Decomp smell **REVISIT**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good question. Maybe LP is right, and a 'stew' was in that bag, with fluids that spilled into the trunk (the stain) Once that soaked into the carpet, that smell was there and was only going to get worse and worse. I think those of us who don't know about decomp except what we've learned (here) have no idea how bad it is.

MAYBE, she mentioned it so that IF someone else discovered it she'd be like, 'I know, I told you those squirrels stunk up my car, now you know what I was talking about'.

I think even CA had no idea how much worse it was going to get at the point. She got rid of Caylee and thought the smell would lessen after that.

Do you suppose she asked the two guys to push her car in backwards so they'd be pushing from the front (less smell) and not from the back, (worse smell?) I thought about that earlier. Cause to me, if my car needs pushed off the road, I'm just glad to get any help, however it has to be pushed. I just think to push a car backwards is weird. (if that story is even true, btw)

I don't think there were any 'guys.' I think that is a figment of KC's imagination. I also think LP knows way more than we do. It seems he has talked to EVERYONE! I don't think he was supprised about anything released in the doc dump as I'm sure he already knew that and more. My theory is she moved the body on the 24th and there was leakage which smelled foul IMMEDIATLY, hence the story about squirls immerges.

Was there any fluid or blood found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car? If so, have the test results come back? If a body was decomposing in the boot, it is likely the body would have excreted fluid materials which would have been a major cause of the stench.

It seems sketchy to me. They say that the hair had the 'death ring' around it, yet they haven't actually revealed that they're treating this as a murder investigation, in fact I believed they last claimed they were treating this as a missing persons case... :waitasec:

I've been wondering the same thing: how long does a body have to be in a car trunk to smell the way it did. Is it one day, one week or more? Would the Body Farm know the answer to this? Do the police know the answer? If she was driving around from the 15th or 16th until the 27th with the smell getting worse by the day, then she was starting to think of stories to cover. Before it smelled so bad, she didn't care. That's why she was drinking and smoking pot so much, to forget about what she had done.

Ok this is an article called the 26 stages of death...it is pretty gross, but it gives good info about what happens after death!

* Moment of Death:
1} The heart stops
2} The skin gets tight and grey in color
3} All the muscles relax
4} The bladder and bowels empty
. . . .4a - Men will get an erection. No, I don't know when, exactly. I really didn't feel like calling up the local mortuary and asking this. And there's people on my mailing list I could have asked, I bet, but it's kind of weird popping up and asking that. No pun intended. I'm not sure my parents know what erections are, so I can't ask them. I did read that this was one of the reasons hangings were so well attended by women, back in the old.days. Big Laffs, seeing the Hung, hung.
5} The body's temperature will typically drop 1.5 degrees F. per hour unless outside environment is a factor. The liver is the organ that stays warmest the longest, and this temperature is used to establish time of death if the body is found within that time frame.

* After 30 minutes:
6} The skin gets purple and waxy
7} The lips, finger- and toe nails fade to a pale color or turn white as the blood leaves.
8} Blood pools at the lowest parts of the body leaving a dark purple-black stain called lividity
9} The hands and feet turn blue
10} The eyes start to sink into the skull

* After 4 hours:
11} Rigor mortis starts to set in
12} The purpling of the skin and pooling of blood continue
13} Rigor Mortis begins to tighten the muscles for about another 24 hours, then will reverse and the body will return to a limp state.

* After 12 hours:
14} The body is in full rigor mortis.

* After 24 hours:
15} The body is now the temperature of the surrounding environment
16} In males, the semen dies
17} The head and neck are now a greenish-blue color
18} The greenish-blue color continues to spread to the rest of the body
19} There is the strong smell of rotting meat
20} The face of the person is essentially no longer recognizable

* After 3 days:
21} The gases in the body tissues form large blisters on the skin
22} The whole body begins to bloat and swell grotesquely. This process is speeded up if victim is in a hot environment, or in water
23} Fluids leak from the mouth, nose, eyes, ears and rectum and urinary opening

* After 3 weeks:
24} The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can be easily pulled off the corpse
25} The skin cracks and bursts open in many places because of the pressure of Internal gases and the breakdown of the skin itself
26} Decomposition will continue until body is nothing but skeletal remains, which can take as little as a month in hot climates and two months in cold climates. The teeth are often the only thing left, years and centuries later, because tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the body. The jawbone is the densest, so that usually will also remain. So don't forget - brush regularly and floss only if you're really bored.

