Physical Description​

Date of Birth: Circa 1988
Race: Unknown
Height: 3'9".
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Straight, shoulder length, light blonde
Eye Color: Unknown
Nickname/Alias: Debbie
Distinguishing Marks/Features: White Female.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Red jacket reaching to her knees, red-greed checkered shirt, cardigan with multicolored pattern/stripes, short red skirt with white pattern, grey white woolen socks, brown ankle-high lace-up boots.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Deborah was last seen in Düsseldorf -Wersten, Germany on February 13, 1996. She was last seen by another girl in front of her primary school Rheindorfer Weg near the back door toward Wiesdorfer Strasse.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Düsseldorf Police
Agency Contact Person: +49 211/870-0
Agency Phone Number: N/A
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Deborah Sassen seit 1996 vermisst

(you can change the language on the top right corner)

Ungeklärte Vermisstenfälle: Vermisst - Wenn Kinder spurlos verschwinden | Das Erste

"Deborah "Debbie" Sassen was eight years old when she disappeared after swimming lessons on February 13, 1996. It's less than 1,000 meters from the school entrance in Düsseldorf-Wersten to her parents' house. Neither her school bag nor the gym bag nor any part of her clothing ever appeared again.

The investigators begin the largest search operation by the Düsseldorf police to date. Divers descend twice into the frozen lake in the Buga area. A passerby saw children playing on the ice there. According to other witness statements, illustrators created a picture of a man who was said to have been at the school in a beige car. He was never found."

Wenn Kinder spurlos verschwinden

"Three and a half years later, Anita, Dagmar Funke's older daughter, committed suicide. At 19, she hanged herself in an attic. And Dagmar Funke finally lost it.

(..)

She hasn't chatted in a long time. She immediately talks about her daughters: "I cry Anita. I saw her again after her suicide, at the forensic office. I don't cry Debbie, I could only do so if I knew she was no longer alive. life. But that “I should feel it, right? I do not feel it."

On the morning of February 13, 1996, she kissed her sleeping daughter and pulled up the covers. “Goodbye, sweetheart,” she said as always. She remembers this scene in almost photographic detail. Debbie didn't have to leave the house until half an hour later. When Dagmar Funke returned from her job at the mall's juice stand around 12:30 p.m., she should have already been home from school.

Debbie didn't come home. Neither that day nor the next day. “A policeman told me: don’t get your hopes up, she’s definitely dead.”

Dagmar Funke screamed and moaned. She lay down in Debbie's bed to smell her child. She crawled into her closet to smell her child. “Little by little, it ate away at my soul. »

Valium, alcohol, destruction. Dagmar Funke could bear less and less the waiting and the fear for his child. "At first I thought I could use the power of my thoughts to take her home. But she didn't come." At one point, she only weighed 70 pounds because she thought she couldn't eat anything, while Debbie was in danger of starving to death.

Then there was hope, comfort. Dagmar Funke had two more children. And she thought: maybe life goes on after all. Until Anita commits suicide. "Anita was the least able to cope with Debbie's disappearance, she was so angry at this world in which something like that could happen. She was more radical than me, in the end I couldn't kill myself."

How much pain can a mother endure? “The longer Debbie was missing, the worse I felt,” says Dagmar Funke. She blamed herself for what had happened: because she hadn't gone to pick up her daughter from school. "I still haven't forgiven myself for that. And I should have been there more for Anita too."

After Anita's death, Dagmar Funke left her two little daughters with her ex-husband and fled to the Baltic Sea. “I stand by my decision today, as painful as it is,” she said. "I was thinking specifically about suicide at that time and the idea of taking my children with me to die. If I hadn't left, one of those family tragedies could have happened."

For years, Dagmar Funke fought for everything. On survival, on appropriate therapy, on a strategy for existing after such twists of fate. When she again thought she couldn't make it, she took sleeping pills, drank strong beer and fled to the Baltic Sea. Sea rescuers pulled them out of the cold water. It was a few years ago. When suicidal thoughts returned a few months ago, she immediately sought help at a clinic. "I want to live. Because the hope that Debbie is still alive is still very strong today."

Also here's an age progression photo of Debbie that was made years after her disappearance (I couldn't find the exact year or the age she's supposed to be on it, probably on her teen years)
1700869311472.png

Debbie's mother gave in interview in 2023 in which one she talks about the fact that 3 years after her disappearance, a picture appeared on a CP website, and she thinks that the girl on it is her daughter. She stated "I opened up the first page and I knew it was my daughter".

Screenshot_20231125-011052.png
Screenshot_20231125-011309.png
(Sorry for the quality, I took screenshots from the interview)

Other pictures of the same girl were found, and on these ones she was naked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back