DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg, I must be dense (I am sometimes) and I'm not being sarcastic. Please, nobody throw shoes at me, but I've read and re-read the above and I don't see a difference between the two. The first one has more detail, but aren't they basically the same? What am I not seeing?

Sometimes my head spins. But no green vomit.

I just posted the parts that had to do with the ten-minutes-away call. In both stories he says he called ahead and SS told him to leave the money in the car. The lies are about the red bag vs. envelope (which is in the complete doc) and the car being locked vs unlocked.

I've attached the charging doc link here. Should have done that initially. Sorry.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

image.jpg

Peace from the Guadalupe River
New Braunfels, Texas

We actually do know and it's been posted if you read past threads.

I don't know that it has been established/confirmed. I know the photo JW took only showed $20,000, but has it been confirmed if $40,000, $20,000 or $0 was left in the car? There is so much confusion about how JW received the money, what it was in, where it was left - it's a mess. I'm sure LE knows the truth, as they have the benefit of speaking with the accountant and the bank.

DW also had cash for a week prior to being arrested.

You're right! I can't imagine dw is the sort who lives within a budget, so I wonder what he spent some on. This will be interesting. Paper trails in the future.

I'm also curious how he spent his time after butchering four human beings. Not for a second do I believe the people he was arrested with had no clue how he got the money. Someone who probably never had a lot of cash suddenly shows up with 40 large, gets the girls hustling and bustling and laundering blood money into money orders...

Did any of them feel any guilt at all or were they just enjoying themselves during that week. I just can't imagine all of them were acting normal. How many people knew? Friends of friends, family of the women? Did dw tell them he won the lottery, bet on a horse, made a huge drug deal, ripped of a dealer?

I'd be a freaking nervous wreck if someone I knew showed up with that kind of money. Even if I was a criminal myself and my friends were all criminals, that kind of money means big trouble somewhere.

I tell you, that's a life I want to know nothing about first hand. I'll keep to reading about it and being fascinated with human behavior, but the thought of this real life is beyond scary.

I know, but JW wouldn't know the importance of this because he assumed it was for the dojo. True, I'd bet there are other communications.

I don't buy that. He knew the importance of $40,000 because he took a photo of it and sent it to W2.

I just posted the parts that had to do with the ten-minutes-away call. In both stories he says he called ahead and SS told him to leave the money in the car. The lies are about the red bag vs. envelope (which is in the complete doc) and the car being locked vs unlocked.

I've attached the charging doc link here. Should have done that initially. Sorry.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

Ack, no need to apologize! :D I was lazy. I'll go read the report, I tried before, but between the handwriting and my eyesight even with glasses I got frustrated, then forgot about it.

:) Thank you.

ETA: Hey, it's typed - kewl!

You're right! I can't imagine dw is the sort who lives within a budget, so I wonder what he spent some on. This will be interesting. Paper trails in the future.

I'm also curious how he spent his time after butchering four human beings. Not for a second do I believe the people he was arrested with had no clue how he got the money. Someone who probably never had a lot of cash suddenly shows up with 40 large, gets the girls hustling and bustling and laundering blood money into money orders...

Did any of them feel any guilt at all or were they just enjoying themselves during that week. I just can't imagine all of them were acting normal. How many people knew? Friends of friends, family of the women? Did dw tell them he won the lottery, bet on a horse, made a huge drug deal, ripped of a dealer?

I'd be a freaking nervous wreck if someone I knew showed up with that kind of money. Even if I was a criminal myself and my friends were all criminals, that kind of money means big trouble somewhere.

I tell you, that's a life I want to know nothing about first hand. I'll keep to reading about it and being fascinated with human behavior, but the thought of this real life is beyond scary.

Yes. Did he buy his gf a new handbag? Shoes? Take his friends out on the town? Did others besides the two women get paid to launder the money? Did he gamble?

But perhaps JW never intended he'd be harmed.

Maybe, but I also don't think SS was going to be worth anything to him in racing. SS wasn't going to be able to help him overcome a late start. Just as an example, in the Karts to Cars Shoot out in October 2014, he raced against kids 8-15 years younger than him and he didn't stand out. The kids who place 1st, 2nd and 3rd were all 18. JW is not a phenom who would be winning races if he could just get a sponsor. It's sad for him, but perhaps he just got too late a start to catch up. Or he just isn't that skilled/talented, no matter how much he wants to be a race car driver.

