Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe our deceased was adopted or once in foster care. Could be why the relatives in virg and n carolina dont seem to know much....or why no one has come forward to claim her.

Maybe our deceased was adopted or once in foster care. Could be why the relatives in virg and n carolina dont seem to know much....or why no one has come forward to claim her.

We don't know. We don't know how close the relationship was. Would be nice if Colleen was interested to finish the case

We don't know. We don't know how close the relationship was. Would be nice if Colleen was interested to finish the case

I would like to know what the familial connection was.

My grandmother had a baby out of wedlock around 1940-1941-ish, but she said he died of SIDS when he was 3 days old while in the hospital. I think he may have been adopted, because that was about the same time she started attending her church. I think she gave it to someone there and went just to see him grow up. I don't think she ever forgave herself for what happened and spent the rest of her life trying to atone for it. I mention this because if someone showed up at my doorstep and said I had an unknown maternal relative out there, I'd have an idea as to where to start looking, but that's just my family history.

Is it possible to request police reports information? We have alot of info from the coroner's office, but it would be helpful to have more info from the police reports. I'm from that immediate area & have a few questions on specifics I have often wondered about.

Recent ancestry testing suggests she may be of European, Italian, Greek, or Jewish descent. DNA was compared with genealogy websites and revealed a maternal connection with relatives in Virginia and North Carolina, but no one contacted knows who the victim is.
This fascinated me! If this happened to me I seriously wouldn't sleep! I have tracked my genealogy on my father's side back to 1500, and my mother's to the 1700's. This doe's earliest birth year according to her estimated age would have been 1942. My grandmother had a family bible that listed all my immediate families DOB. I have to say it's both easy and hard to track relatives past the depression era because there is this need for privacy to the possibly living. Maybe she is still listed as living on the genealogy sites? Maybe she turned 18 and left home?

Is it possible to request police reports information? We have alot of info from the coroner's office, but it would be helpful to have more info from the police reports. I'm from that immediate area & have a few questions on specifics I have often wondered about.

Please please submit a FOIA request and share the documents with us!

Okay so this is completely far-fetched, but I did have a thought.

Could this doe be a grown-up Mary Rachel Bryan?
I'm just thinking why the family wouldn't know who she was if Mary was 4 when she went missing and was believed to be deceased. She did go missing from NC. I don't know.

I almost wonder if she was in a Jaycee Lee Duggard kidnap situation. She dies from a blood infection (from an untreated infection) which isn't exactly foul play, but then whomever it was dumped her like it was foul play? If it was a natural cause then why would they conceal her death? The fact that they dumped her body makes this suspicious like someone was hiding something.

Maybe she did not have any close knit family or friends..baby's father not in the picture. Checked herself into a motel...wld explain laundry bag..and attempted a home remedy abortion of inserting (soaps) Housekeeping or management could have found her and panicked. Maybe didn't want police involved....so sad :(
I'm from Delaware...the laundry bag was from NJ, half hr away from where body was found. Right over the bridge...straight drive down route 40 into Bear,DE.

I keep going back to only wearing panties and hair pulled up. Would explain if she was hot with fever from the infection and laying in bed feeling sick with her hair pulled back. Person probably took her as they found her. Says she died from a blood infection due to attempted abortion..soap like substance in vaginal cavity. Fetus still present. I heard about home remedy's such as this intended to spontaneous abort. Maybe she or a so called doctor attempted this and failed. She ended up with an infection instead. Could of told no one she was pregnant...

The laundry bag is a key factor to help identify. Think someone is scared to come forward in fear of the law.....this was abortion in the 1960s.

I'm so uneducated about this, sorry. How was it discovered with DNA that she had relatives in VA and NC?

I'm so uneducated about this, sorry. How was it discovered with DNA that she had relatives in VA and NC?

They used ancestral DNA to match her to people who had made their profiles public. It indicated a relationship but the people they located had no knowledge of her.

She could have been given up for adoption at birth. May be a reason why the relatives are not familiar with our Jane doe.
I feel like the laundry bag and its origin is an important clue in this case. Someone used it to cover her legs. I'm assuming when transporting her bottom half was showing so they needed to cover up her legs??

She wasn't dressed ..except for panties...so why cover up lower extremities?

In the late 60's, Bear Delaware was very rural...corn and cattle. I think this spot was picked because of it being desolate, which would lead me to think the person who dumped the body was familiar with the area. If they wanted to take the body out of state, both Maryland and New Jersey are a straight drive to this location and is only approx a half hour away. I know the laundry bag company in NJ is now closed, but I wonder if they distributed their services to neighboring states like DE or MD?

Anyone know if at the time of discovering her body, did law enforcement take the one clue..stamped laundry bag from NJ...and physically go to the manufacturer and ask questions? Where they distributed to...show her pic and ask if she looked familiar, maybe she or the transporter worked there.

I keep going back to only wearing panties and hair pulled up. Would explain if she was hot with fever from the infection and laying in bed feeling sick with her hair pulled back. Person probably took her as they found her. Says she died from a blood infection due to attempted abortion..soap like substance in vaginal cavity. Fetus still present. I heard about home remedy's such as this intended to spontaneous abort. Maybe she or a so called doctor attempted this and failed. She ended up with an infection instead. Could of told no one she was pregnant...

Her primary COD is fat embolism. This happens VERY suddenly and could have happened hours to days after the abortion. She could have been sleeping in just her panties and died in her sleep of the embolism.

There is nothing indicating an infection or extreme blood loss. She died from a rare, but deadly complication.

Her primary COD is fat embolism. This happens VERY suddenly and could have happened hours to days after the abortion. She could have been sleeping in just her panties and died in her sleep of the embolism.

There is nothing indicating an infection or extreme blood loss. She died from a rare, but deadly complication.

Her cause of death was recently revised as septicemia.

Anyone know if at the time of discovering her body, did law enforcement take the one clue..stamped laundry bag from NJ...and physically go to the manufacturer and ask questions? Where they distributed to...show her pic and ask if she looked familiar, maybe she or the transporter worked there.

I'm not sure, but the owner of the laundromat is now deceased.

Wonder what the purpose was with using the laundry bag at all....they only covered up her lower half and she was nude.
The red hair ribbon...do we know if it was actually a hairtie or a piece of ripped fabric someone used as a makeshift hair tie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back