Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jane Doe has DNA submitted as does Henrietta, can’t be her as CODIS would have a match.

Reading all kinds of posts about matching DNA through CODIS (family members included)I I wouldn't' be so sure....

Neither is on each other's rule-out list, so....holding out hope.

I drove down that area today. Clear shot from elkton Maryland ...and opposite way pennsville new jersey. In the late 60s, area was desolate...built up now. Person had to be familiar with that part of Delaware.

I would think she had a fever and feeling horrible from the infection. Where and who was she with that didn't bother to get her medical attention? Don't think family or friend. Maybe someone's home who did these back alley abortions. What is he extent of info given about laundry company? Owner still alive?

I would think she had a fever and feeling horrible from the infection. Where and who was she with that didn't bother to get her medical attention? Don't think family or friend. Maybe someone's home who did these back alley abortions. What is he extent of info given about laundry company? Owner still alive?

Anyone could have left her. Being single and pregnant was a huge embarrassment. Parents used to call the shots on adoption too. I've advocated for birth parents and adoptees as long as I've been online.

This is what happens when abortion is not legal.

It's been months since I've been on here, so glad people are still interested in JD. Sry for length of comment but I wanted to share my thoughts. I really need to spend time at library to find & print things i have found in the past & piece them together. The true pic of JD would be more helpful on here, but I have to read to see if that is allowed. I didn't read all the rules. I've shared articles of her on other lostnmissing FB groups, including the southern states mentioned in the one article mentioning relatives, & on my own page. Hopefully others do the same. The interesting thing I found to investigate was a man's name on 1 of the documents. I searched & found he passed away in lower Delaware in 2014. I believe I found some kind of connection, that man has male relatives around Trenton NJ! Wouldn't it make sense if something happened to JD in NJ, they called their relative in DE for help, who knew the area very well. Transported her here to a desolate spot, but didn't actually hide her body completely bc they wanted her eventually found. They "dumped" her on top of a construction material trash pile, not behind it or in the woods & not completely covered, where she would be seen at a later time. And eventually buried in a proper cemetary. Imo someone cared about her, but afraid to be caught. Since I'm still local, I was considering contacting others still in the area that remember this. I'd also like to place a cross with her ID name close to the original location where she was found. Maybe someone still passes by there that knows. Possibly take a picture of it & send to newspaper. But only after I figure out the FOIA paperwork, where to send it for a quick reaction, & get a reply. Maybe then we will have the info needed to finally put her to rest.

It's been months since I've been on here, so glad people are still interested in JD. Sry for length of comment but I wanted to share my thoughts. I really need to spend time at library to find & print things i have found in the past & piece them together. The true pic of JD would be more helpful on here, but I have to read to see if that is allowed. I didn't read all the rules. I've shared articles of her on other lostnmissing FB groups, including the southern states mentioned in the one article mentioning relatives, & on my own page. Hopefully others do the same. The interesting thing I found to investigate was a man's name on 1 of the documents. I searched & found he passed away in lower Delaware in 2014. I believe I found some kind of connection, that man has male relatives around Trenton NJ! Wouldn't it make sense if something happened to JD in NJ, they called their relative in DE for help, who knew the area very well. Transported her here to a desolate spot, but didn't actually hide her body completely bc they wanted her eventually found. They "dumped" her on top of a construction material trash pile, not behind it or in the woods & not completely covered, where she would be seen at a later time. And eventually buried in a proper cemetary. Imo someone cared about her, but afraid to be caught. Since I'm still local, I was considering contacting others still in the area that remember this. I'd also like to place a cross with her ID name close to the original location where she was found. Maybe someone still passes by there that knows. Possibly take a picture of it & send to newspaper. But only after I figure out the FOIA paperwork, where to send it for a quick reaction, & get a reply. Maybe then we will have the info needed to finally put her to rest.

I think it's allowed to link to a post-mortem picture with "warning-graphic" in red lettering. I saw people do that before.

I totally agree that the real photos of her post-mortem would be very helpful. The sketch does not capture what she looks like, IMO. There's something about the nose and shape of face that I don't think can really be seen in the composites. Last I checked, her photos had been made invisible to the general public on NamUs. Did anyone download and keep copies? I agree that it would be useful to have those and they are allowed on Websleuths with a link and a warning.

I agree...I feel like I cannot get a good description of her facial features.
Was the red hair tie ever tested or laundry bag?

I don't know if this recon has been posted yet.
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/163562888/

May 19, 1967 [h=4]A Publisher Extra Newspaper[/h][h=1]The News Journal from Wilmington, Delaware · Page 3
attachment.php
[/h]

Attachments

• NamUs UP # 7097 Delaware.JPG
    NamUs UP # 7097 Delaware.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 179
Here is what our Jane Doe really looks like. Link to actual post-mortem pic below. Original photos came from Delaware Chief Medical Examiner's office but show on various other sites. Original showed the deceased eyes open, was modified to partially closed.
WARNING: POST-MORTOM PHOTO MAY BE UPSETTING TO SOME VIEWERS.
Commons.wikimedia.org
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Miss_X_body.jpg

Have you tried contacting an investigator? I asked a friend who is a DSP officer about viewing parts of the case file 10 years ago. Denied because at the time it was considered an open investigation. I wonder if it would be accessible now that the COD was changed from fat embolism caused by a criminal attempted abortion to septicemia.

I added two of Miss X’s post mortem pictures to the FB group Unidentified And Unclaimed People In The 1930- 2017 if interested in viewing.

Awesome! Bombshell can you add those pics here? It would help for others to compare actual photos rather than sketches & composites! You have the one I saw months ago but couldn't find again (full face). I haven't checked with law enforcement yet but plan to after holidays.

Thank you for posting pic links!
I wish my state of DE would generate some buzz again about this case. Who would you contact in regards to doing this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back