Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin on Dr. Phil 3 February 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 drinks in 5 hours time is not 'drunk'. The body metabolizes alcohol to where a wine glass of wine should be metabolized at approx one drink per hour rate. that would just consist of just keeping the buzz going. It would also depend on what size of glass was being used. If it was a regular glass like you would drink iced tea from, then you would have to figure it totally differently. Size matters! hehe

:floorlaugh: YES it does.

Even if Deborah were just buzzed LE would have asked for a BAC to rule out/in her status that night.

that raises a point I've wondered about.....she initially said 10:30 p.m. and then changed to 6:30 p.m. Why the change? A lie? Embarrassment? But would you care about that if your baby's life is on the line? She didn't tell the truth on that one point initially so the question is why? I think that's one thing we can say pretty much for certain.

What I'd love to know is when did the cops find out about the timeline change? Same day or from the media interviews?

I have 2 opinions on the time thing.

1) She was drunk and doesn't remember.

2) When something traumatic happens, details are fuzzy. Days later or even weeks later, a victim remembers certain things that they may have done that would trigger a memory.

I believe LE found out through media interviews and that's why they are requesting reinterviews separately. I think DB is very scared they will arrest her.

5 drinks in 5 hours time is not 'drunk'. The body metabolizes alcohol to where a wine glass of wine should be metabolized at approx one drink per hour rate. that would just consist of just keeping the buzz going. It would also depend on what size of glass was being used. If it was a regular glass like you would drink iced tea from, then you would have to figure it totally differently. Size matters! hehe

Five is not the definitive number, IIRC. Seems like MK asked if she'd had more than 2/3, more than 5, more than 7...more than 10. And I think DB answered yes up til 5 and then "maybe" to 6/7 but "no" to more than ten. So who knows how many glasses she actually had or, like you said, what size the glass was.

Also, I think your scenario assumes 5 drinks spaced fairly evenly over 5 hrs. But she could've been drinking one after another, say 4 or 5 in the first hour of drinking, rather than spacing them throughout the evening. I think the neighbor guy who visited said he could tell they'd been drinking but didn't see them doing it, so maybe she'd had all she was gonna have before he even showed up.

So many factors could be involved that I don't think we could say when/how drunk she might've been or whether the effects might've subsided enough not to be immediately discernible by LE.

Not sure why whether or not she was drunk is even being questioned. She indignantly admitted she was drunk. So what? Mama me time.

Dr. Phil will, if allowed by Tac, annihilate her on that statement...imo.

The average person metabolizes 5 oz of wine an hour. Exactly how big were her glasses? I can't picture her sipping wine out of small crystal flute on the sloop.

:drink:

So to say Five Drinks in Five hours is not DRUNK is misleading.

The UMKC law professor has said during the interviews in those first days they said things like..we know you harmed your baby come clean.....give her proper burial etc and then the whole burned clothes thing.

And I'm not so certain that they would have thrown her in the drunk tank if they were trying to figure out where her baby is and her sober husband is saying she's been kidnapped.

I don't know all the protocols in an Amber Alert case but even in the case of the poor baby in St. Louis where the mother apparently did it...they didn't throw her in the drunk tank either I don't think. Talking to the mother and getting everything she knows to me would be far more important than putting her in handcuffs and taking her to the drunk tank when there's a baby missing. And if you believe DB's attorneys she was on the floor crying her eyes out. And if you believe the search warrant, she was scared to go out in the back yard.

It isn't about a 'drunk tank'; it is about observing Deborah's physical condition and using it as an investigative tool.

As for the comments from LE, again investigative tools. They leaned on her, even the Law professor noted that.

As for the fear of the backyard, remember the big submerged pipe back there? If I thought there would be any possibility of my baby in an area like that, I would not go back there, I would send my DH.

I have 2 opinions on the time thing.

1) She was drunk and doesn't remember.

2) When something traumatic happens, details are fuzzy. Days later or even weeks later, a victim remembers certain things that they may have done that would trigger a memory.

I believe LE found out through media interviews and that's why they are requesting reinterviews separately. I think DB is very scared they will arrest her.

#3 - She didn't want to look bad for not checking on her sick baby before he passed out.

(KCA has dibbs on #2)

that raises a point I've wondered about.....she initially said 10:30 p.m. and then changed to 6:30 p.m. Why the change? A lie? Embarrassment? But would you care about that if your baby's life is on the line? She didn't tell the truth on that one point initially so the question is why? I think that's one thing we can say pretty much for certain.

What I'd love to know is when did the cops find out about the timeline change? Same day or from the media interviews?

Wouldn't the police have shared it with the media had they known it was really 6:30? From all I have heard, KCPD's main reason for (still) wanting to speak to them again is due to the change in timeline.

Her family has a HX of alcoholism. I'm think Dr. Phil will speak on it. There is a difference between "Passed out" and Blacked out" Anyone who knows about drinking knows if they "Blacked out".

If she is lying about blacking out or drinking, then she has a reason to be lying and it is not good.

Snipped and BBM : I agree -- this is what I think the show will be about -- more than it will be about WHY DB and JI are NOT talking to LE ... MOO ...

JMO ... but I think the topic of DB being "drunk" the night Baby Lisa is the "defense strategy" ...

Joe Tacopino and the defense team have been putting this "drunk theory" out there ... it's her "excuse" ...

And after the show airs, JT will be able to "gauge" the reaction of the viewers to see if they "bought" it.

JMO ... but DB will NEVER answer the questions truthfully and will continue with her "defense" :

I :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: ... I was :drink:

Of course ... JMO and MOO ...

I don't look for any significant revelations on the Dr. Phil show. Tacopina will have coached his clients thoroughly about what they can/can't say and how to answer (as he should - that's his job). He will also likely jump in and answer for them in some instances, both because he'll need to and because he's not gonna sit there and not get any air time for himself. ;)

DB could have removed a deceased Lisa from the house by putting her in a suitcase/bag/container. She could have driven a vehicle, disposed of her, threw something in a dumpster; tossed a lighter in it. She could have found and brought back a stray cat along the way, went to bed and NOT remember one darn thing....IF she blacked out..

I think DB will avoid the "Black out" term. She caught herself the first time and added "possibly". There is no possibly with Black out. If she goes that route, she is in deep doodoo...and she has been told this, I'm sure. This alcohol use needs to be addressed and she needs to be rehabilitated and that is why they are going on Dr. Phil.....IMO.

I'm pretty sure she will use the words, "I fell asleep" from here on out.

Deborah also acknowledged taking anxiety medication. (Add that to the alcohol)

Very good point - I'd forgotten about that. Depending on what the medication was and when she'd taken it, that could be a huge factor in how both substances affected her. Thank you!

Deborah also acknowledged taking anxiety medication. (Add that to the alcohol)

Sure did. How do we know she didn't embide some of the spirits that her friend was drinking. The more I think about that night, the more it appears to be a party.

Can neighbors vouch for these two gals sitting on the porch for hours? Instincts tell me they were inside. I bet they only went outside to smoke. Whose house were they in though? Maybe DB was really at SB's and she doesn't want to say she left the kids alone.

I think DB will avoid the "Black out" term. She caught herself the first time and added "possibly". There is no possibly with Black out. If she goes that route, she is in deep doodoo...and she has been told this, I'm sure. This alcohol use needs to be addressed and she needs to be rehabilitated and that is why they are going on Dr. Phil.....IMO.

I'm pretty sure she will use the words, "I fell asleep" from here on out.

I dunno about that. If, hypothetically, she is involved, I think it would be to her benefit to claim blackout or drunk to the point of remembering very little.

I dunno about that. If, hypothetically, she is involved, I think it would be to her benefit to claim blackout or drunk to the point of remembering very little.

I wasn't clear. She may soften it with..."I fell asleep after drinking"...

Black-out has to be avoided at all costs due to the example I posted. She has already told everyone she was seriously drunk...but adding Black-out is like putting a noose on her neck.

There was liquor around, anxiety meds and anti-depressants. Any of these will intensify a drinking experience.

if this was the case, how did she cover her azz this well? Drunks are not stealthy nor careful.

who said she covered her azz, being drunk is NOT a crime, they cannot arrest her because she is or was drunk. JMO

I hope Dr. Phil asks them WHY they will not talk to LE if they are innocent.

I hope he asks this question, too ... AND he should also ask DB and JI WHY won't they talk to LE separately ...

:doh: probably won't happen because DB and JI will have their "defense attorney" sitting right there next to them "holding their hands" ...

:doh: oh that's right -- those mean "popo" ... JT is going to spin this BIG TIME ...

:waitasec: Which begs the question : IF DB and JI are INNOCENT ... then WHY do they need their defense attorney sitting right there next to them ?

:waitasec: JMO but DB/JI obviously have "something to hide" ...

WHERE is Lisa ?

MOO ...

I hope he asks this question, too ... AND he should also ask DB and JI WHY won't they talk to LE separately ...

: ... then WHY do they need their defense attorney sitting right there next to them ?

JMO but DB/JI obviously have "something to hide" ... WHERE is Lisa ?

MOO ...

DB needs an attorney because she speaks w/o thinking. That is the same reason Cindy A. couldn't leave home w/o one.

The Dr. Phil show may have provided a limo (for sure), first class seating and a posh hotel for the weekend in New York.

Local LE can't compete with that! However, they have other ways...hehe

I don't look for any significant revelations on the Dr. Phil show. Tacopina will have coached his clients thoroughly about what they can/can't say and how to answer (as he should - that's his job). He will also likely jump in and answer for them in some instances, both because he'll need to and because he's not gonna sit there and not get any air time for himself. ;)

Not to be disrespectful at all; however (JMO) Tacopina will have every question, every verbage dr. phil will be injecting into this TV for profit, already coaching his clients what to say, how to react. So disgusted with all these "people" (cough)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019