to exceed his/her authority. They will also look at all who have handled SS's accounts. This will be done to flush out any inside accomplice at AIW, or bank, or Dojo,and to document having cast a wide net, not stopping the investigation at DW. Of course, they will look over any case of bad blood, past legal battles, and try to eliminate people. They surely must explore any connection between JW and DW, as they will look at the women and his brother . You know if they offer DW the possibility of parole if he turns on the "dream planner" who might have brought this easy pickins to his attention, he need never get parole. Every time he is up for it, AS parents and SS parents will be there; most daunting to his chances, the Savopoulos girls will be there to talk about little Phillip. DW will never get out if he's convicted, but he's cocky enough to think he might. Nate Thayer was on the news today. He says JW family lived a few feet from each others' apartment for several years. I don't know if JW sometimes went by to get doobie from DW, ran into him and his bro or cuz at parties, went to some of the same clubs, chatted about how to get by driving without plates, grabbing a sticker off someone else's car to put on yours or how to full out steal regs and titles and doctor em up. What's DW been living on? Did JW get over his head with playing the race driver part and was he falling short on making the money needed to pursue his dream?Had they ever as kids nicked car parts, merchandise, plates? Did they swap tips? JMO They don't have to be best buds to need each other from time to time. I think in this case, JMO made a proposal to DW he couldn't refuse. I don't think it's JW's first time at the rodeo either. JMO

Everything's possible and you really stopped me on get a doobie lol. I'm still on the fence about JW, for different reasons. I still wish to learn about how much of the $40k has been accounted for and where were the keys to the cars located? I think at the rodeo JW wears his wranglers two sizes too small and wears a huge belt buckle.

Agree. But most people would have made sure it was put directly in hands regardless of instructions. I would have still knocked on the door and waited since all the cars were there and someone should be home. It's called being an above and beyond employee.

IDK. If my multi-millionaire boss told me to put the money in the garage, that's what I'd do. I might ask him if he's sure that's what he wants but I'd do what he told me to do. I wouldn't know what personal goings-on were happening that he didn't want me to be aware of. Maybe the spouse is being irrational or arguments are occurring that you don't want to broadcast. Maybe you are experiencing an embarrassing health problem. I'm thinking of several times in my own life where I've told a potential visitor who wanted to bring me something to just leave it on the patio because I didn't want to see anyone at that time. No, it wasn't $40,000 but I didn't have a secure garage to leave it in either. Unfortunately, in this situation, much more than a domestic issue was involved.

Good morning everyone.
I was watching videos on YouTube and came across this one. It is dedicated to Philip Savopoulos; he was an avid go kart racer. The following is a short video dedicated to him by Patrick Evans. / Rylee Engel
[video=youtube;WhvV7Ud2ziA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvV7Ud2ziA&list=FLKUZF1FAJphM-qQMgcvQGFA&index=1[/video]

Bumping.

I cannot believe there are still pages and pages of discussion about JW's involvement when police have said they don't believe he's involved at this point. Speculation like this is likely why this statement was made and is as close to clearing him as we're going to get until the trial IMO.

What about the two female POIs who were getting money orders prior to the fire? We're they present the whole time or did they just pick up the cash after it was delivered?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I missed something, I've never heard this and think it's worth exploring. Is there a link somewhere?

I wonder if the media is overstating the inconsistencies in JW's statements by saying "multiple times". IIRC there were two inconsistent statements according to the CDoc. 1) JW originally told LE that SS contacted Wednesday night about collecting the money. This was contradicted by text messages that indicate SS contacted JW Thursday morning 2) JW first told LE that the Mosler was locked when he arrived with the money. He later changed that statement to say it was unlocked.

I think it is possible that JW didn't intentionally lie. His first statements were made just hours after learning of the fire and I suspect he was in shock. LE have said JW "admitted to lying". I wonder if that is just their interpretation. I can't imagine a smart guy like JW saying "yes I lied".

Not sure how "smart" JW is. Pretty stupid of him to get in a position of lying multiple times to police. The truth is not inconsistent. It is always the same. Not twisted and modified to tell a more advantageous narrative. IDK if he's involved or not but I don't think he's smart. I think he's a delusional, unrealistic person who is skating through life hoping to win the lottery of fate by running around in higher social circles hoping he somehow benefits from that. He is 28 years old hoping to become a racing star and getting fired from a go-kart track. Racing star? Not going to happen.

