Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A black ribbon tattoo. Nice. :rolleyes:

Oh, I would love to hear from the tattoo artist. KWIM??

BBM

On the first point, you may be right. Jim Spellman said as much, saying from what he gathered there are two camps in that family right now, one which supports them not saying much, dealing with JT, etc. The other camp thinks they should be talking more, to LE, locally, etc. It's possible that this camp has become more vocal, putting more pressure on DB/JI to get out there more.

On your second point, I can understand that mindset. Sadly, I think that mindset sometimes goes to far, especially if information comes out that makes the parents look more innocent than guilty. At the end of the day, she's either responsible for something or she isn't. I question those that are so deep rooted in their belief that they are unwilling to consider/acknowledge the alternative should it come to pass.

Maybe I should have said that in the absence of evidence first impressions are hard to get past.

JMO, but I think it's a bit premature to worry that nobody will accept the evidence that proves DB is innocent or guilty. I like to think that if something concrete that proves something one way or another most people will be reasonable enough to consider and accept it. Some people were very suspicious of Somer Thompson's mother in the beginning but once the perp was caught it was accepted. In the Ayla Reynolds case no one has been arrested but getting more info from the police was enough to make some people change their opinion about the parents. Jessica Lunsford... Elizabeth Smart...

Something that switches the balance could happen in Lisa's case too but as long as everything is up in the air and we know very little about the actual evidence it's natural that people rely more on impressions.

A black ribbon tattoo. Nice. :rolleyes:

Oh, I would love to hear from the tattoo artist. KWIM??

This is at best 3rd or 4th hand information. Someone who knows somebody said it, it is 'reported' in a 'blog' by someone who editorializes heavily and then it is transferred to this site. Kinda like the kid's game Telephone. Entertaining for some but not solid info.

This is at best 3rd or 4th hand information. Someone who knows somebody said it, it is 'reported' in a 'blog' by someone who editorializes heavily and then it is transferred to this site. Kinda like the kid's game Telephone. Entertaining for some but not solid info.

I don't find anything about this entertaining.

I'm not sure why a tattoo is a big deal. Many of us have ink; it's not a big deal.

First, let me state again, that the "tat" was reported by Valhall -- The Hinky Meter ... and this is an approved site here at WS.

JMO ... but I think Valhall is a fantastic writer :great: -- she just always seems to "nail it" !

Deborah has time to go on P McG Show ... get a new "do" ... and get a "tat" ...

BUT ... she has NOT had the time to talk to LE over the past 3 months -- even though she DID speak to LE yesterday as reported ...

JMO ... but "history seems to be repeating itself" with the tatoos : Ron Cummings got a tat for Haleigh ... Casey, along with GA and CA, got tattoos ... and now we are hearing about Deborah getting one ...

JMO ... but it is almost like an "in your face" -- in other words -- they get the tat as a way to say "hey, I didn't do nothing to my child -- I have their name tatooed on me" ... blah blah blah ...

IF she got the tat BEFORE the D P Show -- I hope he notices it and asks about it ...

MOO MOO and another MOO ...

I'm watching this show now and taking some notes. I'm DVRing and will double-check to be sure my notes are accurate, then post them.

I just watched the promo clip on the Dr Phil homepage.

He seems to be doing pretty well at pointing out the things of concern - for some of us.

1. She did not admit to drinking until confronted with it. And is still adamant that being passed out drunk has nothing to do with her baby missing. Wow. No surprise here.

2. She said all the lights were off- Jeremy comes home to all the lights on.

Wouldn't you know it, this ONE day my husband insists we need to go look at granite slabs and the only time he can do it is right when Dr. Phil would be on. Doesn't he know that I neeeeeeeed to be glued to the TV??? :great::floorlaugh:

Please, if anyone tapes it for YouTube or knows where it can be found afterwards post a link for those of us who won't be able to watch.

P.S. Is there a list somewhere of non-MSM blogs or sites we are allowed to reference here? I get confused about this rule at times. TIA!

Guess Dr.Phil wasn't that interesting......I can't find anything or anyone talking about it.... not really surprised.

chacun à son goût

It's just ink; what CA or anyone else did has nothing to do with this case. Some may want to draw tangential comparisons, that doesn't make it truth.

We saw DB at her door yesteday when a KC reporter went fishing and knocked on the door. Where is the new do? The new look? It wasn't there.

First, let me state again, that the "tat" was reported by Valhall -- The Hinky Meter ... and this is an approved site here at WS.

