DE DE - John 'Jack' Wheeler, 66, Wilmington, 30 Dec 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, this will be my last post on Mr. Wheeler unless new information becomes available.

After rereading all the posts and doing more research on bipolar disorder with psychotic breaks, I have come to the conclusion and it is just my opinion, that in his last days, Mr. Wheeler was suffering from a psychotic break. The descriptions of his behavoir during this time mirror a psychotic break. The fact he had been hospitalized for it back in 2004 lends credence to this conclusion.

How he ended up in a Newark dumpster may always remain a mystery. He was very mobile during his last days even though it can't be pinpointed who took him where or when. Mabe he caught a bus taking him to Newark.

Why did the ME conclude his death as a homocide?
Well, Dr. G of Orlando concluded Caylee Anthony's death was a homocide even though the little girl was nothing but bones. Her reason for concluding it as such was because she had been found in a bag, in a dry swamp not far from home.

Finding Mr. Wheeler being dumped into a landfill alone suggests foul play. And he did die from blunt force trauma. But....IMO that would not be unusual for someone who had been in the dumpster perhaps sleeping while he was picked up. For a man of his stature to die in such a fashion, homocide would be a likely conclusion. But...I'm not sure it was the correct conclusion. All the available evidence IMO suggests it may have been an unfortunate and tragic accident.

Well, this will be my last post on Mr. Wheeler unless new information becomes available.

After rereading all the posts and doing more research on bipolar disorder with psychotic breaks, I have come to the conclusion and it is just my opinion, that in his last days, Mr. Wheeler was suffering from a psychotic break. The descriptions of his behavoir during this time mirror a psychotic break. The fact he had been hospitalized for it back in 2004 lends credence to this conclusion.

How he ended up in a Newark dumpster may always remain a mystery. He was very mobile during his last days even though it can't be pinpointed who took him where or when. Mabe he caught a bus taking him to Newark.

Why did the ME conclude his death as a homocide?
Well, Dr. G of Orlando concluded Caylee Anthony's death was a homocide even though the little girl was nothing but bones. Her reason for concluding it as such was because she had been found in a bag, in a dry swamp not far from home.

Finding Mr. Wheeler being dumped into a landfill alone suggests foul play. And he did die from blunt force trauma. But....IMO that would not be unusual for someone who had been in the dumpster perhaps sleeping while he was picked up. For a man of his stature to die in such a fashion, homocide would be a likely conclusion. But...I'm not sure it was the correct conclusion. All the available evidence IMO suggests it may have been an unfortunate and tragic accident.

Hope you be posting on some of the other intriguing threads on Ws! You have some great ideas!

Sadly when a presidential aid / Pentagon official is mysteriously dead I never think it was an accident.
I never do. I think all the trimmings are fodder to create a story.
Just like the Boston Marathon was all fodder.
Creating a story with props is not that hard. They sure created one on JFK and so many bought the BS.

Respectfully snipped.

First, I hope that there will be new developments, so you can post. :)

Second, I do hope you will continue on this thread or others. :)

I agree that Mr. Wheeler had some psychological problems. That video sure looks like it. I would point out however that people with psychological problems can get murdered.

This case has always been intriguing to me since I first read about it. Highly doubt it will be solved. I think the problems he faced that fateful day were "created' and the result had him looking like a crazed person wandering the streets. The most coveted thing on him that day was his briefcase and it was stolen. IMO.

This case has always been intriguing to me since I first read about it. Highly doubt it will be solved. I think the problems he faced that fateful day were "created' and the result had him looking like a crazed person wandering the streets. The most coveted thing on him that day was his briefcase and it was stolen. IMO.

Thank you for this post. This case has always intrigued me, too, and I also agree with you that it will not be solved, which is very sad and puzzling. It is disheartening to see so many mysterious and unsolved cases fade away as if they never happened.

Some more things to think about:

Of the 10 dumpsters, only 4 are in locations I would comfortably call "public" - the bank, library, Bing's and Toyota. The rest are located off the road, behind the buildings, very close to the raised train tracks. Goodwill's dumpster is actually located behind what is marked as Brunswick Blue Hen Lanes on the map. I agree with the earlier poster that Goodwill is the most isolated.

The stated order of dumpsters seems very odd. Dumpsters 6-10 are located on opposite sides of a one-way road. While possible, certainly at 4 am, it seems unadvisable. Dumpsters 2-6 requires the truck to pass multiple dumpsters and come back for them later regardless of chosen route. Trucks are not allowed to make a U-turn slightly North of 6 as indicated on the map. They do anyway, especially trash trucks.

The University of Delaware located in Newark was on Winter Break then. Since the vast majority of people living in the area pictured are students, the area was relatively unpopulated.

How did he get to Newark? Bus service does not run between 7 pm and 5:30 am. There is, however, a bus stop at 11th a King, one block east of 11th and Market, separated by a green area, Rodney Square and a bus stop near the dumpsters. The next station South on Amtrak from Wilmington is in Newark, roughly 3 miles from the mapped area. There are typically several late trains.

Cabs are most common in the area of Wilmington he was in, but still rare. Most cabbies only operate one car and it would be normal to have a number in your phone. But his phone was found on 12/28 before he was lost?

Interesting case. Having worked in Wilmington for a year, I can attest that it is dangerous walking around in certain parts, and I would certainly not rule out foul play by some unknown person by chance.

Interesting case. Having worked in Wilmington for a year, I can attest that it is dangerous walking around in certain parts, and I would certainly not rule out foul play by some unknown person by chance.

I have lived in Wilmington for close to 30 years. I find it not so very strange that more has not been more forthcoming, because of his government connections, that information is what we are allowed to know.

http://www.cryptogon.com/?p=19640

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/john-p-wheeler-iii/68755/

When Governor Carper's staffer, Anne Marie Fahey went missing, all the stops were pulled out to try and find her. I did not get the same impression of the full court press with Mr. Wheeler's disappearance and death. I truly believe that those in the "know" know exactly what happened and no further information will probably come to light. This was swept under the carpet pretty fast. IMOO

After reading those links, I think this was a very important man, who suffered mental issues, which led him to the wrong part of town at the wrong time, and he got rolled for no good reason. When you are walking down a street in certain towns, you can be attacked for no rational reason. I know personally, because it happened to me in Wilmington, returning from an Italian festival, walking alone. I would not be surprised if Mr. Wheeler, in his altered state, encountered people who have no regard for life. I see no elaborate conspiracy.

IMO

After reading those links, I think this was a very important man, who suffered mental issues, which led him to the wrong part of town at the wrong time, and he got rolled for no good reason. When you are walking down a street in certain towns, you can be attacked for no rational reason. I know personally, because it happened to me in Wilmington, returning from an Italian festival, walking alone. I would not be surprised if Mr. Wheeler, in his altered state, encountered people who have no regard for life. I see no elaborate conspiracy.

IMO

Had he been rolled, why was his Rolex and West Point ring still in his possession when he was found in the dump?

http://www.cryptogon.com/?p=19640

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/john-p-wheeler-iii/68755/

When Governor Carper's staffer, Anne Marie Fahey went missing, all the stops were pulled out to try and find her. I did not get the same impression of the full court press with Mr. Wheeler's disappearance and death. I truly believe that those in the "know" know exactly what happened and no further information will probably come to light. This was swept under the carpet pretty fast. IMOO

It might be helpful if the AG"s office would unseal the death report. I believe Beau Biden was the AG at the time.

Had he been rolled, why was his Rolex and West Point ring still in his possession when he was found in the dump?

Good point, but when I say "rolled," I do not mean necessarily mean robbed. It could have been an ego type thing with people running their mouths. There are people who will take a life for any reason, not necessarily any monetary gain. Maybe his killer did not want this ring or watch. Maybe he just wanted to settle a disagreement, or maybe there was not even a disagreement. Violent people will kill you for no reason, if they do not like you. Personally, I have met strangers in some bad neighborhoods in West Philly, who wanted to start a fight, and I never met them before. I had it happen in Wilmington too. I walked by a bunch of young punks, while walking back from a carnival, who were looking for a fight for no reason. I never met them before. They just saw a person, walking by themselves, and they wanted to start trouble. I doubt it was about robbing me. It was about their upbringing, or lack of it. They do not need a reason.

Good point, but when I say "rolled," I do not mean necessarily mean robbed. It could have been an ego type thing with people running their mouths. There are people who will take a life for any reason, not necessarily any monetary gain. Maybe his killer did not want this ring or watch. Maybe he just wanted to settle a disagreement, or maybe there was not even a disagreement. Violent people will kill you for no reason, if they do not like you. Personally, I have met strangers in some bad neighborhoods in West Philly, who wanted to start a fight, and I never met them before. I had it happen in Wilmington too. I walked by a bunch of young punks, while walking back from a carnival, who were looking for a fight for no reason. I never met them before. They just saw a person, walking by themselves, and they wanted to start trouble. I doubt it was about robbing me. It was about their upbringing, or lack of it. They do not need a reason.
I just reread your post before this one. I agree with you that there was no elaborate conspiracy.

And...if he was suffering from a psychotic break and from all accounts he appeared unkempt at the time the camera caught him walking (which they wouldn't release to the public) to a questionable neighborhood, I can see where it would be easy to roll him or rough him up. But he made it over to Newark, DE. How did he get there? And why would a bunch of punks bother putting him in a trash dumpster?

And his ring must have been visible. What a perfect trophy.
And the Rolex? That could have been pawned for a nice chunk of money. Stupid or unmannered or whatever, I have a hard time
imagining punks killing someone, not checking the big ring on his finger, and then taking the time to find a dumpster to put him in.
It must have taken at least 3 of them to hoist him in there.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

And we approach the 6th anniversary.
I'm curious, but is there a way to request the death certificate of Wheeler be opened?

Also, I'd really like to see the video of Wheeler walking to the bad part of town.

I've wondered if maybe he'd been hit by a car and instead of leaving him there, whoever hit him put him in the dumpster.

And if he was hit, why not report it if it was an accident. They may have been drunk however. But still.....
couldn't the police make another appeal to witnesses?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm curious, but is there a way to request the death certificate of Wheeler be opened?

Also, I'd really like to see the video of Wheeler walking to the bad part of town.

I've wondered if maybe he'd been hit by a car and instead of leaving him there, whoever hit him put him in the dumpster.

And if he was hit, why not report it if it was an accident. They may have been drunk however. But still.....
couldn't the police make another appeal to witnesses?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The video was released, but Wheeler was in Wilmington.

Here is a link: [video=youtube;8rECG8hl9D8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rECG8hl9D8[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back