Here's a quick summary of the last 48 hours:
* The house warrant was released and then hours later, the return was released. There was some interesting, but not very surprising stuff in it.
* People are divided about whether $40K in cash is a lot of money. This is causing some raucous debates.
* There is some debate about whether or not many famous luminaries were scheduled to attend the dojo opening. I'm not sure why.
* There may have been some female perps based on some hair and other forensic evidence found at the scene.
* Some feel, based on a comment by an unnamed source that LE doesn't know why JW lied but don't think he's involved, that JW has been cleared and we should stop talking about him.
* Others feel something isn't right with JW and continue to discuss his lies and so-forth.
* Porsche seats can or cannot recline enough to hide a passenger.
* Consensus has been reached that DW is a very, very bad man.

Thanks skigirl, that's a great summary. There's allot to come out yet forensically speaking but I don't know how much we'll hear. I don't think a bunch of rocket scientist pulled this off but we'll find out. I'm perked about finding out more on the two female perps.

I missed something, I've never heard this and think it's worth exploring. Is there a link somewhere?

Pamela Brown of CNN reported it. I believe it's been reported elsewhere too

Interesting they are holding DW w/o bail but he has not been charged yet. My guess is so far in the charging docs he is accused of the murder of SS, despite media reports of AS, PS and VF. Likely there is evidence (my guess blood on his shoe) was a match to SS thus far. We shall see... Hate that weekends are a wash for "new news" so let's hope some other info rolls out way today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping.

I cannot believe there are still pages and pages of discussion about JW's involvement when police have said they don't believe he's involved at this point. Speculation like this is likely why this statement was made and is as close to clearing him as we're going to get until the trial IMO.

What about the two female POIs who were getting money orders prior to the fire? We're they present the whole time or did they just pick up the cash after it was delivered?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

An unnamed source from another law enforcement? is reported by CNN, in a story with glaring inaccuracies about the murders, as saying investigators do not think now that JW was complicit, but have not reached that conclusion. I have to shake out my brains.

An unnamed source from another law enforcement? is reported by CNN, in a story with glaring inaccuracies about the murders, as saying investigators do not think now that JW was complicit, but have not reached that conclusion. I have to shake out my brains.

That source agrees with the Washington Post

Wallace has not been charged with a crime, and court documents do not name him as a suspect.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

Interesting they are holding DW w/o bail but he has not been charged yet. My guess is so far in the charging docs he is accused of the murder of SS, despite media reports of AS, PS and VF. Likely there is evidence (my guess blood on his shoe) was a match to SS thus far. We shall see... Hate that weekends are a wash for "new news" so let's hope some other info rolls out way today.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been charged with one murder charge and awaiting a preliminary hearing on 6/22. Many more charges to come for DW.

05/22/2015 Charge Filed Charge Filed
Charge #1: Felony Murder While Armed

LE officials and journalists/news reporters have a symbiotic relationship. They need eaCH other and owe each favors and do each other favors. It does not surprise me that a reporter might try and get the latest info on JW off the record, and be told by his contact that it is a cold lead right now. JMO

A reporter spoke of this just the other day in regards to the Jesse Matthew's Fairfax and other cases:

Augenstein: In this particular case, since there’s still sentencing to go, and leaks and guidance I want to get, I don’t think I wanna detail who’s willing to talk with me and who’s not.

It’s different in different cases. Sometimes prosecutors or defense lawyers are willing to feed you motions as they’re filed with the court. Documents that have been filed are the gold — motions, search warrants, and that sorta stuff — because they give you a narrative to help understand what happened in a case. And, you don’t have to give away who provided you with the document.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/11/go-behind-the-scenes-of-the-jesse-matthew-attempted-murder-trial/

[video=cnn;justice/2015/06/11/dc-mansion-killing-new-documents-lead-dnt-brown.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/politics/dc-mansion-fire-bloody-bat/index.html[/video]

Although it is CNN, which is apparently considered (modsnip)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That source agrees with the Washington Post

Wallace has not been charged with a crime, and court documents do not name him as a suspect.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

I think we knew this and I have pointed it out many times. I am referring to the totally contradictory nature of the quote in the CNN story as well as pointing out that this same story had confusing info. on the murders that differed from other "new" info. sources. No one but Wint has been named a POI, suspect, or been charged, or arrested. Yet, by most accounts, including court documents case investigators do not think he acted alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1