her parents will not publicly say "she did anything to their grandaughter"

but they know, and by not doing anything but defending her they are trampling on their grandaughter

"dont be afraid to see what you see"

they are afraid to see the hippo in the living room making pot brownies
and it makes me want to wretch my NON TOBACCO filled lungs out

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

The dead body would have had to be in the backyard at some point, to explain the decomp smell that the dogs hit on.
She abandoned the car because of the smell, and came up with the squirrel story to cover her tracks. I believe Caylee died in the car... and Casey did not know what to do at first... it would be kind of hard to just dump your dead daughter somewhere immediately so she had to have time to think and plan. Thus, the car by the dumpster.
I think LP is right on about this. He ain't no fool.

In the Florida heat it would take less than 24 hours for the stench to start. It would fill the trunk with the stench and continue to seep into the entire car. The fluids would start with in 3-4 days with the heat and humidity going on there. The stain would continue to release gasses so even if she took the body out of the trunk that wouldn't stop the stench from continuing to grow. Of course this is just my experiences with the decomp process and how I have seen it work. I think we haven't heard much about the stain because it's going to be vital information to the prosecution in a murder trial. LE has been VERY calculated in this chess game on what has leaked and what hasn't. I applaud them for continuing to add pressure and keeping Ms. Thang on her toes.

I do believe she was in the backyard at some point. The only thing is that Casey would have had to move Caylee the 19th when BB saw her and she borrowed the shovel. I think she was in the trunk up until the 19th. Casey borrows the shovel to bury her in the yard, realizes it's too much work, puts Caylee back into the trunk and then dumps her body somewhere else.

I also believe she told AH about the smell because she was afraid that someone would notice it. I think she told more than just AH about it actually.

Good question. Maybe LP is right, and a 'stew' was in that bag, with fluids that spilled into the trunk (the stain) Once that soaked into the carpet, that smell was there and was only going to get worse and worse. I think those of us who don't know about decomp except what we've learned (here) have no idea how bad it is.

MAYBE, she mentioned it so that IF someone else discovered it she'd be like, 'I know, I told you those squirrels stunk up my car, now you know what I was talking about'.

I think even CA had no idea how much worse it was going to get at the point. She got rid of Caylee and thought the smell would lessen after that.

Do you suppose she asked the two guys to push her car in backwards so they'd be pushing from the front (less smell) and not from the back, (worse smell?) I thought about that earlier. Cause to me, if my car needs pushed off the road, I'm just glad to get any help, however it has to be pushed. I just think to push a car backwards is weird. (if that story is even true, btw)
I've always wondered if the guys that helped her push the car were interviewed. Did I miss them somewhere? where have you seen a reference to the guys pushing please?

I have just had an opportunity lately to come back and catch up on all of the news here. I just wanted to add my two cents about this "atrocious smell" as described by LE. I was talking with my brother, LE for 15 yrs, and we were talking about the smell. From his first hand experience and very succinct way of putting things - the smell of decomposition is "like nothing else" you will ever smell and "something you will never forget". He also told me there have been times when he has been a crime scene, come home and actually had to throw away his clothes because he could not get the odor from the clothes. So this smell is definitely a "one of a kind", definitely strong, definitely something that wouldn't be mistaken for something else and, as a long time Florida resident, you can take something that bad and multiply it by about a million in this afternoon Florida heat. I think she wanted to mention the odor first to anyone who might come across it because she knew it was there, she knew it smelled horrible, she knew someone would smell it and she was taking an "offensive" approach so she didn't have to take a "defensive" approach later. No wonder the boyfriend said she was already out of the car with groceries in hand waiting for him to pick her up at AmScot - she didn't want him anywhere near that car.

I have just had an opportunity lately to come back and catch up on all of the news here. I just wanted to add my two cents about this "atrocious smell" as described by LE. I was talking with my brother, LE for 15 yrs, and we were talking about the smell. From his first hand experience and very succinct way of putting things - the smell of decomposition is "like nothing else" you will ever smell and "something you will never forget". He also told me there have been times when he has been a crime scene, come home and actually had to throw away his clothes because he could not get the odor from the clothes. So this smell is definitely a "one of a kind", definitely strong, definitely something that wouldn't be mistaken for something else and, as a long time Florida resident, you can take something that bad and multiply it by about a million in this afternoon Florida heat. I think she wanted to mention the odor first to anyone who might come across it because she knew it was there, she knew it smelled horrible, she knew someone would smell it and she was taking an "offensive" approach so she didn't have to take a "defensive" approach later. No wonder the boyfriend said she was already out of the car with groceries in hand waiting for him to pick her up at AmScot - she didn't want him anywhere near that car.
I agree completely!

Was there any fluid or blood found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car? If so, have the test results come back? If a body was decomposing in the boot, it is likely the body would have excreted fluid materials which would have been a major cause of the stench.

It seems sketchy to me. They say that the hair had the 'death ring' around it, yet they haven't actually revealed that they're treating this as a murder investigation, in fact I believed they last claimed they were treating this as a missing persons case... :waitasec:

In my opinion, they do not have the DNA evidence from the trunk like they keep saying or they would have already arrested KC for murder.

I think she mentioned the smell once she had completely disposed of the body. She wouldn't have mentioned it prior to that as someone may have looked into where the smell was coming from. She alluded to the story of the squirrel once there was no longer a body to find in the trunk.
I posted elsewhere that the gas cans could have been used to store the remains as LP stated it would be like carrying a 30 pound bag of stew. I originally thought she may have used siphoning tools to get rid of the remains, now I am considering she may have used a garden hose. Since the A's have the pool in the backyard, KC might be familiar with the concept of placing one end of the hose in a bag with the liquified remains and the other end lower to the ground, inside the gas cans; this might also explain the dog hits in the backyard. Anyone know how many gas cans it would take to contain the liquid remains of a 3 year old girl?

In my opinion, they do not have the DNA evidence from the trunk like they keep saying or they would have already arrested KC for murder.

I don't think LE would lie about this. The reason being that it turned the focus from a missing child to a dead child. There's no way they would "fake" that she was dead and thus lose help in finding a "missing" child. If they didn't truly believe she was dead, with some evidence to prove that, they would not risk her life by claiming such. IMO

The smell in the car didn't necessarily have to come from the stain though. When a body decomposes, it would be enough to permeate throughout the entire car. Even if no stain was left behind at all.....the smell would still be in the car because the gasses from the decomposing body would have already permeated the interior of the car. If that body was in the trunk, obviously the smell would be focused there. I do see what you're saying about how it's unlikely that the body was in the car for such an extended period of time, and I agree. However, it is possible that the body was originally in one location and already beginning to decompose, then it was moved via the trunk to another location. I cannot fathom how anyone could stomach such a thing, but it is a possibility. I wonder how long it takes for a decomposing body to began to smell enough to fill up a car? :waitasec:
-----------------
I think we quite a few of us are wondering about the same thing.I agree with you,believe Caylee was one place then moved.Is it possible she was under one of the toys in the yard ? maybe that is why the dogs hit.They are not wrong..I think she then placed Caylee in the wheel well in the trunk (storage)..She could have had her there a few days which would account for the strong odor.Maybe that is why she was afraid to have her father go into the car for the gas tanks or wedges.I am convinced she had her in the car at least a couple of days.Amy may have mentioned smelling something if she passed by the car,Casey would try to cover it up.I find the stain interesting.If you have never smelled a rotten potato,let one rot.after a couple of days a liquid forms under the potato~geeze does it smell! worst odor I have ever experienced.A body does not start to smell pronto,takes a bit of time. She must have been scared sh**less! an interesting read ~ "The Body Farm",on thee internet..IMO
P.S. if I have any of the time line screwed up please excuse.This case is really giving me a test for senility and forgetfulness.LOL.

Knowing that someone is dead and PROVING who murdered them without a body is a difficult thing to say the least. You can guarantee that they have DNA, but to charge Casey for the MURDER they have had to build a case using testimony and whatever other means they have at their disposal (and I think they have a lot more than we are completely aware of), and that takes time. They are being careful and thorough, so when the moment comes when they charge her, she will be CONVICTED. Just "having" dna is not enough to prove the case. They need more, especially without poor little Caylee's body.

I feel that she had caylee in the car for possibly up to 3 weeks. Cause if you remember she wasn't seen much for around 3 weeks by several of the interviews. She could've had caylee in the back yard like her doll house or something at first and then when she borrowed the shovel she could've been trying to use that to bury caylee in the backyard and realized it was harder than she thought and that's why her car was in the garage "backed up"(not normal) to move caylees body so it doesn't get discovered. Now 2 questions: #1 - was her car backed in the garage before she borrowed the shovel or did she back it in after she realized she couldn't dig a big enough hole for her. #2 - when police went to the backyard and the cadaver dogs did hit on a spot was there any freshly dug dirt or anything to that fact in the yard.
It's just impossible I feel that you would have such a highly scent of decomposition in a car from 2 squirrels. I mean surely she would start smelling it at first and figure out the problem, have the squirrels removed, then the smell is going to go away especially if discovered very early. Now if caylee was dead somewhere else and left for 3 weeks and as the post above the decomposition really starts around 3 weeks then caylees body fluids would sink into the carpet of that trunk and yes it won't go away and would get stronger due to that babies fluids etc.
If you notice everything revolves really around 3 weeks time.
As far as all her lies and stuff, my husband and I was talking about this that all her stories and now the latest of meeting the nanny in blanchard park and having a script to read (which hasn't been produced) for 30 days. Casey when talking to 911 and brother etc... she hadn't seen her baby in 31 days. 1 day after the script was up she told her story and said that she had to ready that script and not get police or media involved. So now that they are all involved and they end up finding the babies body she can now jump back to her story that the nanny killed her because everyone got involved.. Not sure but this is just a crazy story...
Also one more thing... if someone has caylee, there was a $250,000 reward for her. Ok that's alot of dang money. If I had her I would say I found her walking along the street or something to collect that money. I mean nobody is going to keep that baby with that kind of reward. :behindbar

ok sorry enough ranting and raving... I could go all day with this crazy girl.. I wish I could talk to her and knock some sense into her!

-----------------
I think we quite a few of us are wondering about the same thing.I agree with you,believe Caylee was one place then moved.Is it possible she was under one of the toys in the yard ? maybe that is why the dogs hit.They are not wrong..I think she then placed Caylee in the wheel well in the trunk (storage)..She could have had her there a few days which would account for the strong odor.Maybe that is why she was afraid to have her father go into the car for the gas tanks or wedges.I am convinced she had her in the car at least a couple of days.Amy may have mentioned smelling something if she passed by the car,Casey would try to cover it up.I find the stain interesting.If you have never smelled a rotten potato,let one rot.after a couple of days a liquid forms under the potato~geeze does it smell! worst odor I have ever experienced.A body does not start to smell pronto,takes a bit of time. She must have been scared sh**less! an interesting read ~ "The Body Farm",on thee internet..IMO
P.S. if I have any of the time line screwed up please excuse.This case is really giving me a test for senility and forgetfulness.LOL.

That entire story was a made up one to muddy the timeline, and is a completely different one than George told Lee, BEFORE July 29th when Lee gave his sworn statement. He never got near her trunk. She had already thrown her clothes in there and slammed it shut and FORCEFULLY and with CURSING gave his gas cans back: "Here's your f'ing gas cans" was what Lee told the police George told him happened, and George was nowhere near the car.

It was ONLY 11 days from the late night of the 15th to the late night of the 26th. One week and 4 days-not even 2 weeks when the car was abandoned.

does anyone know if the guys that supposedly helped push the car have come forward? if so where can I find info?

In high school a girl down the street had a "secret pregnancy". She delivered a stillborn baby at home, cleaned up the mess, double bagged the baby in green plastic garbage bags and put him in a suitcase in the attic. She told no-one! A week later the odor became noticeable and the family believed a rodent of some kind had died in the attic. They spent the next two days trying to locate the source of the smell. Second day (so a week and 2 days had passed) they figured out it was the suitcase and took it outside to open it. So...if a body is wrapped airtight in plastic, it can take a while for the stench to emit all the way to the car's interior, I believe.

It would all depend on how she died. Another thing would be her weight.

A super tiny child with very little body fat would decompose at a slower rate, whereas a normal toddler with their pudginess would decompose faster because fat decomposes quicker, especially in intense heat. Also add in humidity which adds more moisture to the fat. Then take into account a sealed place such as a trunk, it would be like baking in an oven. So two days or so could easily produce a smell that intense.

I am an N.P. and have smelled death many times. It doesn't just smell, it permeates everything it touches and is nearly impossible to get rid of.

And..it does NOT smell like a dead squirrel.

GOD it is heartbreaking just writing this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back