DCF Shelter Hearings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think easing them from MS is a good idea also. He is their link to what used to be a normal life for them. Whatever MS is or isn't, he is who they know as dad. With DCF involved, hopefully the girls are getting to express their thoughts and fears to a "neutral" party.

I would imagine these two young girls have a lot of questions that hopefully are being answered honestly. My concern is that If they are constantly being told that their dad would never do anything to hurt their mother; that he was not involved in any way blah blah blah, these girls are going to have even greater trust issues.

Needless to say, I would not doubt that MS has told them a lot of untruths about TS family and friends, essentially poisoning the well.

That bothers me as well Zuri. These precious little girls are likely to have quite a bit of input as to who they will evidentially live with.

From the link above: Tottenham is again spreading the word about a fundraiser for the girls' college tuition. Since she launched the Web page eight months ago, donors have given more than $6,600.Whether or not they fully grasp what has happened, the girls seemed determined to get through it, Tottenham said.
"I know that I'm strong and I know that her spirit's here," [J] told Tottenham as the two hugged. "But I really miss my mama."
To donate, visit https://www.generosity.com/emergencies-fundraising/college-fund-for-josephine-carmi-sievers.

Won't they eventually get millions from the insurances?

Even though I would like the maternal family to get custody, I can also see BS making sure TS's memory lives on if she won custody. She cared for TS. Buying the carrots was an example. She was thinking of others. Can't blame her for MS's actions. The charade he put on for all these mths with his own mother. So sad

As bad as I feel for BS, I can't imagine her receiving custody of the girls and MS not manipulating only her from jail but the girls in every aspect of their lives.

As bad as I feel for BS, I can't imagine her receiving custody of the girls and MS not manipulating only her from jail but the girls in every aspect of their lives.
In one of AL' interviews, didn't she say that TS was disappointed that BS, apparently moved close by to help with the girls, but in actuality, did very little.

From the link above: Tottenham is again spreading the word about a fundraiser for the girls' college tuition. Since she launched the Web page eight months ago, donors have given more than $6,600.Whether or not they fully grasp what has happened, the girls seemed determined to get through it, Tottenham said.
"I know that I'm strong and I know that her spirit's here," [J] told Tottenham as the two hugged. "But I really miss my mama."
To donate, visit https://www.generosity.com/emergencies-fundraising/college-fund-for-josephine-carmi-sievers.

I'm not really worried about their college education right now. But I would be interested in donating to a fund for extensive counseling for the girls. Definitely!!

It was nice to see, that both families were sitting in the same row. Good too, that LS and GS were both hugging AL and DB! That really puts an end to all allegations aimed at LS/GS possibly playing a part in all this - for me. Yes, they are all victims, especially BS. Sad indeed.

How is the weather in Oregon?

-Nin

There was activity at the house yesterday...not sure who was who, but the convertible Sebring was there. I would assume BS may be back to caring for the animals?? or gathering items for the girls?? JMO

Really not sure what's appropriate to post anymore, but elated that it's because MS is arrested.

And yes, he taunted the neighbors constantly and, I feel, the worst part was using the girls to go first when it came to dealing with the dogs getting out or getting a ball out of someone's yard. They knew not to step away from him, but it was okay to place them in front of him to avoid any conflict. It is also my opinion that he would in NO WAY want those girls in the public school system...he never left their side! The guy is just such an oddity and has done so many weird things. I am surprised he has never been arrested before...he's a creeper!

I'm sure MS probably played a hand in downplaying his mom. If TS was working all those long hours, she would probably only hear from MS regarding his mom's lack of helping. I'm not about to write her off yet. Even though, DCF needs to do more background check on her as stated during the last sheltering hearing.

I'm sure MS probably played a hand in downplaying his mom. If TS was working all those long hours, she would probably only hear from MS regarding his mom's lack of helping. I'm not about to write her off yet. Even though, DCF needs to do more background check on her as stated during the last sheltering hearing.

After listening to the video of AL speaking about BS, IMO, both MS and TS had a hand in criticizing BS. Not nice to complain as they were having her watch the house and pets. MOO

Oh come on- how many women don't complain about their mother-in-laws on occasion. I love mine and we are good friends but there are things I would change about her if I could, I'm sure she feels the same way about me too at times! It's life- real life.

After listening to the video of AL speaking about BS, IMO, both MS and TS had a hand in criticizing BS. Not nice to complain as they were having her watch the house and pets. MOO

People do that kind of belly aching all the time though when shooting the breeze/blowing off steam with their best friend. It just usually doesn't become published or known outside of who they confided their innermost feelings to.

Same thing if MS' brother gets custody, which according to an nbc article previously linked here, he would do.

There's some informative and comforting information in this article regarding the guardianship process in this case. Those girls are so fortunate to have so many people who love and want them.

"Even though Mark Sievers is in jail, accused of planning his wife's murder, he still technically has some parental rights since he hasn't been convicted.

But with so many people offering to care for his daughters in the short-term, it could come down to the girls themselves, deciding who they'd rather stay with.

[...]

While family members are considered first, family living out-of-state, such as Teresa's, can pose a challenge as they're required to follow more rules.

"You have to not only comply with the requirements of the state in which the child is located, but also the requirements of the state where the child is going." [said Lori Clifford, family law attorney, who has no ties to the case.]

With Teresa's family considering setting up a home here, and Mark's mother and brother also expressing their interest, Clifford said it could come down to the girls themselves.

"Because they are a party, the judge does speak to them. So if there's a question between this home or that home, the court will very much listen to that."

Clifford said supervising phone calls between Sievers and his daughters will make the transition less jarring for the girls, and it's not uncommon for the children to have a therapist present to help them process what their father has to say."

http://www.abc-7.com/story/31340098/judge-to-decide-fate-of-sievers-girls

There's some informative and comforting information in this article regarding the guardianship process in this case. Those girls are so fortunate to have so many people who love and want them.

"Even though Mark Sievers is in jail, accused of planning his wife's murder, he still technically has some parental rights since he hasn't been convicted.

But with so many people offering to care for his daughters in the short-term, it could come down to the girls themselves, deciding who they'd rather stay with.

[...]

While family members are considered first, family living out-of-state, such as Teresa's, can pose a challenge as they're required to follow more rules.

"You have to not only comply with the requirements of the state in which the child is located, but also the requirements of the state where the child is going." [said Lori Clifford, family law attorney, who has no ties to the case.]

With Teresa's family considering setting up a home here, and Mark's mother and brother also expressing their interest, Clifford said it could come down to the girls themselves.

"Because they are a party, the judge does speak to them. So if there's a question between this home or that home, the court will very much listen to that."

Clifford said supervising phone calls between Sievers and his daughters will make the transition less jarring for the girls, and it's not uncommon for the children to have a therapist present to help them process what their father has to say."

http://www.abc-7.com/story/31340098/judge-to-decide-fate-of-sievers-girls

The investigation process can be quite lengthy to determine who has legal custody and Guardianship of the children there is a fine line between them the state may give "custody" to someone but will have a "Guardian as Litem" sorry for the spelling that will have actual control of everything including any hospital procedures that are necessary for the children. Until all legal processes are done the children will be in limbo.

It's got to be tearing MS apart right now to not have the girls under his thumb. I've avoided saying this because I know people are rather sensitive about these kind of judgements, but there's something incredibly creepy about MS's obsession with his children. Sorry, but before anyone gets on to me... There is a difference between loving your children and trying to control every aspect of their lives--refusing to even let them out of your sight, and going into hysterics when a family member offers to keep them for a few days. Of all the haunting aspects of this case, I think that this is most disturbing to me personally.

It was nice to see, that both families were sitting in the same row. Good too, that LS and GS were both hugging AL and DB! That really puts an end to all allegations aimed at LS/GS possibly playing a part in all this - for me. Yes, they are all victims, especially BS. Sad indeed.

How is the weather in Oregon?

-Nin
I agree. I think the right thing will be done for the children. Who is left, seems to care a great deal for them. I too, hope both families can get along, at least for the girl's sake.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hoping that both families work together for the girls. Whoever gets custody needs to put their differences aside and get along . So much healing for everyone . AL sure showed a class act at the hearing through her statements. Watching BS walk to the elevator in the news clip was sad. Obvious she's in emotional pain. Her son used her. So sad.
I have this feeling once MS gets settled into jail, his mind will start thinking again. Monitored or not, I most certainly he will still try to manipulate his mother. She's really his only outlet to the outside world.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's got to be tearing MS apart right now to not have the girls under his thumb. I've avoided saying this because I know people are rather sensitive about these kind of judgements, but there's something incredibly creepy about MS's obsession with his children. Sorry, but before anyone gets on to me... There is a difference between loving your children and trying to control every aspect of their lives--refusing to even let them out of your sight, and going into hysterics when a family member offers to keep them for a few days. Of all the haunting aspects of this case, I think that this is most disturbing to me personally.

Couldn't agree more. Another reason why it was insane for the judge to allow Mark--there was plenty of evidence of his psychopathy by then--to keep the girls last December, a decision that could easily have ended in tragedy.

Probably one of them took some time off . Sounds like they need both incomes which is why they wanted to enroll them in public school. When It was stated that MS approved of the public school idea, I got the feeling that he wanted them to like it so in the future that would be a stand for the girls to be based in the current area. More in his power to keep the girls in the state. Stability can be a big factor in court cases.

I'm sorry to be a cynic, but MS is only thinking of himself with every move he makes. There are loving family members on both sides that would be happy to provide love and acceptance to the girls and make whatever sacrifices would be necessary. His need to control their lives is driving his determination to make things work with "his" chosen care providers. That tells me he is confident he can manipulate them to serve his own emotional and financial needs. Not even his daughters are as important to MS as himself. jmoo

So for right now these girls are in a Temporary Shelter situation, correct? With someone who is a friend of MS - and also possibly a friend of TS. And we can assume it is not the person from the last time around who had an inappropriate sexual background, correct?

And MS is allowed telephone contact with his children. Which we can assume will be monitored, since he is in jail.

So this Judge has to make a decision as to where these children will go for the longer term, right? With an eye towards the fact that it well could end up to be permanent.

Are interviews conducted with each person who has expressed an interest? Are the children themselves interviewed as part of the process? Why would it be of any importance whether or not the children stay in the same state? What if the most qualified person(s) happen to live in another state?

The elderly maternal out-of- state grandparents were granted custody of the young daughter in the Pittsburgh case of the cyanide murder of Dr. Amber Klein by her husband, a research physician. I'm pretty sure the adult son and his wife of the murderer father also were interested in taking the girl, but the maternal grandparents were closer to her, had come to town several times to stay with her while her parents traveled, etc.

I am in agreement with many who have posted here that out of state would probably be the best thing in this case.

-------------------

I doubt it is up to the people providing Temporary Shelter to these children to determine who can and cannot visit with them. These types of decisions would be up to DCF, correct?

Otherwise, what would prevent anyone from potentially exploiting the children by, say, allowing press interviews, or something stupid like that?

Face it, this is the kind of case that the National Enquirer pays out money to friends and relatives for "inside scoops" and photographs. Remember the photographs sold in the Casey Anthony case? Remember George and Cindy Anthony being wined and dined and flown hither and yon?

I think one of the reasons they may be forced to stay in FL is because he will be entitled visitors and can request the court to have the children listed as approved visitors and it be part of the custody plan while he awaits his hearings and trials that he should be able to have access to them for visits. Whoever receives custody will have to agree to those stipulations.
Don't misunderstand me, I think the further away from him they are, the better. However, he is their father and he's only been arrested, not convicted. Innocent until proven guilty and all that good garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member