DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no longer a DC local, but I was as recently as a few months ago.

Lyft, Uber, cab, etc. are all options. There is a red line WMATA train stop (Woodley Park) about 3/4 of a mile from where they lived. There are other bus routes within a few blocks, although it's very unlikely he could easily get there via bus from where he lived. If he took public transportation, the train is much more likely IMO.

I've always speculated that he got a ride from someone, partially because I still think there were others involved.

I'm honestly shocked we still don't know these kinds of details about this crime. That area of DC houses the VP, ambassadors, and many wealthy families. The fact that they lived across the street from the Ambassador of Australia and within a few blocks of the VP's residence, and there's still seemingly no video evidence of him arriving or leaving (that we know of, at least) is honestly shocking to me.

Additionally, if they suspected he took the train, they should have been able to get security videos from the likely stations he used.

Thanks for the local info. I agree, that it's odd there has been no mention of video of DW in the neighborhood yet. I don't think he could have walked in from a bus stop, without being seen or picked up on video somewhere.

It does seem like he was likely dropped off. Maybe one of his brothers' --which is why he is now pointing fingers at them.

I'm honestly shocked we still don't know these kinds of details about this crime. That area of DC houses the VP, ambassadors, and many wealthy families. The fact that they lived across the street from the Ambassador of Australia and within a few blocks of the VP's residence, and there's still seemingly no video evidence of him arriving or leaving (that we know of, at least) is honestly shocking to me.

Additionally, if they suspected he took the train, they should have been able to get security videos from the likely stations he used.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm wondering if he got a ride in the box truck, dropped off. ? Speculation on my part.

jmo

I actually am a DC local, I just wondered about how he got to the house because I've never heard that detail. If he took the metro, there would be video of him somewhere along the line, and he'd have a bit of a walk to get to the house - and I think would be captured on video somewhere walking. It seems odd to me that there's been no mention of how he got there, and it makes me think someone gave him a ride.

Am
Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner
DC Fire Lt. Cory Geotz testifying in #Mansionmurders trial said he was trying to knock fire down on 2nd floor when he felt around the room he was in and discovered the body of Phillip Savopoulos. Outside he saw bloody bodies on the lawn. He thought there had been an explosion.

DnaTv-UU0AEIMaK.jpg

3:46 PM - 18 Sep 2018

Am I the only person that is just finding out that the bodies were found outside? I thought they were all in the house. Totally sounds like they were trying to run and he probably lost his temper and killed them. To think that they may have been close to escaping. Damn

Am

Am I the only person that is just finding out that the bodies were found outside? I thought they were all in the house. Totally sounds like they were trying to run and he probably lost his temper and killed them. To think that they may have been close to escaping. Damn

I saw that yesterday, but I couldn't tell if that meant other firefighters had removed the bodies to the lawn or if they were found there. Many media reported they were found dead inside the house, but we are all still learning what happened, so maybe they were killed out there.

I'm definitely interested in learning more about that. If they did almost escape, does that make it more likely DW acted alone? If they were brought outside, does that make it likely there were more than just DW (ie. Someone setting fire inside plus someone outside)?

I saw that yesterday, but I couldn't tell if that meant other firefighters had removed the bodies to the lawn or if they were found there. Many media reported they were found dead inside the house, but we are all still learning what happened, so maybe they were killed out there.

I'm definitely interested in learning more about that. If they did almost escape, does that make it more likely DW acted alone? If they were brought outside, does that make it likely there were more than just DW (ie. Someone setting fire inside plus someone outside)?

I assumed LE/EMTs removed AS, SS and VF from the house as it was an “ active” fire.
VF was still alive according to PH.
I know better than to assume.
I plan to read the remaining 80 pages of PH tonight.

JMO. MOO

I, too, read that report yesterday and just presumed it was a hasty/brief/unclear twitter post.
Paul Wagner on Twitter

Here's the FB recap post, which states "finding the bodies of the three others in a bedroom":
Paul Wagner FOX 5 DC

[...]
Three DC Firefighters also took the stand today and described in detail how they arrived at the house on Woodland Drive and what they did inside the house.

Lt. Christopher Hershey says he was assigned to Engine 28 that day and told the jury how he entered the burning house and found a room "off" on the second floor. He explained "off" is slang for fully engulfed in flames. As he and his partner entered the room they suddenly lost water to the hose. He said Slate shingles falling from the roof as other firefighters were cutting a hole for ventilation sliced the hose line--cutting off their water supply.

A second firefighter, Lt. Cory Geotz, told the court he was on Engine 5 and also went up the stairs with a hose line. After putting out the fire he felt around the room for victims and described finding the body of Phillip deceased on a bed.

A tarp was then placed over the boys charred body. Prosecutors backed up the description with a photograph showing the tarp, the burned bed and the charred remains of the room.

A third firefighter, Sergeant Michael Ader, testified about finding the bodies of the three others in a bedroom near where Phillip was found.

He described his discovery as a "bloodbath".
[...]

Am

I think it just means that this particular firefighter didn't see the 3 adult bodies in the house but saw them on the lawn after other firefighters removed them from the house.

I assumed LE/EMTs removed AS, SS and VF from the house as it was an “ active” fire.
VF was still alive according to PH.
I know better than to assume.
I plan to read the remaining 80 pages of PH tonight.

JMO. MOO

Where are you able to read that? It wouldn't open for me when posted previously. It was scrib or something. Please help me my friend on Team Savopoulis. Thank YOU.

“.... He had shoulder-length dreadlocks, wore a white T-shirt and dark jeans, possibly a skullcap, and had a string bag on his back. The witnesses said the man strode purposefully toward the right garage door, then the door seemed to open halfway for him. He crouched under, went inside and the door closed.”

This sure sounds like someone inside the house was watching, waiting & operating the door for him. Unless he was carrying a remote control opener taken from the home. Or the door was on motion sensors... unlikely - security risk for expensive cars, plus JW didn’t mention any such thing IIRC in his muddled statements about how he accessed the car in garage for money drop.

JMO but this testimony really makes me think he wasn’t acting alone IMO.

I wonder if his brothers Darrell and/or Stefon also had long hair like DW’s at the time. IIRC the perp recorded near AS’s burning car was skinny, not built like DW. I don’t remember the hair on that figure at all, but the witness who saw someone recklessly driving matching car described him with short, neatly trimmed hair. So I also wonder if Darrell and/or Stefon W had short hair!

Mansion Murders: 2 witnesses testify they saw man resembling Daron Wint go into garage

“.... He had shoulder-length dreadlocks, wore a white T-shirt and dark jeans, possibly a skullcap, and had a string bag on his back. The witnesses said the man strode purposefully toward the right garage door, then the door seemed to open halfway for him. He crouched under, went inside and the door closed.”

This sure sounds like someone inside the house was watching, waiting & operating the door for him. Unless he was carrying a remote control opener taken from the home. Or the door was on motion sensors... unlikely - security risk for expensive cars, plus JW didn’t mention any such thing IIRC in his muddled statements about how he accessed the car in garage for money drop.

JMO but this testimony really makes me think he wasn’t acting alone IMO.

I wonder if his brothers Darrell and/or Stefon also had long hair like DW’s at the time. IIRC the perp recorded near AS’s burning car was skinny, not built like DW. I don’t remember the hair on that figure at all, but the witness who saw someone recklessly driving matching car described him with short, neatly trimmed hair. So I also wonder if Darrell and/or Stefon W had short hair!

Mansion Murders: 2 witnesses testify they saw man resembling Daron Wint go into garage

I think DW is guilty of Felony Murder, but I absolutely believe he was working with others and this in fact goes to what he says happened as this shows him arriving on the 14th right before the fires (which he'd still be Felony Murder due to home invasion). This may have even been a hired job as I really have a hard time fathoming DW being a mastermind for anything like this nor anyone of the people that we've heard of. It sounds like whoever was dismantling the security system was doing that before DW arrived and that person on-site may have been taking instructions from someone off-site.

It would be interesting to see the evidence from DW’s FB (or whatever SM) at the time. It’s been said he posted all the time except during the crime - I’d like to know exactly when that SM lull began.

It would be interesting to see the evidence from DW’s FB (or whatever SM) at the time. It’s been said he posted all the time except during the crime - I’d like to know exactly when that SM lull began.

If you google DW and choose “images” as opposed to all- news- shopping- videos-etc., you can see lots of photos of DW from various sources, including several mugshots.
There is one of DW showing his boxers, and he is holding a camera taking his picture- I remember that was on FB- he looks skinny to me. Bulked up arms but skinny IMO.
There is a YouTube video showing DW sitting on steps after his arrest. He is shown in a red circle.

Many of these photos were on his FB and MySpace accounts in 2015. I Googled him when he was announced as a POI/ Suspect.

You can see DW has many “looks”.
Long dreads, shoulder length dresses, short hair... heck I wondered if DW dreads were attached to a black skull cap and he took off the cap when driving the Porsche.

Off topic- sorta —
my husband has a really long ponytail that I braid. If you saw him in a car or walking down the street you’d say he had short hair...
Eyewitness accounts are not always accurate...

JMO

Last edited:

Dear Taylorss,

I agree, the facebook information will be interesting as well as critical to this case. The defense attorneys argued to have the facebook evidence "excluded".

The defense attorneys continue to argue via Motions to have certain pieces of evidence "excluded." I know that's their job.

In the following article, they argued to exclude D.W.'s facebook account as well as to exclude a witness that claimed they saw D.W. in that neighborhood six months before the massacre.

Excerpt from article:

"Wint’s attorneys on Friday asked D.C. Superior Court Judge Juliet McKenna to exclude the evidence collected by the government from Wint’s Facebook page between April 1 and late May 2015."

"Wint’s attorneys also sought to exclude a claim by a witness that they’d seen Wint near the general area of the Savopouloses’ home some time within six months before the killings took place. This witness later identified Wint in three photos published in a newspaper."

Attorneys for man charged in 2015 quadruple killings prepare for September trial

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads