Decorah Iowa, Bald Eagle Cam-Watch the babies hatch :)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what size dog is safe from a eagle? I always worry about my 11 pound yorkie...there are several eagles in this area. Between the eagles and the big ol' hoot owls, I'm always on edge when he's out doing his recons on the property.

From the Link C H posted :Q. What size of prey will a bald eagle be able to take and carry?
A. A strong bird might be able to fly off an item that is about 1.8 kilograms (four pounds). A smaller bird would be able to carry less weight than would a larger bird.

I have no idea about owls.

I saw a Great Horned Owl take up a piglet, fwiw. They're strong!

When I was a child I was outside playing with out cat at dusk and a HUGE owl took my cat.. flew off with it. We never saw him again! I was traumatized for years LOL

While on the Raptor Resource Project You Tube page I clicked on one of their videos in which an eagle picks up & carries a mountain goat!

It's a golden eagle.. they are HUGE! Pretty cool huh

Do you know what size dog is safe from a eagle? I always worry about my 11 pound yorkie...there are several eagles in this area. Between the eagles and the big ol' hoot owls, I'm always on edge when he's out doing his recons on the property.

I live in rural southeastern Manitoba and have bald eagles flying by regularly. My late husband told me than small dogs like yours, plus cats and any other small animals are "eagle food." For dogs that size, you must keep your eye on them as given the opportunity, mature eagles will go after them if there is no other food available.

God 's gift for us to see it's a wonderful world these are a great part of the wonderful.Thank you for sharing .

Uh oh, mama was sleeping peacefully and something must have alerted her all of a sudden, she's yelling again.

I live in rural southeastern Manitoba and have bald eagles flying by regularly. My late husband told me than small dogs like yours, plus cats and any other small animals are "eagle food." For dogs that size, you must keep your eye on them as given the opportunity, mature eagles will go after them if there is no other food available.

We have a little Yorkshire Terrier (she weighs about five pounds). She was being all hyper yesterday so my husband picked her up and said, "Do you want us to feed you to mama's eagle (meaning the one we're all watching)?" I was horrified!! :D

What happened to the website???

I don't know - my internet connection keeps going off and on too. And WS is loading so slow. I am never sure if it is my computer, my provider, or just me. But it appears they are trying.

I don't know - my internet connection keeps going off and on too. And WS is loading so slow. I am never sure if it is my computer, my provider, or just me. But it appears they are trying.

When I try to go there, I get a message saying "the website you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable. Please check back soon." NOOOO!!!

And where is everyone, btw???

When I try to go there, I get a message saying "the website you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable. Please check back soon." NOOOO!!!

And where is everyone, btw???

I get a still picture and sound for a while, then it goes back off line.

Everyone is probably trying to catch up on things they let go the past few days watching this great show.

ETA #1 still peeping out from under I think Mom.

I'm in the same boat as Lorann. I just closed out the cams as they were loading really slowly and there was lots of lag loading what actually came in. I am not happy. I need my eagle fix!:maddening:

Why the heck can't I get on then if everyone else can???? Oooh I'm mad. This will seriously ruin my Thursday. :mad: :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08