DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a copycat of the Petit Family crime. Perhaps not intentionally, but almost the same, nonetheless. :(

Do you have a link that she knew it in advance.

All I have seen is she said she talked with the assistant afterwards and he told her about dropping off the 40K cash that day. I believe she said the assistant was crying when she talked with him.

That's one version. But in other interviews, after saying she worked at the Dojo all day, she says the drop-off was "scheduled." That means the drop-off was planned ahead...I think in different tellings...she leaves herself open for people to interpret her role any way they wish. She went from a "know-nothing" to knowing all about it.

Copied from another post:

"This is what was reported. Scheduled delivery for martial arts center sure makes it sound like it was all pre-planned. If she didn't know anything about it, why did she talk to the assistant?

"In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning."
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2911463...os-fire-deaths

This is what was reported. Scheduled delivery for martial arts center sure makes it sound like it was all pre-planned. If she didn't know anything about it, why did she talk to the assistant?

"In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning."
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29114637/savopoulos-fire-deaths

I think it is just bad wording either on her part or the media.

She learned of this afterwards when talking to the assistant that dropped the cash off. She said he was crying when she spoke to him and learned about it. He would not be crying then. He would only cry when he talked to her after he learned they were being held hostage when he delivered the cash.

Savvas had to give some reason for wanting the cash so he just used the excuse it was for the martial arts center. Imo, it was never intended for anything else other than rounding up cash for the hostage taker.

IMO

I think it is just bad wording either on her part or the media.

She learned of this afterwards when talking to the assistant that dropped the cash off. She said he was crying when she spoke to him and learned about it. He would not be crying then. He would only cry after he learned they were being held hostage when he delivered the cash.

Savvas had to give some reason for wanting the cash so he just used the excuse it was for the martial arts center. Imo, it was never intended for anything else other than rounding up cash for the hostage taker.

IMO

She didn't say the assistant was crying. Assistant called somebody on Friday (not her) and was crying then.

How could he have acted alone?
I just don't see it.
4 people to "manage", and according to the mugshot website I posted earlier, he was 5'7"or 5'8" and weighed 155. That is not a large guy to control 3 adults, including a man trained in martial arts.

And DDW never had to use the restroom in 10 to 24 hours he was at the S's home?

And I am a Google aficionado...those 2 signs in the garage photo...interesting.

And I think DDW spent the hours between the fire and ditching the Porsche riding around, showing whoever "dissed him", he had a Porsche and a roll of money. I see this as a crime of extreme rage with AS being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just my opinions, and I agree, it does remind me of an episode of Criminal Minds, CSI, or L&O...

This is a total hunch, total speculation, but perhaps he spent Thursday afternoon at a strip joint, showing of his car and cash. Just a hunch from looking at his FB likes and such.

JMO at the moment.

This is a copycat of the Petit Family crime. Perhaps not intentionally, but almost the same, nonetheless. :(

Certainly very similar as many noticed from the start. Petit family had two perps. I don't think we got all our perps yet.

And it shows that all of this 40K cash transaction started THURSDAY morning when Savvas started contacting the bank, the assistant, etc around 7am that morning. So that shows it was NOT preplanned.

None of this transpired until they were already being held hostage in their home.

IMO

And it shows that all of this 40K cash transaction started THURSDAY morning when Savvas started contacting the bank, the assistant, etc around 7am that morning. So that shows it was NOT preplanned. IMO

It was clearly ransom money, and not "scheduled" in advance. Father arranged it in the morning.

It was clearly ransom money, and not "scheduled" in advance. Father arranged it in the morning.

Exactly. None of this was preplanned a day before. As soon as he could talk to his banker, assistant, early Thursday morning is when it happened and not before.

This money was never intended for the martial arts business. It was hostage money the entire time.

The Facebook is very interesting. I bet a lot of those "friends" are being interviewed. One thing I notice is that many of his friends describe themselves (as he did) as working at "self-employed." Some are even "owners" at "self-employed."

Is this some hilarious way to state that you don't work...or could there be a closer connection between these special friends? Is it just slang these days?

This is some what good news to wake up to
It will be better when scum is locked up

I hope that happens very quickly

I said yesterday, ransom, pure and simple

Phillip was found in his room, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was in his room the entire ordeal. I don't know if there were one or more perps, but just wanted to point out that the family wasn't necessarily in different locations during the entire time. We don't know where they were held or how they were moved around.

We do know that when Vera's husband knocked on the front door, he believed someone was on the other side of it. And, the pizza had to be picked up from the stoop as well as the package in the morning. So if there was one perp, he had to leave the family at least in those moments.

Ordering two pizzas is a clue to me that there was at least one other person.

I think there was probably another perp. We just don't know yet.

It is hard to get into the mind of someone like this. For all we know they were all forced to eat the pizza with him. Maybe by then they told him they were hungry. They may have even suggested it hoping the delivery driver would think it strange that he was to put the pizza on the porch with no one coming to the door.

He could have easy contained them. LE has already said the three adults were bound in one area and Philip was found in his bedroom.

I understand why some insist there must be more than one. That subject comes up every time there are multiple murder icims which is understandable I guess but most of the time it turns out to be one sole suspect who did all the multiple murders.

So I don't think he had help nor did he need it. IMO

I think the vest was seen on the suspect at the location of the car after he took off the hooded sweat shirt. I think the safety vest belonged to Savvas and was probably in the vehicle as he would probably put it on when he went out to the job sites. Looking at the signs in the photo of the red car in the driveway and the child at play warning figure he was active in being outside at the work sites and such, probably had a hard hat too. jmo idk

I am interested in the outside cameras.
Were they working before or not?
if they were working, how did he disable them?

I feel there is a second person out there

I think he may have had a planned drop off of money but Thursday morning he had to make arrangements for a larger sum? I also believe that the perp was already holding the wife, son and HK when he got home from work Wed. jmo

I'm sure there will be scrutiny after the fact, but I can see bankers obliging requests from long-term, high-level, big-balance customers. It could be that SS said the money will be put back within the day and he just needed cash for a transaction to be made that morning. We don't know what SS said to get the money. But, yeah, it's not normal business practice....but exceptions are sometimes made for friends and clients.

JMO based on info to date, subject to change

Which would be why you would have your client come in person to be sure that some identity thief wasn't stealing from your valued client as letting some non-signatory take $40K in cash because someone called alleging to be you would not inspire confidence in that bank. I would not want to use a bank where someone could call up and say they were me and to let them send in somebody besides me to pull out large sums of money in cash without my signature. Things like this are supposed to trigger automatic scrutiny - I'm an ex-banker and I've received training on this and even though I was in mortgage banking, things like this are such a big deal that all sections in the bank are trained in suspicious transactions. I question whether or not the transaction was even legal that someone even could phone in to have someone else pick up a cash withdrawal as to me that seems like a huge invitation to identity theft if identity thieves can pretend to be you and send others not authorized in writing by you to drain your bank account with hard to trace cash and flee the country...wire transfers can be done verbally, but those funds are traceable.

I am interested in the outside cameras.
Were they working before or not?
if they were working, how did he disable them?

I feel there is a second person out there

Apparently it's very simple to disable cameras. You can buy a cheap device and jam them by turning this device on.

Which would be why you would have your client come in person to be sure that some identity thief wasn't stealing from your valued client as letting some non-signatory take $40K in cash because someone called alleging to be you would not inspire confidence in that bank. I would not want to use a bank where someone could call up and say they were me and to let them send in somebody besides me to pull out large sums of money in cash without my signature. Things like this are supposed to trigger automatic scrutiny - I'm an ex-banker and I've received training on this and even though I was in mortgage banking, things like this are such a big deal that all sections in the bank are trained in suspicious transactions. I question whether or not the transaction was even legal that someone even could phone in to have someone else pick up a cash withdrawal as to me that seems like a huge invitation to identity theft if identity thieves can pretend to be you and send others not authorized in writing by you to drain your bank account with hard to trace cash and flee the country...wire transfers can be done verbally, but those funds are traceable.

100% agree. Giving out huge amounts of cash without an authorized user present/signing a disclosure form (identifying the reason for the withdrawal) is exactly what banks train their employees NOT to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone