DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AS and SS would have given every penny they had and all their worldly goods, IMO, to stop the situation to appease the home invader(s).

That’s why I don’t think it was all about the money. And I don’t think DW was the mastermind.

Hard drive, iPad, 2 memory cards, and missing computer tower from security system in utility ty closet...

IIRC when DW was arrested didn’t LE find blood on his shoe?

JMO

Yeah, I think there's more to it than that. Nobody had to be tortured to get the money as SS/AS would give it up instantly and if DW was taking that stuff to fence, that opens up a whole other can of worms as to why he didn't take other non-cash items that would be worth way more than those things.

If I recall the video of the man running with the bucket appeared thinner than DW IMHO but I thought it could be the angle and movement. I'd have to see it again it's been years.

Actually I considered that good news. The alternative could have been she wasn't wearing those clothes, if you know what I mean.

True but I do think the witness did see Amy walking.

Sadly that would mean she changed clothes. I shudder at that thought with Wint right there. He could have made her undress in front of him to humilate her even if he didn't sexually assault her.

The fact that she had a bloody shoe print on her jeans is still very heartbreaking.

Didn't his criminal history involve a sexual assault?

Yeah, I think there's more to it than that. Nobody had to be tortured to get the money as SS/AS would give it up instantly and if DW was taking that stuff to fence, that opens up a whole other can of worms as to why he didn't take other non-cash items that would be worth way more than those things.

I am also remembering the blood on his shoe. Don't remember if he ever explained that.

True but I do think the witness did see Amy walking.

Sadly that would mean she changed clothes. I shudder at that thought with Wint right there. He could have made her undress in front of him to humilate her even if he didn't sexually assault her.

The fact that she had a bloody shoe print on her jeans is still very heartbreaking.

Didn't his criminal history involve a sexual assault?

Great info on DW criminal history including assaulting women... threatening to kill...

Daron Wint: Quadruple murder suspect's criminal history

Does anyone think the mini van breakdown was a ruse? Letting the tow truck tow it like it was inoperable? He certainly had cash to pay for it to be towed anywhere and riding with driver would take him away from one of his crime scenes without driving the van. Did the witness say if he used 100.00 bills etc?

As far As I know his step mom never said the van was broken down in need of repair. When she noticed it was just gone yet he didn't want her to call the police.

Why is he the only one destroying evidence like trying to burn the SS home down with the motive of destroying evidence? He was the one in the area of the Porsche owned by his murder victims being destroyed. Another act of destroying evidence where he is linked. Why destroy his own van? Logically that is also evidence he wanted to destroy. Did his brothers destroy their own vehicles? Were they seen destroying anything that belongs personally to them?

Why is DW the one doing all of these things? It all centers all-around him yet according to some he was just a sidekick hungry for pizza and it was really his 2 brothers who did everything?

Jmo

Makes me reconsider my opinion about it being well thought out. It's actually sloppy. The whole tow situation connected a lot of dots for me and the jurors I'm sure.

First he parks his van at 25th & K st which is an extremely busy area of the city, for those of you who are familiar with it. If he didn't want anyone to witness him retrieve the van, he could have taken a taxi or metro and gone undetected. Instead, he gave the prosecution a witness, the tow truck driver, which allows us to track him from the scene of the burning Porsche to the location where he parked his van and then back to the same area. He left 10 phone numbers and a text message on the drivers phone.
Could have been avoided if he was driving his own car. The person who saw him driving erratically on Rte50 may not have noticed him if he were driving his old nondescript minivan, but a bright blue luxury car, definitely.

Last edited:
AS and SS would have given every penny they had and all their worldly goods, IMO, to stop the situation to appease the home invader(s).

That’s why I don’t think it was all about the money. And I don’t think DW was the mastermind.

Hard drive, iPad, 2 memory cards, and missing computer tower from security system in utility ty closet...

IIRC when DW was arrested didn’t LE find blood on his shoe?

JMO

I agree for the most part. I have said often these brutal way over the top overkill murders were never about the money. In fact I think it entertained Wint how SS was willing to jump through all hoops trying to save them all. I think Wint looked at that as weakness and he felt nothing but disgust for those who tried to appease him. Imo

It is obvious to me Wint had held a very abnormal extreme hate filled grudge and it only grew stronger instead of like most others who forget and move on.

Where we disagree..which is perfectly okay.... is I do very much think he was the mastermind.

I think he had thought about his plan for years concerning how he was going to do it all. Imo he had already murdered them in his mind long before he finally carried it out. Vera was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was going to kill everyone no matter who it happened to be.

Imo though...

I believe the Austrailian property groundskeepers. They testified the garage door seemed to open for a black person- someone already inside the garage let him in: more than 1 person. ELINT/Carnivor (those orange balls on the power lines) could be used to see if a garage door opener was used at that location at that time. ELINT/Carnivor records ALL radio data everywhere in the U.S.

BBM

I never heard/read this before. Where'd you learn of this??

The info linked below is all I've ever known:

What Are Those Balls That Hang on Power Lines?

Last edited:
The power lines are VERY long antennas. Allowing ALL rf signals to be captured. The equipment in the orange balls collects the signals and transmits them up to a satellite which re transmits them to a base in Alamogordo New Mexico. I had the program names wrong, it is SIGINT/ Echelon. Carnivore is internet based. ECHELON is researchable, even Wikipedia has an entry.

Last edited:
BBM

I never heard/read this before. Where'd you learn of this??

The info linked below is all I've ever known:

What Are Those Balls That Hang on Power Lines?

I don't know about all power lines but the ones in my state are used exactly as your link states. That is the only use they have. That is why they are usually bright colors which are easily seen.

Jmo

Two twists today:

@fox5wagner reports that the woman at the restaurant who saw DW acting suspiciously in the parking lot where the Posche was burnt, identifies him in court but says he is not the same man on the video we see running away with the bucket on May 14th Paul Wagner (@Fox5Wagner) | Twitter

@clohertywtop reports that AS's friend testified that she saw her walking around 3pm on 5/13 wearing "nice clothes", specifically a skirt. Evidence shows that AS was weairing white jeans when she took PS to the doctor as well as when her body was discovered by firefighters Megan Cloherty (@ClohertyWTOP) | Twitter

What do we make of this?

2 possibilities. One, witnesses are often, unreliable when it comes to specific details. In this witnesses mind she remembers AS was wearing a skirt, but she may have been mistaken. Or perhaps, she was when she walked the dog, and then changed back into her jeans for some reason, before she realized there was a criminal hiding in her basement?

The power lines are VERY long antennas. Allowing ALL rf signals to be captured. The equipment in the orange balls collects the signals and transmits them up to a satellite which re transmits them to a base in Alamogordo New Mexico. I had the program names wrong, it is SIGINT/ Echelon. Carnivore is internet based.

Do they have those in DC?
Are there some near the S house?
DC has very restricted air space.

Just wondering...

Washington, DC Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area - Wikipedia

Do they have those in DC?
Are there some near the S house?
DC has very restricted air space.

Just wondering...

Washington, DC Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area - Wikipedia
Yes. I see the power lines in the photo of the house. They do not need to be that close. the length of the powerline antenna increases the signal capture of the weakest of signals. EVERY rf signal is captured, from tv station to car alarm. Possibly even the 5 milliwatt emf your brain gives off.

Yes. I see the power lines in the photo of the house. They do not need to be that close. the length of the powerline antenna increases the signal capture of the weakest of signals. EVERY rf signal is captured, from tv station to car alarm. Possibly even the 5 milliwatt emf your brain gives off.

Are you saying every power line transmits rf signals or just those with the orange balls?

I live in an area with underground utilities. And the only orange balls are on a few tall ones in an electric company easement miles away.

I see regular power lines in the S house photos but no orange balls.

JMO

Are you saying every power line transmits rf signals or just those with the orange balls?

I live in an area with underground utilities. And the only orange balls are on a few tall ones in an electric company easement miles away.

I see regular power lines in the S house photos but no orange balls.

JMO

I thought the orange balls were merely for visibility. I lived in the DC area and never saw them on power lines around me. I lived in an older part of town with many above ground power lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member