DCF Shelter Hearings

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'A dependency arraignment for Mark Sievers, who’s accused of orchestrating his wife’s murder in June 2015, has been continued to next month after a brief hearing Monday.'

'Sievers hasn’t yet been served with a petition, which is a formal filing that lists the allegations against a parent. State officials expect to serve him in jail, with an arraignment now set for April 18.'

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/Sievers-Hearustody-of-children-372935021.html

Thank you Nin for the article explaining what the heck a petition of dependency meant. The NBC-2 report used that wording. (probably the correct "law term")

So I have waited all morning for this hearing that lasted exactly one minute...
I really need to get a life :giggle:

Thank you Nin for the article explaining what the heck a petition of dependency meant. The NBC-2 report used that wording. (probably the correct "law term")

So I have waited all morning for this hearing that lasted exactly one minute...
I really need to get a life :giggle:

Yeeeeesss, boys & girls.... this is how the legal system works. AND kids welfare is hanging like from dental floss here. They actually have a 'daily life' & should come FIRST !

I'm sooooooooo pissed. Then I remeber MS "smug" expression every time he's on camera.... hope he gets "Fogle(d)" in The Big House.

'A dependency arraignment for Mark Sievers, who’s accused of orchestrating his wife’s murder in June 2015, has been continued to next month after a brief hearing Monday.'

'Sievers hasn’t yet been served with a petition, which is a formal filing that lists the allegations against a parent. State officials expect to serve him in jail, with an arraignment now set for April 18.'

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/Sievers-Hearustody-of-children-372935021.html

I would think if DCF felt the girls were not well placed the petition would have been served by now. My guess is that the girls are settled and comfortable, having access to family but also having a stable relationship with the guardians. It takes time to do the home studies. In this case, one side or the other is going to be unhappy (and this case is sooo public) so they are probably being prudent.

We know MS won't confirm admit or give consent on charges. I would think the DCF folks are moving but not racing to determine who might be best to have custody of the girls. So, time is not a great issue.

Sounds as if there were a lot of home evaluations to be checking into. These girls are blessed to have many loved ones who would like to step up and care for them. The more homes and people to evaluate tthe more time consuming I imagine. I want those reports to be as thorough as possible because these girls deserve to end up with the best possible caretaker(s) after all they have been through.

The delay is frustrating. But I am a glass half full kinda gal at heart. I hope the extra time afforded by this continuance will be fully utilized to determine the best possible situation for the girls going forward.

A petition of dependency is a formal filing that lists the allegations against a parent.

It's all explained in the link I posted:

Irked that somebody didn't do their job by ensuring the required petition was served timely but my disappointment is greatly tempered by that photo of him in waist chains and tightly handcuffed. I know how confining and humiliating that is for an arrogant control freak like Mark Sievers. LOVE that pic.

Who was the dumb one that failed to serve MS with the petition?!

This is a matter of two little girls lives. The sooner they get settled in a forever home, the sooner they can start believing in humans again, start learning what trust and love is, and the work on deprogramming them will be offset with the positives in their new life.

With so many of TS family members available to raise them, I cannot imagine the judge allowing an outsider to have them. Also, I feel BS is not in the best age range to take on the responsibility of a 9 and 12 year old. Sister Annie seems the logical choice since she and TS were so close. She knows those girls like they were her own

The brother in Florida is the likely person as he is family, lives in Florida which means the girls would have access to both BS and MS.

My opinions only.

Of course time is a great issue. Their current placement was only for the emergency shelter hearing. Plus, the temporary guardian expressed concern at the least hearing regarding school and work schedules.

Time is of the essence.

Irked that somebody didn't do their job by ensuring the required petition was served timely but my disappointment is greatly tempered by that photo of him in waist chains and tightly handcuffed. I know how confining and humiliating that is for an arrogant control freak like Mark Sievers. LOVE that pic.

Chains and Cuffs..... great way to accessorize The New Black. That green frock is now soooo 'last hearing'.

Who was the dumb one that failed to serve MS with the petition?!

This is a matter of two little girls lives. The sooner they get settled in a forever home, the sooner they can start believing in humans again, start learning what trust and love is, and the work on deprogramming them will be offset with the positives in their new life.

With so many of TS family members available to raise them, I cannot imagine the judge allowing an outsider to have them. Also, I feel BS is not in the best age range to take on the responsibility of a 9 and 12 year old. Sister Annie seems the logical choice since she and TS were so close. She knows those girls like they were her own

The brother in Florida is the likely person as he is family, lives in Florida which means the girls would have access to both BS and MS.

My opinions only.

Re BBM - Neither Teresa or Mark has a brother that lives in Florida. Just clarifying. :)

Sounds as if there were a lot of home evaluations to be checking into. These girls are blessed to have many loved ones who would like to step up and care for them. The more homes and people to evaluate tthe more time consuming I imagine. I want those reports to be as thorough as possible because these girls deserve to end up with the best possible caretaker(s) after all they have been through.

The delay is frustrating. But I am a glass half full kinda gal at heart. I hope the extra time afforded by this continuance will be fully utilized to determine the best possible situation for the girls going forward.

I would be willing to bet DCF went into that hearing today with all the home studies complete and their recommendation ready to present to the judge.

They couldn't present their finding because yet again, their agency dropped the ball.

I think you're fooling yourself if you think this extra time will be used to further look into placement options. That part is complete IMO.

Of course time is a great issue. Their current placement was only for the emergency shelter hearing. Plus, the temporary guardian expressed concern at the least hearing regarding school and work schedules.

Time is of the essence.

True, Greater Than..... I'm just steamed up here. Those posting after my "pissed" post are right too. But I'm aware of how things can drag on AND add to that... Mr Smug himself.

I am very bitter when it comes to DCF. Time and time again I have seen defenseless children pay the ultimate price because of DCF's incompetencies. Fortunately this particular case is not one of child abuse or neglect, but it's still frustrating for me to see DCF screwing up again.

This happens a lot in social services . One worker has over hundred cases (fact in Oregon). I have seen CSD (child services department in Oregon) purposely not serve petitions to parents to give the case worker more time to investigate. Home studies generally take 2months to complete if many ppl are stepping up to serve as guardians. Each person needs personal references from different time periods in their life. It's more complicated than it looks

I still think that some of Teresa's family will relocate to Florida because -even if not granted custody of the girls - they will want to be a part of the girls' lives. Their hearts will lead them to these girls.

I have a question for the wonderful AZLawyer:
Will the girls have a say in the decision of whom they will be residing with?
Thanks in advance!

These girls are all TS's family have left of TS and are their own flesh and blood. I hope with all my heart that TS's family gets custody of the girls.

When assessments are carried out here in the UK, all potential candidates undergo the preliminary stuff at the same time. I live 200 miles away from my 'littles' and was assessed by a different social worker than the other 3 potentials.

There is no excuse for not serving him.
The girls are in temporary care of someone, not able to settle and put down roots yet.
MS will get to argue against the petition and the Judge will need to make findings in order to proceed.
All potential guardians can state their cases if they don't agree with the Social Workers choice.

They have lived in an unsettled and possibly unstable environment since their Mom was killed. It is a sad state of affairs that the DCF didn't already have everything ready to hit the ground running, MS arrest was impending at the first shelter hearing in Feb. The system in Fl. is shameful, and I will respectfully disagree that this isn't abuse or neglect.
Leaving young children in limbo whilst we make excuses for all the adults is in fact abusive.

When assessments are carried out here in the UK, all potential candidates undergo the preliminary stuff at the same time. I live 200 miles away from my 'littles' and was assessed by a different social worker than the other 3 potentials.

There is no excuse for not serving him.
The girls are in temporary care of someone, not able to settle and put down roots yet.
MS will get to argue against the petition and the Judge will need to make findings in order to proceed.
All potential guardians can state their cases if they don't agree with the Social Workers choice.

They have lived in an unsettled and possibly unstable environment since their Mom was killed. It is a sad state of affairs that the DCF didn't already have everything ready to hit the ground running, MS arrest was impending at the first shelter hearing in Feb. The system in Fl. is shameful, and I will respectfully disagree that this isn't abuse or neglect.
Leaving young children in limbo whilst we make excuses for all the adults is in fact abusive.

Well stated, NSS..... THANK YOU! Now I'm getting worked up again---hard not to when kids are involved like this.

The longer the girls are left with who they are with now, the harder it is going to be for them to leave, IMO. This is probably the first time since their mother was murdered they have had any routine and structure to their lives. It would be so much better to get them to where they will be living permanently rather than delay after delay. They lost their mother via murder by their father and now their father will likely be incarcerated the rest of his life (rightfully so).

I say stop jerking these girls around and get them in a good, stable, permanent environment!! It is way past time!

*I am not saying they are not being taken care of where they are now.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member