DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a nice picture you have there, TexMex.

You ain't seen nothin yet from TEXMEX. Show up at dinner time. I've wanted to leave my husband. [emoji72][emoji72][emoji72]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think any of his previous crimes were ones that brought him stacks of fresh hundreds, straight from BOA.

DW is a hustler. He's had fresh stacks of hundreds since he came to the American Dream! Lol. Again, IMO, $40,000 is not BIG MONEY to DW. You can ship weed as an amateur and make more than $40,000 a month. There's a backstory we may never know. But I don't see money and immigration lawyers as a motive.

No, the post I originally responded to stated that it was not likely that SS allowed JW to drive a car as valuable as the mosler. In previous threads, people determined the value for the mosler, based on ads for that model, was about 200k. The Bentley is approximately that much, and JW posted pics from the driver's seat of that vehicle. So SS certainly allowed his driver to drive cars worth a couple hundred k.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why I think someone stated it was a 2008 Flying Spur, but for some reason that's which model of Bentley I'm thinking it was. A quick google search for some listed for sale range in price from $65.9-82.5k.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 101
So if he hadn't been flagged why would he feel such an urgent need to hire an immigration attorney....... So dire that he'd commit the worst crime he's ever committed (that we know of)---torture, kill four people, burn a house, steal a car and burn it right by his residence? This is not making sense to me! He doesn't seem like a guy who would worry about an attorney until the 11th hour when ICE came calling on him. Was he that much of a planner to be pre-emptively working just in case he got flagged....yet not plan this crime better?

Could it be as simple as that the Wint family had a lot of interaction with immigration attorneys due to their immigration status and so whomever he thought to see first was an immigration attorney? Perhaps he liked or trusted this person more than any of the defense attorneys he had worked with, and since he hoped not to be caught, he put this guy or gal in his back pocket, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, rkf, for pointing that out. I didn't think the Md sexual assaults were convictions but I'm too tired to look it up. Depending on how the CPO was handled it might or might not have immigration consequences. If he violated it there could be consequences.

Now RSP could be a problem if there was a conviction and it may add up to too many minor convictions to avoid removal proceedings. There is a Petty Offense Exception. If DW's last entry into the US was 14 or 15 years ago that protects him to some extent depending on the offenses and how the sentences were structured.

But this latest arrest may have started him worrying. Just speculating.

You're absolutely correct. I didn't realize how many of the violent offenses were dropped or merged. Here are most of his MD charges. I left off a bunch of minor traffic violations.

3/6/11 Dangerous Weapon - Concealed MERGED
c. 9/27/10 Dangerous Weapon - Concealed MERGED
Alc Bev/Drink in Retail Area GUILTY

2/21/10 PEACE ORDER CANCEL 3/2/10

2/23/10 Burglary 4th Deg/Dwelling/Sths NOLLE PROSEQUI
c. 5/10/10 Malicious Destruction/Over GUILTY

8/21/09 ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE NOLLE PROSEQUI
c. 9/2/09 SEX OFFENSE FOURTH DEGREE NOLLE PROSEQUI

12/20/08 PEACE ORDER ENDED 7/28/09

12/24/08 ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE GUILTY
c. 12/27/08 ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE NOT GUILTY

12/27/08 PEACE ORDER CANCEL 1/6/09

6/10/06 False Stmt to Police Officer MERGED
c. 10/2/06 Theft Under $500 MERGED

9/30/06 PEACE ORDER ENDED 4/10/07

6/10/06 Unauth Display Registration Pl MERGED
c. 9/11/06 Operate Uninsured MV MERGED
Drive w/o Valid License PBJ
Falsify Plates With Fraud Inte MERGED

8/25/06 ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE NOLLE PROSEQUI
c. 2/24/09

8/26/06 PEACE ORDER CANCEL 9/5/06

4/19/06 PEACE ORDER DISMISSED 4/19/06

11/14/05 Theft Over/Theft Under MERGED

9/22/05 Theft Less $100 MERGED
c. 4/13/06 Fail Right Turn frm Right Curb MERGED
Drive Unregistered Vehicle MERGED
Operate Uninsured MV PBJ
Fail Display Lic Uniformed Off MERGED
Drive w/o Valid License MERGED

11/14/05 Drive Unregistered Vehicle NOT GUILTY
c. 1/5/06 Drive w/o Valid License NOT GUILTY
Operate Uninsured MV PBJ

11/7/05 PEACE ORDER GRANTED FOR 200-365 DAYS

I am still quite unclear as to whether there is a clear case for Federal charges, with the possibility of using the death penalty as a motivator to gain cooperation from defendants. How complicated would it be to go that route at some point, if it is an option?

... Again, IMO, $40,000 is not BIG MONEY to DW. ..

I haven't seen anything to suggest DW had this type of money. There are no drug dealing charges or convictions on his record.

I'm not sure why I think someone stated it was a 2008 Flying Spur, but for some reason that's which model of Bentley I'm thinking it was. A quick google search for some listed for sale range in price from $65.9-82.5k.

Exactly! Thank you!

So he's thinking about his future logically on the one hand......yet committing the most heinous crime in his personal history? These conflicting perceptions of DW don't jive.

I'm not convinced that whoever was involved planned to murder from the beginning. It could have been something spur of the moment, like in response to SS breaking free where they killed him and then subsequently killed everyone else. Murder could have been planned since the beginning, just I don't feel that there's enough public information out there to say for sure it being pre-planned or it being spur of the moment. Also he could have committed other crimes, just he wasn't caught. Something like this I'm not convinced was an accident, though I don't think DW would have been in charge of the scene since if it was criminal it was done much better, but it could have been from the same organized crime group if there is such a group:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...y-Have-Sparked-Md-Mansion-Fire-290089551.html

In the photo I do see someone with white sneakers standing against the wall by the dumpster. The person walking with the bucket does not look in his/her direction. Is it possible that the individual was out having a cigarette break from the building and was just standing there and was not observed by the individual with the bucket? If so, I wonder if he/she came forward as a witness or perhaps does not want to be known as a witness from where he stood? Just wondering....

I am still quite unclear as to whether there is a clear case for Federal charges, with the possibility of using the death penalty as a motivator to gain cooperation from defendants. How complicated would it be to go that route at some point, if it is an option?

Excellent Question AA!!!

I'd also like to add another arrest in which Daron used his brothers name and gained an alias. (not that we can use the brothers name out here as listed.) BTW: This also screws up the vinelink inmate search because Daron keeps popping up.

According to the report DW is also listed as an admitted gang member. (wondering if the gang is known to LE?)

http://connectedcommunities.us/showthread.php?t=47272

In the photo I do see someone with white sneakers standing against the wall by the dumpster. The person walking with the bucket does not look in his/her direction. Is it possible that the individual was out having a cigarette break from the building and was just standing there and was not observed by the individual with the bucket? If so, I wonder if he/she came forward as a witness or perhaps does not want to be known as a witness from where he stood? Just wondering....

We all saw something but with higher resolution we realized it was just white trash on the ground.

No way will this be upgraded to federal. They could if they wanted, there is some grey in the law that allows some leeway as to what qualifies for federal charges, but... MOOMOOMOO... this administration would never allow this case to be elevated to federal charges. Wrong demographics. An immigrant with a criminal history, who should have been deported years ago, slaughtering a white business owner and his family... just doesn't fit the current agenda. I'd love to see federal charges, but it's not going to happen.

ETA, it would be very easy to bring federal charges, and in other cases in DC there have been federal charges, just not going to happen here IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not convinced that whoever was involved planned to murder from the beginning. It could have been something spur of the moment, like in response to SS breaking free where they killed him and then subsequently killed everyone else. Murder could have been planned since the beginning, just I don't feel that there's enough public information out there to say for sure it being pre-planned or it being spur of the moment. Also he could have committed other crimes, just he wasn't caught. Something like this I'm not convinced was an accident, though I don't think DW would have been in charge of the scene since if it was criminal it was done much better, but it could have been from the same organized crime group if there is such a group:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...y-Have-Sparked-Md-Mansion-Fire-290089551.html

I could see Wint purposefully loosening whatever he had bound Mr. S with and leaving the room to allow Mr. S to try to free himself. Wint then reenters and kills Mr. S and says he had no choice because Mr. S had broken free and Wint killed him because he thought Mr. S was going to kill him. I could see his sick twisted self doing this scenario. He said he "didn't want anyone to get hurt", but had no choice when Mr. S began to fight back.

I get so angry when I think about this piece of garbage killing these innocent people that I could literally :burn:

I agree. I don't think DW was all that successful as a criminal. He had no car, no place to live. He bounced around from his girlfriends to his sisters and dads houses. He was just a grifter and a hustler. I think this was the biggest cash bonus he ever had. JMO

No way will this be upgraded to federal. They could if they wanted, there is some grey in the law that allows some leeway as to what qualifies for federal charges, but... MOOMOOMOO... this administration would never allow this case to be elevated to federal charges. Wrong demographics. An immigrant with a criminal history, who should have been deported years ago, slaughtering a white business owner and his family... just doesn't fit the current agenda. I'd love to see federal charges, but it's not going to happen.

ETA, it would be very easy to bring federal charges, and in other cases in DC there have been federal charges, just not going to happen here IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, it's not this administration that counts, but rather the DC govt. and local politicians who can bring pressure if pressure is needed. SS and AS were frequent high-dollar contributors for local races and some MD federal races, as well as hosting political fundraisers in their home. Add to that the fact that, in their zipcode of 20008, there are very few violent crimes committed(except for domestic violence). Lots of pressure on elected members of the DC govt to elevate this to fed level.

We all saw something but with higher resolution we realized it was just white trash on the ground.

I just saw a face and now I can't get the Beatles' song out of my head. Thanks. :gaah:

I had to go to that awful Daily Mail site and look at their photo of allegedly DW walking away from the burning car. The face (looks like an African American male short cropped hair) is looking toward the camera and his body is hidden behind the dumpster closest the camera. Or not and I am just delusional. I never saw anything on the ground.

I haven't seen anything to suggest DW had this type of money. There are no drug dealing charges or convictions on his record.

dw is a welder. They make good money and jobs are plentiful. When he was arrested in 2009 for beating his girlfriend he listed his employer as Fabmetal or something, they do high end custom work. 40 k is peanuts unless u r a strung out meth head.

dw is a welder. They make good money and jobs are plentiful. When he was arrested in 2009 for beating his girlfriend he listed his employer as Fabmetal or something, they do high end custom work. 40 k is peanuts unless u r a strung out meth head.

If DW was a convicted felon he would have a hard time getting any job
JMO

I forget that in the last couple of years consumer IP cameras have become ubiquitous. So in newer installations, it may be fast, easy, cheap to install a bunch of cameras pointed everywhere, and storage is absolutely cheap so that you'd pipe the streams up to the cloud. Yet, I still am doubtful.

That's not a neighborhood with a ton of churn in residents, and there may be inherited security systems that people kept with old school DVRs, like the one the SS family seems it may have had. The Aussies may have some perimeter footage worth seeing, but I'd be surprised if the homes captured anything of value. But I am no physical security expert with residential experience, so these are only my opinions.

This neighborhood's overabundance of exterior security cameras might well be the biggest blunder of DW's(and/or other perps). Considering the Austrailian property which is directly across 31st St from the SS house, their security cameras along the perimeter would show all traffic along both 31st and Woodland and their cameras on the northern end of the residence point directly at the southern side and garage/driveway of the SS house. The homeowners association and LE went door-to-door requesting exterior recordings. I'm sure that LE knows everything that happened outside of the SS house on both days - how the house was approached as well as all activity in the lawn and driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1