Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

nyonge

Former Member
Reaction score
Germany: Three Bavaria hotel guests found dead from crossbow bolts (BBC)

German police are investigating the deaths of three people who were found in a hotel impaled by crossbow bolts.

Hotel staff discovered the bodies in a room alongside two crossbows, the German news agency DPA reported.

The relationship between the three victims - a man in his fifties and two women aged 30 and 33 - was not immediately clear.

The hotel is on the banks of the Ilz river, on the edge of the Bavarian city of Passau near the Austrian border.

There was no evidence to suggest that another person was involved in the deaths, DPA reported.

Another hotel guest, who was staying in the hotel for a short break, told local newspaper Passauer Neue Presse that it had been a "completely quiet night".
--

Crossbow murder mystery as man, 53, and women aged 33 and 30 are found dead in German hotel room (Daily Mail)

According to hotel staff, two of the victims were found lying in bed holding hands, with arrows in the chest and head. The third person was found in a pool of blood on the floor with an arrow in the chest. The three were from two different states outside of Bavaria. The police say that the women weren't the man's daughters.

Bluttat in Passau:

If it was murder/suicide, how in the world would a person shoot themself in the chest with a crossbow (bolt)? There must be a classification in Guinness Book of World Records on the strangest ways to commit suicide. This is right up there, if it is indeed a murder/suicide.

I admit, I had to look up "crossbow bolt." Seems like it's shorter than an arrow. I still cannot imagine how anyone could shoot a bolt in a suicide.

Crossbow murder mystery deepens as two more bodies are found after man, 53, and women aged 33 and 30 were found dead in German hotel room

Crossbow murder mystery deepens as two more bodies are found in Germany | Daily Mail Online

The two female corpses were found in the town of Gifhorn, near the city of Hanover.

The two female corpses were found near the northern city of Hanover while detectives probed the mysterious deaths of a man and two women discovered over the weekend in the Bavarian town of Passau, close to the Austrian border.

Update: Two more bodies found after mystery crossbow deaths in Bavarian hotel

Crossbow murder mystery deepens as two more bodies are found after man, 53, and women aged 33 and 30 were found dead in German hotel room

Crossbow murder mystery deepens as two more bodies are found in Germany | Daily Mail Online

The two female corpses were found in the town of Gifhorn, near the city of Hanover.

The two female corpses were found near the northern city of Hanover while detectives probed the mysterious deaths of a man and two women discovered over the weekend in the Bavarian town of Passau, close to the Austrian border.

Update: Two more bodies found after mystery crossbow deaths in Bavarian hotel
No details were given as to whether the latest two corpses in Lower Saxony had also been killed by crossbow bolts.​

If the deaths also involved crossbow bolts, this case gets stranger still.

From another article:

Police found the bodies of two more women when searching the home of the 30-year-old in northern Germany, officials said on Monday.

Their room had a double bed and a single bed. According to the daily Bild, the man and 33-year-old woman were found lying hand-in-hand on the bed, shot with bolts to the head and chest; the other woman was lying in a pool of blood on the floor, with a bolt through the chest.

Police have seized a white pickup truck, parked outside, which has stickers reportedly linked to a hunting club. It was registered in Westerwald, Rhineland-Palatinate.

A hotel guest said the man had a long white beard and the women were dressed in black, and described them as "strange".

German hotel guests found dead from crossbow bolts

From another article:

Police found the bodies of two more women when searching the home of the 30-year-old in northern Germany, officials said on Monday.

Their room had a double bed and a single bed. According to the daily Bild, the man and 33-year-old woman were found lying hand-in-hand on the bed, shot with bolts to the head and chest; the other woman was lying in a pool of blood on the floor, with a bolt through the chest.

Police have seized a white pickup truck, parked outside, which has stickers reportedly linked to a hunting club. It was registered in Westerwald, Rhineland-Palatinate.

A hotel guest said the man had a long white beard and the women were dressed in black, and described them as "strange".

German hotel guests found dead from crossbow bolts

[bbm]

sounds like a cult thing

Hope this is ok to post here. I saw this but forgot about it.

Murder manhunt launched after pensioner shot dead with crossbow bolt while adjusting satellite dish

Murder manhunt launched after pensioner shot dead with crossbow bolt

Odd.

that was April 19 in England correct?
I'm trying to figure out a timeline in my head of all these crossbow-related deaths

2 (females in 30's) victims May 11 or 12 - Germany (found in apt. of one of the three other victims)
3 (2 females in 30's/1 male in 50's) victims May 11 - Germany
1 (male in 70's) victim April 19 - England

Last edited:
Reports said the three had arrived Friday from different parts of Germany and had all checked in without luggage.

The man, who was dressed in a suit had a long, white beard, while the two women were dressed in black, witnesses told German daily Bild.

The trio only returned to their cars later after the reception was closed to get the bags containing the crossbows.

Police were also inspecting a pick-up truck on Monday, reportedly belonging to one of the deceased, which had an archery logo stuck on it.

German police find two more bodies linked to crossbow killings

I'm trying to figure out a timeline in my head of all these crossbow-related deaths

2 (females in 30's) victims May 11 or 12 - Germany (found in apt. of one of the three other victims)
Toronto, Canada includes cctv of suspect..
Canada - Suspect posing as delivery man shot woman with crossbow, Toronto (Mississauga), Nov. 2018

Authorities puzzle over German crossbow deaths
"Police said they didn't immediately have details of the identity of the women found in a search of the apartment in Wittingen, in northern Germany, and what happened to them. They said in a statement that they are investigating possible links to the three people found dead in Passau, near the Austrian border, on Saturday.

The discovery added a new level of mystery to that case. Investigators were still trying Monday to determine the relationship between the three people whose bodies shot with crossbow bolts were found in Passau."

It's Wales, not England. Sorry, not being pedantic! Its an important distinction to anyone who is Welsh (like me!).

Anyway, these deaths in Bayern and Rhineland Palatinate is facinating.

how odd is all this? Is the garb interesting to anyone else but me? Long white beard, women dressed in black - it wouldn't have been mentioned were it not the norm, no? Fascinating.
Oh the beard and the garb interests me!
Crossbow deaths police find more bodies
"Public prosecutor Walter Feiler told a news conference that the man had been shot twice in the head and three times in the chest, while the woman lying next to him had one wound in the head and another in the chest.

The third victim, the 30-year-old woman, "was lying in front of the double bed and had one shot from a crossbow between the throat and the chin", he added.

The German daily Merkur said that the 30-year-old woman was reportedly the sister of one of the women found in Wittingen. Merkur identified her only as "C" and said she had registered as an occupant of the flat in March."

"Police have seized a white truck, parked outside, which has stickers reportedly linked to a hunting club. It was registered in Westerwald, Rhineland-Palatinate.

German media say one sticker has the letters FMJ - believed to be a reference to Full Metal Jacket crossbow arrows made by a US firm, Easton Hunting.

rbbm

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972