JMO ... but I think Valhall is a fantastic writer :great: -- she just always seems to "nail it" !

Deborah has time to go on P McG Show ... get a new "do" ... and get a "tat" ...

BUT ... she has NOT had the time to talk to LE over the past 3 months -- even though she DID speak to LE yesterday as reported ...

JMO ... but "history seems to be repeating itself" with the tatoos : Ron Cummings got a tat for Haleigh ... Casey, along with GA and CA, got tattoos ... and now we are hearing about Deborah getting one ...

JMO ... but it is almost like an "in your face" -- in other words -- they get the tat as a way to say "hey, I didn't do nothing to my child -- I have their name tatooed on me" ... blah blah blah ...

IF she got the tat BEFORE the D P Show -- I hope he notices it and asks about it ...

MOO MOO and another MOO ...

chacun à son goût

It's just ink; what CA or anyone else did has nothing to do with this case. Some may want to draw tangential comparisons, that doesn't make it truth.

We saw DB at her door yesteday when a KC reporter went fishing and knocked on the door. Where is the new do? The new look? It wasn't there.

It was probably just for tv. Like you said, that interview was pretaped.

Guess Dr.Phil wasn't that interesting......I can't find anything or anyone talking about it.... not really surprised.

I don't think it's on for most people yet. Doesn't it usually come on in the afternoon?

Here are some notes I took during the show. I may have missed something or made errors, for which I apologize in advance:

Dr. Phil asks why they haven't spoken in the past 90+ days. DB says, "We wanted them to be able to investigate, things to quiet down, leads looked into. When they were exhausted or nothing came of them, we started doing media again."

Did anything come to light during those 90 days? DB says yes, but that she won't speak about it. Tacopina says substantial leads developed. He says the three sightings were in a direct trajectory from the house and were credible. "To me, that's powerful evidence that there are leads out there that need to be followed." He says the MT description of the man at the 4:00 a.m. sighting matches description of man at midnight sighting near home.

Jeremy says all he knows is someone came into their home and took Lisa for some reason. He says they get support, but there are people out there who make ridiculous accusations.

When Dr. Phil mentions that it's been reported the couple won't interview separately with LE and asks whether it's happened yet, Tacopina says, "Not only has it happened, it's happened repeatedly - five times, almost 40 hrs" - but that there was nothing else they can tell LE (he doesn't mention they haven't done so since early October and Dr. Phil doesn't clarify that). JT basically repeated the exact same things he and Picerno have previously stated.

DB said she feels she hasn't received a fair shake from KCPD. "There's nothing but misinformation out there, nothing but theories and accusations, people making outright lies." She says people are turning it into a circus. Said it's not a game, it's her baby.

DB: "Pretty much, the only thing I'm guilty of is drinking too much. Even when she comes back, that's something I have to live with, that I might've heard something and been able to stop them. But it's been blown so far out of proportion - that I'm an alcoholic, which I'm not; that I'm a neglectful parent, which I'm not. I've always put my kids first." She says the whole issue of her drinking with a friend while kids watched a movie was totally blown out of proportion into "a giant theory-fest."

DB says the issue of drinking was "totally irrelevant" to Lisa's going missing, but that she answered honestly about it when asked. Dr. Phil asks if she was drunk. She says more than 2 drinks per hour, to her, means drunk...so yes, she was drunk.

Regarding the lights, DB says they didn't compare stories til days later. She says there was lighting on in living room, a small lamp, stove light and clock radio light. As an electrician, JI is aware of lights being on and routinely follows her around to turn them off. He complains a lot about lights being on, but that night there weren't more lights on than usual. DB says she doesn't view that as an inconsistency.

DB addresses the 10:30 pm vs. 6:40 pm discrepancy. She says it's not an inconsistency to say she put her to bed at 6:40 and "possibly" checked on her at 10:30. Says Lisa was clearing an ear infection and cold. Usually puts all the kids to bed at 8:00, but she was a little fussy.

DB says people don't understand how difficult it is to wake up and find your baby gone, being accused of doing something to her - insane theories; to go on TV to try to get info out there, and try to remember every single detail and say it exactly the same every single time, with hateful people picking it apart.

"I understand the looking-at-the-mother thing because the world we live in today isn't always a safe or happy place. There are crazy people, bad parents, accidents happen." She says she understands why people might question it b/c of the drinking. Says she's desperate to find Lisa and is "clinging on to a shred of sanity."

"If I'd done something, I'd be in jail right now. Joe doesn't save me from jail - it doesn't work that way. But I understand most of America doesn't understand the justice system or understand how this stuff happens or how media works til something terrible happens to them and they have to use LE or the media. It's so much bigger and so much more different than you could even imagine. I just wish people could open their minds to the entire bigger picture here."

DB says she was told she failed polygraph, but LE wouldn't confirm it with her or her attorney. JT says it was confirmed to him that there was no failed polygraph by DB. He says that misinformation distracts from the case. JT says it's 100% accurate that she did NOT fail the polygraph and he defies them to show them a failed polygraph.

Stanton talking about benefactress. Says there's a connection to a family member. Says the person called and told him to get out there and find that baby. BS says he originally thought parents were guilty b/c of statistics, but the more he looked into it, the more he believed it came from outside the home.

Cadaver dog hit - DB says nothing is missing from the bedroom where supposed hit happened; that nothing was taken. Said the carpet came from barn in back of the house. If cadaver dog hit, why didn't they take anything? JT says there is no such thing as a "hit" for a dead body. Says "the nation's number one expert" told him fecal matter from a dirty diaper having been in contact with the floor would have produced the hit.

The 11:57 phone call - DB says her phone was red-lined at the time. Could not call out; could only receive incoming calls/text msgs. Says she does not know M. Wright or the people she associates with and would have no reason to call her. She says phones were on the counter, under clock radio light.

JT says you're supposed to start an investigation by casting a wide net and seeing where it falls and that LE didn't do that, that they focused in on DB (basically a rush to judgment).

Dr. Phil asks Jeremy why there was an assumption someone came through the window when the door was unlocked. Before Jeremy can answer, JT hops in and says, "Exactly. They never actually said, 'Here's what happened, they went through the window.'" He points out that there was also another point of entry - via the garage.

BS says he thinks this was a crime of opportunity by a petty criminal, that they took the phones and saw the child and took her, too - either to "covet" her or sell her. Points out that a homeless person/petty criminal in the neighborhood was known to break in through windows.

Why did you wait to let the boys speak to LE again? JT jumps in to answer for them. Says that's a misstatement, that the parents never said "no" to anything - searches, hair samples, all of it. He says they just wanted to be sure the best interests of the children were looked after.

Dr. Phil lets the parents ask questions of him. DB asks what she should do to help the boys through this. She says that even after Lisa comes home, the boys will need therapy, but what to do in the meantime? He says to be open with the boys, celebrate Lisa, but also allow the boys to cry if they need to and to see their parents cry as well.

New photos of Lisa are shown. They are pics of her as a newborn. First one is DB holding her in hospital. Next one is JI holding her for first time. The parents talk about how happy they were and how perfect she was. More newborn photos.

DB says to anyone who might have Lisa - look beyond what you want/need and think of what the baby needs. "We love her and her brothers more than anything in this world, and we are dying here." She says there's a $100k reward and all someone has to do is call. Asks whoever has her to drop her off somewhere, no questions asked. "We don't want you - we want her."

I wish I knew something about body language - DB's got plenty of it, but I don't know how to interpret it. Something about her makes me feel a bit uneasy. She comes across (to me) as defiant and indignant, and seems to over-explain or over-justify or...something. Can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe that's just her usual demeanor, but that's my (totally subjective) take on it.

Sorry for the delay in posting the notes - got interrupted twice with phone calls.

Thank you SO MUCH, Sherbie! You are an angel to take the time to post this for us.

:rose:

You're most welcome! :)

You guys will have to watch and judge for yourselves, but I think I understand now why Tacopina stopped DB from giving interviews, regardless her innocence or guilt.

Awesome job Sherbie!

One thing that stood out to me was when DB was taking the tour of the home, in the boys room, she said both boys were in bed with her. Then when JI was asked about it being hard to wake DB from her sleep he said no and something about waking the younger son to put him in his own bed (can't remember exact quote). To me that says only one boy was in bed with DB....

another odditie was her saying that she and JI didn't discuss/compare stories...really? What did you discuss? Why didn't you talk about it and try to figure it out together? Same excuse she used about "her boys"...didn't want to talk to them about it.

one more thing...DB had to include "her sons" or "her boys" just about every time she mentioned Lisa. Was that for the custody stuff around the corner?

Sherbie, thank you for the thorough transcripts! You are the best!

JMO...First impressions by me...FWIW....

Whining = 40%

Lawyer Interruptions = 30%

Deflecting Information = 30%

New Information = 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics