DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes. I was just addressing a question that implied that you can't be discharged if you were only in boot camp and not really "in" the Marines. I think you're "in" for the purpose discharge once you enlist. Is that correct? That if you left bootcamp because you were booted out, you'd have to be "discharged"? Isn't the only question whether or not it was "honorable"? It would be great to know from someone who actually served.

I'm unaware of his status at the time of separation and what caused the medical he was discharged for I/E was it medical or psychiatric which might be considered medical. Was this medical condition service or non-service connected is another consideration.

He could have received an entry level separation until he had been active duty 180 days. For some reason he got an honorable under medical which might have been needed for him to get treatment or apply for a military service connected injury. I just don't know all the considerations going into the discharge decision. JMO

At this point defense will probably be some form of insanity plea.

Argh, I've been thinking about that ever since I read:

"NYPD sources said Thursday afternoon that Wint was department's "No. 1 priority" and cops did not know if he would go down "in a blaze of glory or just quietly call up and surrender."

“We’re preparing for every eventuality. We don’t think he’s mentally fit,” a source said."

They don't say who the source is, of course, but I wish that wouldn't have been quoted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/quadruple-murder-suspect-believed-brooklyn-article-1.2230906

If he hires Ficker, that actually would be one step closer to nuts, so...

How did the perps reach the house? Possibly in the van? But surely the van underwent a search. Even the people found with DW were released does anyone know if the vehicles were released? Blood, fibers, evidence of the accelerant, etc. If it had been recently scrubbed down, it would also raise a million red flags.
It has not been determined how they reached the house. The first time the box truck (not van) was encountered was when they arrested him on 05/22. Since he fled in the Porsche, he probably arrived at the house by Metro and bus.

All 3 of the adults had sharp force injuries and blunt force injuries.

What I would like to know is how someone can repeatedly get arrested, charged and convicted of violent crimes, threats to kill babies and have two separate incidents of Permanent Restraining Orders against them NOT BE IN JAIL or DEPORTED.

It's awkwardly worded (to me only probably). Are they saying they expect to find photographs and diagrams in addition to DNA, hair and fibers or are they requesting permission to take photographs and create diagrams in addition to collecting DNA, etc.

Is it possible that they have information from someone that the killer brought photos and diagrams with him/them? Did investigators see those things when they first went in and that's why they included that for the search warrant?

I hope so too but I am sure they will also have other powerful CE as well.

Although today in the Jesse Mathew case it ended in a plea before the jury got the case and all the DA had as far as forensic evidence was his DNA underneath the victim's fingernail. Mathew knew that was enough for the state to get convictions on all top charges.

So all it may take is to forensically tie him to the murders/scene by his DNA being on the pizza crust. There really isn't any reasonable benign explanation the defense could come up with that would satisfy reasonable minded jurors. I don't think anyone believes he just stopped by at 9:30 at night to eat pizza with the family. IMO

IMO
With the three adults, not subjected to the fire, maybe there will be defensive wounds or other evidence from the perp or perps actually to be found on the victims.

What I would like to know is how someone can repeatedly get arrested, charged and convicted of violent crimes, threats to kill babies and have two separate incidents of Permanent Restraining Orders against them NOT BE IN JAIL or DEPORTED.

Here here sister!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm unaware of his status at the time of separation and what caused the medical he was discharged for I/E was it medical or psychiatric which might be considered medical. Was this medical condition service or non-service connected is another consideration.

He could have received an entry level separation until he had been active duty 180 days. For some reason he got an honorable under medical which might have been needed for him to get treatment or apply for a military service connected injury. I just don't know all the considerations going into the discharge decision. JMO

I think you are being kind. I have NO clue about the military, as you do, but my gut reaction is he couldn't cut it, not physically nor mentally. MOO.

It has not been determined how they reached the house. The first time the box truck (not van) was encountered was when they arrested him on 05/22. Since he fled in the Porsche, he probably arrived at the house by Metro and bus.

If thats the case he wasn't carrying anything noticeable with him. I wonder if he arrived with others and left separately. And I continue to think the person in the video looks taller and lankier than DW.

I think you are being kind. I have NO clue about the military, as you do, but my gut reaction is he couldn't cut it, not physically nor mentally. MOO.

I cringe at the thought of this animal receiving tax payer dollars and able to receive benefits. And I am all for VA benefits!!! I will have to ask my husband since he served in the Marines for several years.

May 14
9:30 a.m.— Figueroa’s husband goes to the Savopoulos home and knocks on the door. No one answers, though he feels that someone may be inside. He then gets a call from Savvas Savopoulos saying Vera had been taken to the hospital.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-Woodley-Park-Daron-Dylon-Wint-304574171.html

I think the above info shows that may be there was more than DW at the S home during the murders. Perhaps more than two people...someone on the lookout? Also, may be the crappy cheese pizza for the female who may have been involved...cause we all know that DW could care less about whether anyone was fed. This case has literally made me sick.

Thank you! Still trying to figure out the Tapatalk.

I know, I just started using it a couple days ago. I love it so far! Did you find the "thanks" button? I can't find the smiley faces to use on Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Argh, I've been thinking about that ever since I read:

"NYPD sources said Thursday afternoon that Wint was department's "No. 1 priority" and cops did not know if he would go down "in a blaze of glory or just quietly call up and surrender."

“We’re preparing for every eventuality. We don’t think he’s mentally fit,” a source said."

They don't say who the source is, of course, but I wish that wouldn't have been quoted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/quadruple-murder-suspect-believed-brooklyn-article-1.2230906

If he hires Ficker, that actually would be one step closer to nuts, so...

BBM

That actually made me laugh through my tears, thank you. He certainly could be considered certifiably insane if he actually hired that <modsnip>

although I think he did hire him a few times, and he was running free long enough to commit this despicable crime, so who knows...:sigh:

I cringe at the thought of this animal receiving tax payer dollars and able to receive benefits. And I am all for VA benefits!!! I will have to ask my husband since he served in the Marines for several years.

Is he getting benefits for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member