Defending Misty on Jan 10, 2011 in Putnam County

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Misty had pled not guilty and forced this to trial, would she have been likely to get any worse than the min. man. sentence? Even if she was sentenced to 30 years a pop to run consequetively, IMO attorneys would be lining up to head her appeal and get her sentence kicked, and IMO they would have won. I still just do not get how Misty, OR Hope, OR their respective attorneys did not work out a deal for reduced charges in return for pleading no contest.

IMO, if Misty can't do a better job of making herself look more sympathetic than she did at the last sentencing hearing, she's looking at another 25 years, and her SJC appeal is just a waste of everyone's time.

Why would they give Misty any deals when she is witholding what happened to a 5 year old child?

Is there anyone reporting from the courtroom?

Settling in for the announcement. I noticed in press that detectives will be questioning her before sentencing about what she may know about the Haleigh Cummings case. Lets be hopeful eh?

Facing 7 trafficking charges with some stiff minimum sentencing. Ouch!

Order in the court, Misty Croslin please approach. Any twitter feeds?

So her sentencing is set for 1:30 pm, so tech. were 8 mins into it. Where is our coverage ?

I think I've been spoiled by the Anthony coverage... :cool:

Why would they give Misty any deals when she is witholding what happened to a 5 year old child?

IMO, a deal of some sort might have been offered Misty by the State to avoid the trouble and expense of going to trial. DB got such a deal in St. Johns--a reduced charge in exchange for not taking her case to trial.

Misty should have held out for such a deal. It could have taken as much 10 years off each of her sentences. And even if she didn't get a deal upfront, I believe a jury trial would not have given her more time and even if it had, the max was only 5 years more, and she would likely get those lopped off at appeal. She's a first time offender and all charges are for a non-violent crime; there's no way she could legally have been sentenced to the max, IMO.

Misty won't do 25 years. She will get some relief via the appeal process or some other action down the road. They probably all will, but Misty in particular with so many charges. Before all is said and done, Misty might be the Poster Child for Injustice in Sentencing for a Non-Violent Offense.

All JMO.

Because that is the way the game is played. Trials are expensive, and since Misty did her crimes in 2 different counties, she could have had 2 different trials, all at FL taxpayer expense. Haleigh or no Haleigh, IMO, that is still a pretty hefty chip to bargain with.

I have 10 screens open here and I'm not getting any updates from any of them

why is there never any live feeds of these hearing? We know there are camera's in the courtroom we get to see what happens afterwords, so why not show it when it happens? Is Haleigh any less important than Caylee? I think not.

Putnam County deputy said hearing will start in a few minutes. (per twitter)

why is there never any live feeds of these hearing? We know there are camera's in the courtroom we get to see what happens afterwords, so why not show it when it happens? Is Haleigh any less important than Caylee? I think not.

Frustrating, isn't it? Makes me think I should make a point to be in court on those days, just to be able to report back to WS, except I lived a few states away. :( I would enjoy the drive, unless something happened in sentencing that ticked me off and I'd have to drive home quite PO'd. Beware the angry driver!

Is Art Harris in court? Anyone know if he was planning to go?

Defense Attorney for Misty just walked in (per tweet)

this lady on twitter is on top of things. twitting (is that a word?) every couple seconds.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back