Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing. When is JB going to start taking this case serious and start perparing a defense for Casey and stop wasting the states money and time on BS?????

Dang it, someone needs to remove JB from this case.

Geez, I better warn my sister, who lives in Ocala. I need to tell her if anyone comes to her door, saying they work for Mr. Baez on a case for Ms. Casey Anthony and are looking for a woman who goes by Aedrys on Websleuths, that that is not me, don't let them in, and don't tell them anything. Maybe I should get a lawyer, just in case...I'm being facetious, but we just don't know how far the defense will go!

And if I wasn't supposed to mention those other blogs in passing, I will edit my post. I was just trying to point out that there are other good blogs out there that might get tarnished by the defense through frivolous motions, including Websleuths. I wasn't trying to bring them in and derail this conversation.

I think your points are valid indeed. Of particular note is the break immediately following MD comments about another blog with a scientific POV. IMO...it is relevant. Perhaps the defense is saving that one for another motion.

Bold mine.

If true, I know someone with a blog who better "batten down the hatches" and get ready for some smearin'...and it just makes me sick! :furious:

Hi beach! :)
There was a copy of the articles included with the motion... :)

:doh: I even read 'em all. lol

I shouldn't even be posting. I'm not even making sense to myself anymore. :loser:

Reading the Rule that AZ posted and trying to understand how JS's hands are tied in re. what he can consider...gave me a headache. Frustrated and sick of the games. I especially detest those play that dirty.

Right now I'm feeling, "potential appellate issues bedamned! Motion denied. Now, BRING IT ON!"

off to bed now. i trust you all will have it figured out by tomorrow. ;)

I don't exactly love the guy, and he has a habit of going way overboard in being nice to the A's. That being said, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he got caught up in this case, and to have Judge Strickland single him out really inflated his ego. I may not agree with everything he says, but he has done some good reporting and I have found interesting things on his blog. He seems like a decent guy that has gotten in way over his head in this case.

But I am partially irritated. I mean come on, a Casey defense PI visits you and you're not suspicious from the get go? I know he has seen how many people the defense has thrown under the bus. It seems like he thought he was untouchable for some reason, or at the very least, he thought the defense wouldn't bother with him. He is, after all, just another blogger reporting on this case. HE was the one who was starstruck about Judge Strickland, NOT the other way around. But IMO, he should have known better than to open his mouth AT ALL to anyone associated with the defense. especially their neverending supply of PI's!

Now he knows that anyone that was near Orlando, or in the state of Florida for that matter, may be interviewed and thrown under the bus by the defense. I feel sorry for him in that I don't think he's a big a celebrity as they're making him out to be, and just like everyone else the defense has tainted, he didn't deserve to be dragged into this case and under the wheels of the defense bus (that thing must be as big as a lear jet!), especially to make someone fair and unbiased as Judge Strickland look bad. I doubt MD ever intended or wanted to do something like that.

It also kind of makes me worry because who's next? Valhall or anyone that comments on her blog, The Hinky Meter? Express or anyone else at ? The dozens of other bloggers out there who blog specifically about the Caylee Anthony Case? or God forbid, the mods or any posters at Websleuths? I don't want the defense to start going through blogs to find people to drag into this case to make someone else look bad, or to just complain that people hate Casey. Sheesh. They shouldn't be able to do nasty things like that and get away with it.

This whole motion is just very upsetting. A great, legendary judge is being tarnished by a defense that isn't worthy enough to spit on his Honor's shoes. And the defense just keeps sinking lower and lower, losing more and more credibility. I really hoped Mason would clean things up, but no! He's just sitting back and watching Baez drive this into the ground. And Baez couldn't get what he wanted with the TES searchers, so now he's eyeing the bloggers, like he's going to find a gold mine there. Cripes, can't you just do depostions and get on with the freaking case already, Baez?

I understand how you feel, Aedrys, but I see this situation as a win/win for the State. Either JS will step down and the Defense will be dealt even a worse hand than they believe they have now, or, JS will remain as the presiding Judge.

Either way, Casey is going down for the murder of Caylee. Keep that in mind and it tends to ease the bumps along the journey to that end means. :)

Unfortunately, I am sad to say that I agree, because of this wee little tiny line (quoting from his blog) :
"To say I was blindsided by this defense is an absolute understatement and I never really got to see the motion until after all of the interviews were done."

He didn't REALLY get to see it until after? What???? Huh? That word REALLY there...hinky.

And this one: "Does anyone really believe this is how I would like to be remembered? The guy who took out a judge who I have nothing but complete respect and admiration for? This motion is eating me up inside because I will forever be remembered as the defense’s scapegoat. Knechel trumped Kronk and I’m not directly involved whatsoever. Instead of proving Casey is not guilty, it will be about how a blogger inadvertently changed the course due to a legal technicality."

There is a bold confidence in this particular statement that he now goes down in history as the one who derailed the case. He does say he is not predicting an outcome, but all the above tells me differently.

This kind of makes me upset.

I have to go smoke. :banghead:

I'll have a smoke with ya, magic! Sorry gang, but DM just needs to put a sock in it and steam in his own juices. To keep posting on it only makes matters worse.

Also, whether DM meant to or not, he has "implied" a more important role in said interview, as in, now I wonder if he started the ball rolling with the defense. :furious:

I have only read the first two pages, but OMG, JB just opened a can, he might not be able to put a lid back on. Does he realize that JS has yet to file a complainet against JB for bringing contraband into the jail per JB own client. Does this idiot not realize that JS has put up with more $h!t from Biaz than anyone I can think of. The next Judge probably will not put up with JB crap and then what? This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of... Okay done with my rant back to reading.

-------------:blowkiss:
If JS. decides to bow out,anyone know of a very strict Judge in Fla.? if so please post a name so I can pray he gets the case!!!

Good Gawd! Somebody stop DM before he completely destroys this case!

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/...ever_be_remembered_as_defenses_scapegoat.html

*snip*

Knechel now wishes he would have kept that interaction to himself.

But he isn't holding back on what he thinks should happen with this case and his feelings for Casey Anthony's defense team.

“What the judge needs to do is toss this motion out because it smacks of desperation. When Baez and Mason must attack a blogger and a distinguished member of the court, clearly, they have run out of options," Knechel said.

*snip*

Now he's lumping himself and Judge S. together. :rolleyes:

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/...ever_be_remembered_as_defenses_scapegoat.html

*snip*

But he isn't holding back on what he thinks should happen with this case and his feelings for Casey Anthony's defense team.

“What the judge needs to do is toss this motion out because it smacks of desperation. When Baez and Mason must attack a blogger and a distinguished member of the court, clearly, they have run out of options," Knechel said.

*snip*

OH GEEZ!!! Is this guy working for the defense? Now if JS does toss out the motion JB will say its because Knechel said so.... OH LOrd I need a drink.

I understand how you feel, Aedrys, but I see this situation as a win/win for the State. Either JS will step down and the Defense will be dealt even a worse hand than they believe they have now, or, JS will remain as the presiding Judge.

Either way, Casey is going down for the murder of Caylee. Keep that in mind and it tends to ease the bumps along the journey to that end means. :)

I seriously hope you're right! It's just Judge Strickland has been a shining light for truth and justice, and I hate the thought of losing him because of the lower than pond scum defense. And I don't want to see anyone else dragged through the mud for Casey Anthony! Enough is freaking enough, you know?

I just have to keep the faith here, though it's getting harder and harder to do so. Casey will go down, it's just taking forever down a dark, twisted, poisonous road full of motions that never seems to end. :(

OH GEEZ!!! Is this guy working for the defense? Now if JS does toss out the motion JB will say its because Knechel said so.... OH LOrd I need a drink.

Yeah I wondered about that too. If the motion is denied, after Casey loses her case, Baez will undoubtedly claim that JS was out for 'revenge' or something and try to appeal.

*snip*

*snip*

You almost have to laugh; he "wishes he had kept that to himself", yet he can't help but continue heaping the pile bigger and bigger with his own outrageous commentary. It's no wonder the Defense was able to "hoodwink" him, as he calls it. Some people are their own worst enemy and the Defense knew they had a live one on the line when they found him.

Hey Not!
Gotta disagree with ya again pal...:croc:
Judge Stan Stricklands true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow.
His comment was based on FACTS that were supported to him in the form of her written and recorded statements. That IS acceptable for him to recognize FACTS...don't you think? He is a good man. He is a good Judge. This is all nonsense and smoke and mirrors...that's all it ever was...and all that it will be. :)

His comments were not based on facts at all. They were based on an interrogation that was based on a false date (june 9th) , false cameras accross the street, and detectives making things up. There whole premise is based on false hoods. He should have never fallen for it. He is a Judge, and should know better. He may be a good man, but he is not a good Judge to be partial to one side. I am sure he insisted Kc be at all hearings just to make sure the cameras were there. He is caught up in the 15 minutes of fame disease. I doubt he will man up and step down. IMO

His comments were not based on facts at all. They were based on an interrogation that was based on a false date (june 9th) , false cameras accross the street, and detectives making things up. There whole premise is based on false hoods. He should have never fallen for it. He is a Judge, and should know better. He may be a good man, but he is not a good Judge to be partial to one side. I am sure he insisted Kc be at all hearings just to make sure the cameras were there. He is caught up in the 15 minutes of fame disease. I doubt he will man up and step down. IMO

So Casey really did work for Universal on June 9th, even though you call that a "false date"?

No, of course not, she lied about it and you know it.

This cry about Judge Strickland's comment is yet another :other_beatingA_Dead, - silly when you think about it because plenty of Casey's lies were known at the time of his comment, and they were known to the public as well as the courts.

She lied about Zenaida, she lied to LE and refused to cooperate in helping them locate her baby daughter which is why they finally decided to arrest her and rightly so. Casey just didn't think her butt would be sitting behind bars because after all, her lies have worked for her all of her life and blown right past Cindy who covers for her lies, but oops, you don't lie to LE and get away with it! Fooled you, Casey Anthony! :D

Judge Strickland knew of Casey's lies, and he went methodically, step-by-step down the statues of consideration before he announced her bail.

Judge Strickland spoke factually and truthfully in his statement that "Casey Anthony and the truth are strangers."

So Casey really did work for Universal on June 9th, even though you call that a "false date"?

No, of course not, she lied about it and you know it.

This cry about Judge Strickland's comment is yet another :other_beatingA_Dead, - silly when you think about it because plenty of Casey's lies were known at the time of his comment, and they were known to the public as well as the courts.

She lied about Zenaida, she lied to LE and refused to cooperate in helping them locate her baby daughter which is why they finally decided to arrest her and rightly so. Casey just didn't think her butt would be sitting behind bars because after all, her lies have worked for her all of her life and blown right past Cindy who covers for her lies, but oops, you don't lie to LE and get away with it! Fooled you, Casey Anthony! :D

Judge Strickland knew of Casey's lies, and he went methodically, step-by-step down the statues of consideration before he announced her bail.

Judge Strickland spoke factually and truthfully in his statement that "Casey Anthony and the truth are strangers."

I will have to respectfully disagree. I have been through the Kc lie threads in this forum. When you say she lied about Zenaida, that is your opinion. When you say she lied to Le, that is your opinion. One lie that I know of that is not of opinion is that she did not work there, but she had a valid excuse to get them out there to look at tapes. I am not going to sit here and argue about whether Kc lied or not.

It is my opinion that no Judge should ever make comment like that. They are better off without him. He is very unfair despite what all the majority side thinks here. The next Judge could only better, but not possibly worse.

I do not believe he will step down though. This decision will be like the rest. Motion denied. IMO

I will have to respectfully disagree. I have been through the Kc lie threads in this forum. When you say she lied about Zenaida, that is your opinion. When you say she lied to Le, that is your opinion. One lie that I know of that is not of opinion is that she did not work there, but she had a valid excuse to get them out there to look at tapes. I am not going to sit here and argue about whether Kc lied or not.

It is my opinion that no Judge should ever make comment like that. They are better off without him. He is very unfair despite what all the majority side thinks here. The next Judge could only better, but not possibly worse.

I do not believe he will step down though. This decision will be like the rest. Motion denied. IMO

Both that I have bolded are facts, not opinion.

But you're right, there is a "whole list" that Casey lied about posted here on WS, as well as every "Casey" board across the 'net.

'Opinion' of whether Judge Strickland should have stated the obvious and truthful comment that "Casey Anthony and the truth are strangers" isn't even important - what's important is that it wasn't illegal for him to do so, nor was it unethical, nor was it untrue.

Don't you think he knows what he can and can't say, seeing as how he is the Honorable for a reason? He didn't get there by lotto, you know.

Are the defense using the word 'courtship' deliberately, trying to allude to more than an improper conversation between the two men?

How low can they go?

I'm sure they'll go even lower before there is an end to this case, in which KC will be convicted, regardless of which judge presides, since it's the jury that will find her guilty.

JMO.

So basically if he denies the order it can be determined that he finds no truth in the allegations; if he steps down JS as good as admits he feels he acted improperly. Let's hope he does the right thing. JMO

ETA: Do you think, as an attorney, that this will "tick off" a lot of the legal community? If JB had something substantial I could see it. But this is just "cry baby" stuff. Really is this the best the defense can do? Chasing ex-wives of RK, TES searchers and bloggers when we still have not seen a composite of Zani the Nanny.
ITA! Some ask for the TRUTH...well what's to stop the defense from presenting it? Where is the truth? I'd consider anything reasonable. Why do some think it's only the State's job to get at the truth? They'll tell their version of it in due time. But what do we get from the defense? Anything substantial? No, we get all this bs and nonsense.
JMO

Judge Strickland doesn't need to step down (nor should he) and the motion should be denied...
Oh...IMO

Both that I have bolded are facts, not opinion.

But you're right, there is a "whole list" that Casey lied about posted here on WS, as well as every "Casey" board across the 'net.

'Opinion' of whether Judge Strickland should have stated the obvious and truthful comment that "Casey Anthony and the truth are strangers" isn't even important - what's important is that it wasn't illegal for him to do so, nor was it unethical, nor was it untrue.

Don't you think he knows what he can and can't say, seeing as how he is the Honorable for a reason? He didn't get there by lotto, you know.

No, I think he is blinded by fame. Calling a defendant a liar is not an honorable thing to do. Its the same as saying , this liar over here is innocent until proven guilty. I disagree that it was ethical. I believe it was unethical. I have never heard a Judge do something like this. At any rate, none of it really matters because I do not believe he will step down. I can't believe the Judge is the one going to make this decision. I think it should be someone above him. Who's watching big brother here? If he does not step down, there will prolly be grounds for appeal in the future. Kc deserves a fair trial, we all deserve a fair trial in this country. Kc can not get a fair trial with this Judge. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23