Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I've been working with the "Footprints" list....
Here's what I have so far:

Catholic funerals
Anthony Skifton

Protestant funerals
Scott Radel

Baptist
Christopher Melancon
Christian non-denominational, Rabbi presided
Wade Steffey
Nonsectarian
Matt Kruziki

I haven't found information ... but they also had attended Catholic universities.

Hello Sherlock, simliar user id as me; as I see it; this is pretty obvious now; the anger is towards white men who drink a lot; it has nothing to do with their religion

I could not tell from that article if his disappearance is related to the first 3? Did not think so, but strange layout

Anthony? No, I think fran mistakenly thought the Bootleggers in Anthony's case was the same Bootleggers in Tommy's case. They are in two different states, not connected.

Not all are European Americans, some are Asian Americans, and Kenji Ohmi is Asian.

According to the following link, Minnesota is 57.1% Protestant and 25.0% Catholic, Wisconsin 52.6% Protestant and 31.0% Catholic, for instance.
http://www.beliefnet.com/politics/religiousaffiliation.html

It would appear there is a disproportionally large number of victims who were of the Catholic faith.

Hello Sherlock, simliar user id as me; as I see it; this is pretty obvious now; the anger is towards white men who drink a lot; it has nothing to do with their religion

You are making the wide brush stroke many mistakenly make regarding these cases. Not all the vics were drunk or heavy drinkers for that matter. Was it Shadow that posted 38% were not drunk? I appreciate Sherlock's research. IMO, it should be up for discussion since there was that weird search of the monastery at St. Johns. Especially since a bloodhound hit on Chris Jenkins scent and Chris Jenkins would have had no reason to have ever been at that monastery.

(continued)....

I believe that this speaks louder in areas.

The Dics have already alluded to the fact that they can explain why more of the possible cases were in the La Crosse area.

My investigative mind asks WHY?

FIRSTLY WHY THERE (larger concentration or perhaps the initial phases in the establishment of a group of this magnitude)?

My second inner~vocal thought asks WHY TARGET KIDS IN THE BAR SETTING WITH MILLIONS OF OTHER KIDS MILLING AROUND AND LIKELY TO BE AN UN~ANTICIPATED~FOR~WITNESS?

What kind of group (with the strongest presence in the immediate are) would target boys in similar settings in similar situations? Furthermore, why target the internists i n medicine at all...? There is some hinky, nutty, psychologically abberrant thing going on here.

dang.......

Another thing to keep in mind regarding BAC. A dead body raises the BAC. I don't know of anyway to conclusively determine the BAC at death in a body that was not found for days, weeks, or months. So the BAC on these cases are what was at autopsy, not at the time of death.

Not all are European Americans, some are Asian Americans, and Kenji Ohmi is Asian.

According to the following link, Minnesota is 57.1% Protestant and 25.0% Catholic, Wisconsin 52.6% Protestant and 31.0% Catholic, for instance.
http://www.beliefnet.com/politics/religiousaffiliation.html

It would appear there is a disproportionally large number of victims who were of the Catholic faith.

You answered what was going to be my next question, what is the general population totals. Thank you for putting this together.

You answered what was going to be my next question, what is the general population totals. Thank you for putting this together.

You're welcome. I made a new thread with source links and I've also sent this information to the detectives. I'm hoping others will pitch in to fill in information on the missing cases.

There could well be some religious component here. Is that an 'X' on the forehead of the "smiley faces" or a cross? That bloodhound scenting story and other information about the monks disturbs me. People have speculated about fake cops and lovely young ladies abducting the victims, someone dressed as a priest, perhaps even known through religious activities, could also be a convincing authority figure to a good, church-going young man.

Another thing to keep in mind regarding BAC. A dead body raises the BAC. I don't know of anyway to conclusively determine the BAC at death in a body that was not found for days, weeks, or months. So the BAC on these cases are what was at autopsy, not at the time of death.

This is more of a question since I'm not sure at all. So, you say death raises BAC, right? Could it be that in every death it is raised to a certain general amount(maybe depending upon gender, age etc) and they just simply subtract that general total from their BAC and come up with what it may have been at death? Like I said unsure if this is possible etc but I figured I'd ask.

Sherlock23 thanks for the list that was very eye opening.....

This is more of a question since I'm not sure at all. So, you say death raises BAC, right? Could it be that in every death it is raised to a certain general amount(maybe depending upon gender, age etc) and they just simply subtract that general total from their BAC and come up with what it may have been at death? Like I said unsure if this is possible etc but I figured I'd ask.

As far as I know, what's on the autopsy is what the test came back as.

Blink and SS and some others have reasearched this more than I have.

Nurse is, well a nurse and she can probably weigh in here. Where is that bedside nurse pager when you need it. lol.

You're welcome. I made a new thread with source links and I've also sent this information to the detectives. I'm hoping others will pitch in to fill in information on the missing cases.

There could well be some religious component here. Is that an 'X' on the forehead of the "smiley faces" or a cross? That bloodhound scenting story and other information about the monks disturbs me. People have speculated about fake cops and lovely young ladies abducting the victims, someone dressed as a priest, perhaps even known through religious activities, could also be a convincing authority figure to a good, church-going young man.

I could see that.

Me, too. I heard today about a gang/ring that's been hitting a lot of states posing as LE. They've been ripping off drug dealers. The fact that it is a network lends credence to one of the theories discussed here...that there are cells or pods carrying out these "killings". I'm not saying I believe it, but it's possible.
Of course, I haven't found a link for the story...but it was on NY news today.

Me, too. I heard today about a gang/ring that's been hitting a lot of states posing as LE. They've been ripping off drug dealers. The fact that it is a network lends credence to one of the theories discussed here...that there are cells or pods carrying out these "killings". I'm not saying I believe it, but it's possible.
Of course, I haven't found a link for the story...but it was on NY news today.

A fake (or real, gone-bad) cop could target any drunk kid alone on the streets, a similar priest might not always command respect from a drunk kid. Perhaps the victims are the ones that do go along.

On the other hand, if these aren't just opportunistic, if they are targeted, how do they ensure that these normally gregarious young men will leave the bar alone? Perhaps somehow with a younger accomplice inside the bar? These cases are very puzzling.

People have talked about slipping "date rape" drugs in the drinks, but maybe passing out or blacking out or becoming acquiescent aren't so important here. Are there any other drugs that aren't easily detected that potentiate the effects of alcohol, so that your victim gets thrown out or abandoned by friends?

keep going with that thought rrooo4!

The concentration of related cases in this area (and also the type physically and mentlly of the relatec vics) speak of a group that is somehow targeting them.

Does anyone in the area that is reading here know of any fringe group in your area that could be posing as the leader of this hierarchial group that we are to believe exists?

My opinion (and mine only) is that we look at the similarities of the vics instead of who may have wanted to nab them....

anyone in the local area: are there any groups, companies, individuals that have clanged your hinkey meter? If so, why? If then, when?

Hey Sherlock23; there have been over 100 men that have drowned, but the "connected ones" I'm referring to are the ones that the detectives have settled on. They eliminated dozens that they feel are not connected and they still haven't had the time to look at 21 of them. Some of the lists on this site and on other sites; have people that the detectives feel are not connected. For example; most lists have Richard Hlavaty even though him and his brother had gotten into a bar fight and both jumped into the water together where Halavty drowned(his brother survived). That's not connected. Both Asians are questionable; 1 left his apartment at 6:45 a.m. after sleeping and he had just traces of alcohol in his system; from a party the night before--he left without his umbrella and wallet even though it was a cold rain. He doesn't seem to fit like the others because he wasn't drunk. The other Asian was walking in woods and calling friends because he was drunk and lost. He appeared to slide down an embankment and into the river. Unlike others; he had his cell phone with him; so he also might not connect and just be an accident.

Hey Sherlock23; there have been over 100 men that have drowned, but the "connected ones" I'm referring to are the ones that the detectives have settled on...

Sure, I'm sure some of these cases are really accidental, which can confuse things.

(By the way, sorry my name is so similar, no particular reason, I just made it up on the spur of the moment. Funny story: I tried to register as "FrownyFaceGang", but was refused (in retrospect, maybe the name was offensive?), then "NomDeGuerre", and was refused again. After I'd spent the weekend surfing the net for obituaries, my paranoia kicked into high gear. I was even online in a coffeeshop on Monday and a Trane van pulled in the lot! How's that for synchronicity? This case is so creepy. Anyway 3rd time lucky, and my religion list is out there, so now I can relax a bit. Good night!)

