DE - Dominion Voting Systems vs. Fox News, $1.6B Defamation Trial for 2020 election lies, 17 Apr 2023 *Settled $787m* + add’l trials

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Dominion Voting Systems can force Fox Corporation executives Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch to testify on the witness stand at this month's scheduled defamation trial, a Delaware judge said Wednesday.

Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis said at a hearing that if Dominion subpoenas the Murdochs to testify in-person, he would not quash those subpoenas, and the Murdochs would need to show up to the courthouse. Dominion has sued Fox News for defamation, and says it was defamed by the right-wing network when Fox hosts and guests claimed in 2020 that its voting systems illegally rigged the election
There is nothing I would like more than seeing the Murdochs subpoened!
They have almost single-handedly contributed to the taking down of democracy.

Of course they did. And they do. "Fox News" is an oxymoron. (IMO.)

They've used the fact that they lie as an actual defense in at least one previous lawsuit, btw. (A lawsuit they won.)

Interesting. The Judge was appointed by Trump. Considering the lawsuit was brought by Karen McDougal, I wonder how that Judge feels today considering the latest "coincidences" involving an indictment of a former President with testimony from the former publisher of the National Enquirer.

Interesting. The Judge was appointed by Trump. Considering the lawsuit was brought by Karen McDougal, I wonder how that Judge feels today considering the latest "coincidences" involving an indictment of a former President with testimony from the former publisher of the National Enquirer.
Ugh! Did the judge not consider the reasoning capabilities of the viewers?
I hope that doesn't set any kind of precedent.

Re Murdoch and lies, have a little read of this, re the 1975 Australian Federal Election.

"To understand the mistrust of Murdoch’s media balance, it’s useful to revisit the 1975 Federal Election campaign. A day or two after the dismissal Fairfax management issued a letter which was circulated to all staff urging “fairness, balance and professionalism” in their coverage of the forthcoming election.

At the other end of the professional spectrum the Rupert Murdoch owned The Australian behaved with such bias and was perceived as being so disgraceful that journalists went on strike in the midst of the election campaign.

Murdoch’s overt interference in the 1975 campaign was so bad that reporters on the Australian went on strike in protest and seventy-five of them wrote to their boss calling the newspaper ‘a propaganda sheet’ and saying it had become ‘a laughing stock’ (Wright 1995). ‘You literally could not get a favourable word aboutWhitlam in the paper. Copy would be cut, lines would be left out,’ one former Australian journalist told Wright’ (1995).

To go on strike over wages and conditions is one thing understood by all, but for 109 journalists to go on strike during a Federal election campaign is indicative of just how bad the editorial interference was"

Short Version. We need donations to pay for the server and other bills. Please use one of the following cash apps.
Please use PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
If the PayPal link does not work for you go to www.paypal.com and put in the email websleuths.com@gmail.com and you can send a donation that way.
Venmo name is Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

If you can donate we would be so grateful

Hi Everyone,
(PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS DONATIONS ON THIS THREAD. CLICK HERE FOR DISCUSSION)
Websleuths is very expensive to run. Most months we make enough to pay for the server, pay the IT guy, and a bit of money left over for me for some bills or food. This way I can keep Websleuths free for everyone.
There are months when this is not the case.
I recently pre-paid the server fee and almost all I owed our IT guy. I knew the money coming in for the month from advertising would not cover the bills but I thought I had another revenue stream coming in so I wasn't worried. That revenue stream didn't happen.

Basically, I need donations to cover the server and what I owe the IT and a bit extra for my groceries.

I have provided Websleuths free for almost 20 years (since 2004) and will do my best to keep Websleuths free for members and visitors.

This month we need 2700 dollars to keep Websleuths running. I don't know what next month's ad dollars will be. Hopefully, you won't be hearing from me.

Let me stress if you cannot afford a donation please do not send anything. I understand times are hard.

When we reach our goal I will announce it and stop accepting donations. It is urgent however that we raise the money as fast as possible.

Please use PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
If the PayPal link does not work for you go to www.paypal.com and put in the email websleuths.com@gmail.com and you can send a donation that way.
Venmo name is Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Thank you everyone for your help.

Tricia

In a subpoena sent by Smartmatic on Monday, Abby Grossberg was directed to produce any documentary evidence she possesses related to any potential malice on Fox’s part while airing election fraud claims about the voting-systems company. Specifically, the subpoena asks for any correspondence related to former Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, who peddled baseless conspiracy theories on Fox about “rigged” voting machines shortly after former President Donald Trump lost the election.

Similar to Dominion’s $1.6-billion suit, which goes to trial later this month, Smartmatic is suing Fox News for $2.7 billion over allegations that it knowingly aired false claims about the company in the aftermath of the 2020 election. Trump allies, such as Giuliani and Powell, repeatedly peddled debunked assertions on Fox airwaves that Dominion and Smartmatic flipped millions of votes to President Joe Biden and “stole” the White House from Trump.

Argus downgraded Fox Corp (NASDAQ:FOXA) to a Hold rating (from Buy) and removed the stock from their Focus List following an adverse ruling for Fox in the Dominion Voting Systems case.

Several other equities research analysts have also commented on the company.

Last edited:
Companies always put their address in DE due to the tax breaks they get, so whenever there are lawsuits they're always in our courts. I will try to look into if I am able to attend any proceedings. I've only been to the courthouse for jury duty so unsure what steps I need to take.

The trial starts on 4/17.

Argus downgraded Fox Corp (NASDAQ:FOXA) to a Hold rating (from Buy) and removed the stock from their Focus List following an adverse ruling for Fox in the Dominion Voting Systems case.

Several other equities research analysts have also commented on the company.
I can't even trust Fox to tell the truth. I sure can't imagine owning the stock.

Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of Fox Corporation (“Fox” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: FOX; FOXA).

The investigation concerns whether Fox and certain of its officers and/or directors have engaged in securities fraud or other unlawful business practices.

In other Fox news:

A defamation battle between media mogul Lachlan Murdoch and the Australian publisher of Crikey is being driven by “ego and hubris and ideology” and may be sent back to mediation, a judge has complained.

Mr Murdoch is suing Crikey owner Private Media and senior figures over an opinion piece published in June last year, which labelled his family and Fox News an “unindicted co-conspirators” in the Capitol Hill riot in 2020.

Justice Wigney is deciding whether Private Media’s defence will be allowed in the case, which is due to go to trial in October.

Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of Fox Corporation (“Fox” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: FOX; FOXA).

The investigation concerns whether Fox and certain of its officers and/or directors have engaged in securities fraud or other unlawful business practices.
Very interesting! The timing of all this about Fox is so similar to the timing of investigations/indictment against Trump, I wonder if they are linked.

I wasn't aware this defamation lawsuit had even been filed. The Big Lie was even bigger than I thought. This is just stunning to me:

Majed Khalil filed his lawsuit in 2021, alleging statements made on Dobbs’s social media and by pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell on Dobbs’s Fox Business show defamed him by accusing the businessman of executing an “electoral 9/11” and helping change ballot counts in voting machines.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back