DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An occupant of the vehicle was subsequently interviewed and admitted to purchasing money orders after the murders under the direction of an identified person who was providing IT with money. The occupant estimated the total amount of the money orders to exceed $10,000.
While following the defendant's vehicle, members of the U.S. Marshals Service discovered that the vehicle was following and acting in concert with a multi-colored E 300 box truck that displayed a North Carolina registration of EY-2006. A stop of this vehicle was also initiated by the U.S. Marshals Service at the same time the defendant's vehicle was stopped. One of the occupants was subsequently identified as the person who was providing cash to the aforementioned occupant of the 2012 Chevrolet described above
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...-darron-dellon-dennis-supplement-may-2015.pdf

Also interesting that a person in the truck, not DW, was id'd as the person providing the cash for the money orders.

An occupant of the vehicle was subsequently interviewed and admitted to purchasing money orders after the murders under the direction of an identified person who was providing IT with money. The occupant estimated the total amount of the money orders to exceed $10,000.
While following the defendant's vehicle, members of the U.S. Marshals Service discovered that the vehicle was following and acting in concert with a multi-colored E 300 box truck that displayed a North Carolina registration of EY-2006. A stop of this vehicle was also initiated by the U.S. Marshals Service at the same time the defendant's vehicle was stopped. One of the occupants was subsequently identified as the person who was providing cash to the aforementioned occupant of the 2012 Chevrolet described above
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...-darron-dellon-dennis-supplement-may-2015.pdf

Also interesting that a person in the truck, not DW, was id'd as the person providing the cash for the money orders.

I'm not following this BellaVita. So they take the cash & purchase money orders? & then they take the money orders & get cash again?? Would that be to distance themselves to the serial #s on the cash?? just not quite following this.

Or ...wouldn't it be more likely that they would take part of the Cash to buy money orders, & another part of the Cash to purchase services & drivers & bribes ??? bribes to keep drivers quiet?? drivers of the Box truck?? Didn't that Box truck require a specific driver not part of the 'ring'???

One possibility is that whomever came up with the idea was too stupid to realize that there weren't cartoon-style money bags with little dollar signs on them piled up around the house, and then, when those didn't immediately materialize, was too stupid to realize that it wouldn't be possible to withdraw ONE BILLION DOLLARS from a local bank branch the next morning.

... darn it ~~came up $960,000 short.:shame: & a quad murder to boot. Wonder how he broke it to his boys??

I'm not following this BellaVita. So they take the cash & purchase money orders? & then they take the money orders & get cash again?? Would that be to distance themselves to the serial #s on the cash?? just not quite following this.

Or ...wouldn't it be more likely that they would take part of the Cash to buy money orders, & another part of the Cash to purchase services & drivers & bribes ??? bribes to keep drivers quiet?? drivers of the Box truck?? Didn't that Box truck require a specific driver not part of the 'ring'???

The point of my post is that DW was in a car with 2 women. The truck had 2 men. One of the women admitted to purchasing money orders in excess of $10,000. The woman said that the money to make the purchases was provided to her by a man in the truck. Someone other than DW. It was just curious to me that DW is definitely good for at least a large part of this crime, yet somebody else seems to be in charge of what happens to the money.

Note: Savopoulos did not own a Rolls. He owned a Bently, Range Rover, Land Rover, Audi, Mosler and Porsche.
You may have confused someone's use of the acronym RR for Rolls Royce.

OH. I was thinking that RR meant a Rolls. Which is silly on my part because my daughter use to whine and beg for us to buy a Range Rover when she was a teen---it never happened though. I still have my trusty Explorer. LOL

First, simple laundering the money to have non-traceable cash.
Second, one person in the truck was DW's brother. Other person in the truck has not been identified. The only qualification for being a member of this group were you would assist and you would keep your mouth shut about it. If you believe the driver was not part of the ring, maybe you would like to buy some nice waterfront property in Florida?

RSBM. Didn't we hear earlier that the S family had a panic room of some type? Or was that just a "what if" conversation? I could not make out any of the writing on the blueprints.

A mutual friend (friend of mine, also friend of AS) told me they had a state-of-the art "safe room" built.

The garage was enlarged in DEPTH.

I can't read the writing on the blueprints. Is that where it shows how the garage was enlarged? Do you have blueprints from before the construction, too? I believe that is when the "safe room" was added, but I don't know where - perhaps behind the garage? It may not be that important, but I'm just curious. You find a lot of interesting information.

About the double doors...
I have wooden double front doors. Only the left door has a door knob meant to open for every day use while the 2nd door next to it remains stationery. However, at parties, I unlatch the 2nd door from the latch at the top that goes into the hole hollowed to accommodate the flat part of the latch that slides into the door's trim at the threshold. Therefore, I can open both doors at the same time that display an old brick foyer with a large glass window at the opposite wall that reveals a large outdoor veranda.

This feature is also helpful for moving wide furniture into the home since the interior doors are 36"w. with wider arches to enter into the main living areas.
The builder added a feature just for me. It is a secreted steel reinforced closet with a system connected directly to the local police station. A light comes on automatically in the closet when the door is opened. It can be used a tornado shelter. We store bottled water and cracker nabs. It also has a safe in the secreted closet for valuables. Best insurance I could get. It's a wonderful comfort to know it's there if ever needed.

I have the same kind of front doors. We keep the one on the right side latched at the top and bottom and only use the door on the left side. But it's very handy to be able to open the other side and have the extra space when we are hauling in a huge Christmas tree each year... That's why I don't want to replace it with a single door.

I also would take the registration state with a grain of salt for a company that has a fleet of vehicles that are deployed all over the place.

I haven't been able to find any evidence that Amerit serviced karts for Autobahn. No announcements about contracts (Amerit announces lots of its contracts), no "partnership" announcement, no ads online for Amerit that suggested they might have hired go-kart techs because of a contract. I found indeed.com listings for 'go kart mechanics' for Autobahn, which leads me to believe that go-karts are specialized and they have to have people in-house to work on them. But of course absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Gut tells me that the connection is that someone in the 'ring' worked or Amerit, had worked for Amerit, or knew someone who worked there, which seems possible, given Amerit's location.

Beltsville to the Howard Johnsons Express is about 2.6 miles.

I understand there are 'crime rings' and gangs. But within those groups there are many 'lone wolves' who carry out vicious crimes solo. And I am wondering if DW might have done that here.

If DW had a 'crew' with him then I would have expected one of them to drive off with the Porsche and the Rolls in the middle of the night. An entire driveway full of high end cars and they got NOTHING?

And the hostage was given a lot of time to call around and prevent any more visitors to the home. If DW had a crew of gang members with him then I don't think he would have been so worried about one more hostage.

I think DW did have a hatred and jealousy of wealthy people and he took it out on this family in a sick, twisted, vicious way. And I think it might have all been done by his hands alone. JMO

Sorta OT, but not really... I watched a terrible (in more ways than one) show last night on the Wichita Massacre by the Carr brothers. The way it described the brothers morphing from focusing on stealing to the torture and murders of the group of friends was illuminating to me. I saw a lot of parallels to what could have happened with DW et al. Frightening.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Massacre

Guys won't bother with designer bags. Heavy metal maybe. I think he would take only cash and credit cards.

Jewelry and small electronics(laptops), coins, checks- that's what they are after- from my recent personal experience.

Second, one person in the truck was DW's brother. Other person in the truck has not been identified. The only qualification for being a member of this group were you would assist and you would keep your mouth shut about it. If you believe the driver was not part of the ring, maybe you would like to buy some nice waterfront property in Florida?

Anyone have a quick easy chronological timeline of events they can post like DW sightings to DW arrest w locations& states & distances from SS home...after the Porsche fire??

that wasn't the Amerit Fleet Solutions first rodeo....either!

Timing was so crucial here & well thought out by someone. All the players in place, MAS about to open.2 days later......allowing easy cash access from JW to DW not setting off alarm bells...done in the late day so DW would have all night long to torture trying to get access to the Safe & Mosler. Cash the next day & whallla... destroy all the evidence. Betcha there was a ton of stuff in that safe. Wonder if DW got access to that? Bet there is a storage facility nearby that church...-- prob wouldn't be in DW name -- appears more like "its a family affair" video posted above......

My mind boggles at the things people will steal. One of my neighbor's copper downspouts was stolen off his house this week.

Happens all the time where I live. When I replaced my downspouts, I only put copper inside the high gate. Anything on the side of the house or accessible from the front is painted aluminum.

... darn it ~~came up $960,000 short.:shame: & a quad murder to boot. Wonder how he broke it to his boys??

Well, I think it would be $999,960,000 short, but what's $999,000,000 among friends? ;-)

I'm getting a better picture of the happenings. Breaking out my crystal ball it's looking like a group in the hood and a couple in-laws or out-laws. I'm also seeing something like an accessory out there somewhere.

My hunch is the Chevy cruze was a rental. Wish I knew more about NY happenings. His GF can't be happy about long absences.

I think you might be surprised about guys and designer bags. Huge discussion about this on Christina Morris' thread.

Atlantic City police searching for two men in designer bag thefts at Pier at Caesars

Atlantic City Police are searching for two men in connection to at least three shoplifting thefts from stores at the Pier at Caesars.
The estimated worth of the designer items stolen on three separate dates in September and October, is more than $17,000.
Among the items stolen from the Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores at the high-end shopping mall are 13 purses and four male belts, police said.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_4d30d45e-f4f5-11e0-bb33-001cc4c002e0.html

They ^ must have already had a buyer. Also, those kinds of things are more valuable with the tags still attached. Do you think DW et al would know authentic LV from fake? Would they even care? I don't even know that AS carried those types of bags, but maybe if there were women with the "gang" as others have postulated, they would go shopping in AS' closet. Not many would fit in a white bucket, so DW would have to be like Santa Claus, dropping of hand bags on his way from the S house to the church parking lot! :)

I am SO curious to find out the original plan in this crime. I have a hard time imagining the plan was to steal AND to torture murder. Of course, I could be totally wrong. It just seems one would make the other more difficult, but would be added when the perps were at the house longer than originally planned.

It seems like if people were coming and going from the house, that would be more likely to be noticed by neighbors. I lean toward thinking DW was not alone, at least not the entire time. I don't believe he took a bus to the house. How did he get there? Who dropped him off and were they aware of the plans, or thought there was some legitimate reason?

I'm getting a better picture of the happenings. Breaking out my crystal ball it's looking like a group in the hood and a couple in-laws or out-laws. I'm also seeing something like an accessory out there somewhere.

My hunch is the Chevy cruze was a rental. Wish I knew more about NY happenings. His GF can't be happy about long absences.

To rent a car you have to have a valid driver's license and a credit card. Maybe that explains the presence of one of the women in the car with Wint?

The plot thickens, and becomes more confusing, with every bit of info. They had a state-of-the-art "safe" room, Mr. S had a gun in the house, swords (in which he had professional training), a home security system, a garage that was nearly impossible to access, and protective dogs. This may sound off the wall, but I'm beginning to wonder if DW drugged them, at some point, to subdue them. Of course, he would've had to let the drugs wear off of SS, before he allowed the phones calls. After the calls, he would drug again. Who knows, but it is a possibility...and, one that might explain a few things. I guess we won't know, until the full autopsy and toxology reports are released.
A mutual friend (friend of mine, also friend of AS) told me they had a state-of-the art "safe room" built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1