I found this article about the drug busts in San Diego rather interesting:

One of the alleged drug dealers is 19 and recently had been praised as a model student in a university publication. Another was just a month away from earning a master's degree in homeland security and had worked with the campus police as a security officer. One allegedly was selling cocaine to high school students.

A criminal justice major was arrested on suspicion of possession of cocaine. As he was being arrested, he asked officers if this would hurt his chances for a law enforcement career, officials said.

Among the suspected drug dealers is Omar Castaneda, 36, who is not a student and is allegedly connected to a gang in Pacoima that has possible ties to the Mexican Mafia, said Ralph W. Partridge, a special-agent-in-charge for the Drug Enforcement Administration in San Diego.

~snip~

Several members of the Theta Chi, Phi Kappa Psi and Delta Sigma Pi fraternities were arrested.

Late Tuesday, the university announced the suspension of six fraternities -- Lambda Chi Alpha, Phi Kappa Psi, Phi Kappa Theta, Theta Chi, Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Sigma Alpha Mu -- pending a hearing into their involvement in the drug dealing.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-me-drugbust7-2008may07,0,1445478.story?page=1

Hey Sherlock23; there have been over 100 men that have drowned, but the "connected ones" I'm referring to are the ones that the detectives have settled on. They eliminated dozens that they feel are not connected and they still haven't had the time to look at 21 of them. Some of the lists on this site and on other sites; have people that the detectives feel are not connected. For example; most lists have Richard Hlavaty even though him and his brother had gotten into a bar fight and both jumped into the water together where Halavty drowned(his brother survived). That's not connected. Both Asians are questionable; 1 left his apartment at 6:45 a.m. after sleeping and he had just traces of alcohol in his system; from a party the night before--he left without his umbrella and wallet even though it was a cold rain. He doesn't seem to fit like the others because he wasn't drunk. The other Asian was walking in woods and calling friends because he was drunk and lost. He appeared to slide down an embankment and into the river. Unlike others; he had his cell phone with him; so he also might not connect and just be an accident.

Being drunk is not what links many of these cases together. Many were not. And in many cases, the BAC was very low and would not be considered to be legally drunk.

Also, the detectives have not released a full list of what cases they have worked on or linked. We have no idea which cases are other than what's linked on KSTP and that's the MN. and WI cases only.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S421937.shtml?cat=10830

Minnesota and Wisconsin victims that detectives believe may be related (INFORMATION FROM DET. KEVIN GANNON)

Scott Radel is the Asian young man who you say was drunk and lost. But he was not walking in the woods calling friends. He was on a street and him and his friends were close enough while on their phones they could see the same landmark. More about Scott Radel Below:

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2006/11/020206-scot-radel-21-st-cloud-mn.html

Last Seen
Scott's friends have said they had been at two bars earlier that night. Scott was last seen at McRudy's Pub at 715 W St Germain Street. He called his friends while walking to the Press Bar on 502 W St. Germain Street. Scott's friends believed they thought he had become confused and walked in the wrong direction. They called police the next morning after they failed to hear from him

I found this article about the drug busts in San Diego rather interesting:

One of the alleged drug dealers is 19 and recently had been praised as a model student in a university publication. Another was just a month away from earning a master's degree in homeland security and had worked with the campus police as a security officer. One allegedly was selling cocaine to high school students.

A criminal justice major was arrested on suspicion of possession of cocaine. As he was being arrested, he asked officers if this would hurt his chances for a law enforcement career, officials said.

Among the suspected drug dealers is Omar Castaneda, 36, who is not a student and is allegedly connected to a gang in Pacoima that has possible ties to the Mexican Mafia, said Ralph W. Partridge, a special-agent-in-charge for the Drug Enforcement Administration in San Diego.

~snip~

Several members of the Theta Chi, Phi Kappa Psi and Delta Sigma Pi fraternities were arrested.

Late Tuesday, the university announced the suspension of six fraternities -- Lambda Chi Alpha, Phi Kappa Psi, Phi Kappa Theta, Theta Chi, Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Sigma Alpha Mu -- pending a hearing into their involvement in the drug dealing.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-me-drugbust7-2008may07,0,1445478.story?page=1

I completely agree , I would not be surprised to find out this sweep is at least either initially or in part, going to be related to Dane's case. Facing felonies in Fed prison makes people chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto