Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the players in this case are pretty daft. I won't be surprised if it IS a legit threat. JMO

Alas, I am losing faith in Pointhunter. Today he is again posting that he has been threatened. Seriously, what would be the point in threatening him. He can't go put the remains back and tell LE he never found them. I soooo wanted to believe him.

I think he is telling the truth. Be too easy to discredit what he is saying, IMO. And do remember that even though he is not law enforcement per se, there is still a certain accountability in his line of work.

Another member pointed out to me that way back when, LE worked with the hosts of BTH Blog Radio Show to draw something out of the POI's. I had forgotten about that, who's to say that's not what's going on with PH & CL?

actually, the threat was not from that site. He claims a note was left on his car at work. He works at a prison. Ya think there might be a camera or two?

I don't think the threat is from Shawn or one of his cronies, more likely someone who works at the prison. Who better to know where there are/aren't cameras.

Eek, I just realized that Curtis may work at the prison (there are two in Big Spring) which is very close to the location of the last remains we thought might be Hailey.

Eek, I just realized that Curtis may work at the prison (there are two in Big Spring) which is very close to the location of the last remains we thought might be Hailey.

I thought he did work at the prison?

What are you thinking? Not sure I understand your concern.

The admin of that blog (you know, the one we don't talk about) just said he knows of more than one family that has been notified that the remains are not their angel. Anyone heard of anyone other than the Casibaws?

any locals? any new news from any locals??? either TX or CO?
Would love to be a fly on the wall of BD or SA..............
IMO, I still think they did something to Hailey

actually, the threat was not from that site. He claims a note was left on his car at work. He works at a prison. Ya think there might be a camera or two?

What would be the point of threatening him (unless he was making stuff up of course, that would get people riled up) it is not like he knows something LE doesn't.

BBM
How do you know they didn't?
Seriously things get talked about to family, friends, and just off the record many times that aren't always known about.

MOO

There are two reasons:

1) LE don't disclose information to random people who don't need to know that information. Just because he found some item does not entitle him to be "in the loop", he is not an interested party.

2) Disclosing confidential information to a potential witness relating to what they witnessed could compromise that witnesses testimony in a future trial. Any LEO who does that deserves to be fired on the spot, it is extremely unprofessional behaviour.

There are two reasons:

1) LE don't disclose information to random people who don't need to know that information. Just because he found some item does not entitle him to be "in the loop", he is not an interested party.

2) Disclosing confidential information to a potential witness relating to what they witnessed could compromise that witnesses testimony in a future trial. Any LEO who does that deserves to be fired on the spot, it is extremely unprofessional behaviour.

Then again if one of the LEO was friends with LC they could tell him which wouldn't surprise me in this case. Its always amazed me how many people have phoned LE and been put through to investigating officers and been told information.

What would be the point of threatening him (unless he was making stuff up of course, that would get people riled up) it is not like he knows something LE doesn't.

Guilty people may not like information he putting out or things that he is saying.

Well both "sides" in these things gather their groupies, I wouldn't be surprised if a BD or SA fan was going to bat for them.

Well both "sides" in these things gather their groupies, I wouldn't be surprised if a BD or SA fan was going to bat for them.

Not being funny but Shawn and moreso Billie have some pretty weird and obsessive fans out there :(

Could he possibly be TRYING to bait someone?

Could he possibly be TRYING to bait someone?

I think he could be.

I tend to believe if someone truely thought they found a little girl deceased in the condition he describes ,and truely thought it was that person they not would be telling teasers on the interent unless there was a motive to do so,so that motive might overcome the grief and sorrow a person feels for that victim.

Has he considered the skull belonged to a real person and is not just a news story?

Otherwise I have a real hard time with him thinking he found a child who has the stimga in her case (murder by mom and boyfriend or one or the other etc.) and really believes it to be her and is posting crap on the interent about it.

I also know LE will not give your name to a reporter unless you give them permission to do so.

I do not believe he thinks it is her based on what he said ,I hink he thinks it is her because he thought of her case when he saw the skull. JMO

My BIL found a UID ,and he gets upset when talking about it which is hardly ever.

I am kind of leery of the CL stuff too. And how he got to that page to post, too. Why threaten someone for finding remains?? Like someone basically said, (sorry I forget who, if it was here,) what is he gonna do,ask LE for'em back , take them where they were found and say oops, my bad??
I know one thing, if I was so sadly fortunate to find the remains of a possible missing person, I would keep my yap shut...until LE gave an absolute all clear that I could share....and even then I might not. If this is some strategy by LE, imho , you think they would know better by now...esp. in Hailey's case...... IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M