And if JW was telling little lies all along, SS could start to feel JW wasn't trustworthy and therefore not safe to employ.

So, even if JW's job with SS was safe indefinitely, SS was putting his energy, money and time into helping his son achieve his dreams (as he should IMO). I don't know that SS planned to sponsor JW, but even if he fully funded JW's racing aspirations, that doesn't mean JW would meet them. When JW had the chance to prove his ability as a race car driver, he came up short. It sux for him, but life is not fair. If I decide I want to be a world-class gymnast, that is not going to happen. I suspect SS thought by giving him a stop-gap job until something better came along, he was helping him. I think JW expected SS to be his fairy godmother and was disappointed to find he was just his very kind, generous, but business-like employer.

I'm not an attorney or LE. What do we expect to happen in the next month? Will more documents be unsealed? What triggers that? Do we think a gang may be arrested in the middle of stealing or breaking down cars by SWAT? Will DW's attorney spin more stories publicly? Plea deal? What do we expect in next month?

One thing I learned, so we can stop wondering and know for certain what we assumed; that there were communications surrounding the only one LE told us about:

"During the interview, W-1 showed detectives a number of text messages and incoming and outgoing calls with Mr. Savopoulos."

babbm (bolded and biggahd by me)

I'm putting this here again because Facundo did all the work finding the links and then the math for me/us, lol. Yay!

Thank you to Facundo! Take a bow! :takeabow:

So far, this is more than half of $40k.

Not sure, but the $5000 in money orders that were cashed could be included in the $10,000 cash.

Quote Originally Posted by yepitsme View Post
I think we need to be careful about amounts of money here. There's been an assumption that only $20,000 was delivered but that is not at all established. Its an opinion (one that I don't share, at least with what we know at this point). We also don't know how much money was recovered when DW was arrested.

We actually do know and it's been posted if you read past threads.

We do know how much money was delivered? I did skip a few pages (not many), how much was it? I always believed the 40k was delivered, and know that some have questioned that amount. Or are you taking about how much was recovered when DW was arrested? Thanks.

We do know how much money was delivered? I did skip a few pages (not many), how much was it? I always believed the 40k was delivered, and know that some have questioned that amount. Or are you taking about how much was recovered when DW was arrested? Thanks.

We know what was recovered.

Or maybe he was there but didn't kill them?

I'm sure that will be his argument, but legally it won't matter. If he participated in a crime that resulted in their deaths, he will face felony murder charges. JMO.

From the charging doc:
When W1 was ten minutes away from Mr. S' residence he called Mr. S on the phone and informed him he was nearby and had the package. W1 stated that Mr. S instructed him to place the money on the seat of his red car which was parked in the garage on his house. W1 stated when he arrived at **** Wood**** , he went inside of the garage, located a key to unlock the door to the car in the garage and placed the envelope on the drivers seat. After placing the envelope on the drivers seat, W1 locked the vehicle and exited the garage and closed the door to same.
... JW admits he lied, then ...
W- I then drove to Mr. S', house and called Mr. S ten minutes before IT arrived at the home. Mr. S told W1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr. S' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. Afler placing the money in the envelope W1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

SUCH a bizarre lie. There has to be some reason for it!

I know. It is impossible to get past it. Impossible. I think so much time has gone by and no arrests have been made that it's easy to think, "sure , okay, this guy totally lied about his actions about delivering what turned out to be ransom money," and "sure, it was discovered that DW and JW's families lived next door to each other" but that DOESNT PROVE ANYTHING.

But, man, common sense suggests there is a connection.

And I wonder why LE would not have released ANYTHING to suggest this person's innocence, but instead only let out details that suggest something nefarious.

I am no mastermind, c'mon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree which gets us to half the $40k!

LOL! I immediately was going to agree with you, but oh, snap! That brings us to 21k, plus whatever he spent the previous week.

Although, it's entirely possible dw had lots of cash before the murders (at least 1k for the uber + living a week and bus fare to NY).

Meh, I'm flexible to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member